• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Keeping Me In The Dark

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My adopted parents refuse to admit that I am adopted, they do not even acknowledge that I have children or anything like that. Nothing has changed from since I found out that I was adopted and have children. It is like none of this even happened. my sister does not even acknowledge that I have children, it is like I have none in the first place. It is as if nothing has happened.

Indirectly to my adopted parents I have talked about an article for instance about someone finding out that they are adopted, but my father said "people are saying our family looks alike so you don't have to worry about being adopted".

I cannot accuse my parents of me being adopted because if they do they may contact the psychiatrist I go to and convince her I am being psychotic, delusional about them not being my parents etc.

About 5 years or more ago I ran away from home, my family followed me, I ended up asking someone to call the police which they did. Then my adopted mother call her brother, my uncle who worked far away from where I was. The police came, I was taken to the station and questioned, but because I began rambling not making much sense the police assumed I was just mentally ill, referred me to a psychiatrist. I was taken to a hospital.

In the hospital, I started screaming out and I pointed at my mother who was standing beside her brother and pointed at her and said, "you are not my mother", my mother told the doctors, nurses that they did not know why I was acting like this. Because I was screaming and they were acting normal they assumed that I was indeed just mentally ill.

The first psychiatrist ask me questions and I told her that I was used in human trafficking and she began laughing. It was clear that she did not believe me Ever since then I have been going there getting treated for a mental illness "psychosis" that I don't have from the second psychiatrist.

Therefore my parents and my sister acts as if I have no children etc. Therefore how can I ask my sister to carry me to visit my significant other, when they act as if he does not even exist, that my children do not exist etc. What do I do when I say I want to visit my significant other and she asks who that is? Then I tell her, she says she does not know who I am talking about, goes to my adopted parents and telling them what I am asking.

Then all of them trying to convince me that I am wrong, that I am just being delusional. For many years consistently they pretend as if nothing has happened. And if I keep on insisting, what action will they take then?

Whenever there is a "serious issue" regarding me and this, I notice they call my mothers brother, to assist and support them when they feel the need is necessary, like when I ran away etc. So there is a system where anytime there is a serious issue with me they call my uncle to support them.