Kay-Bee Toys To Return

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
'We're Going To Save The Toy Industry' - KB Toys To Be Revived In The Wake Of ToysRUs' Destruction? Transformers News Reviews Movies Comics and Toys

The company who now owns the intellectual property rights to defunct toy retailer Kay-Bee Toys has announced that they intend to revive the chain now that Toys R Us has gone bust.

KB traditionally used smaller retail spaces than TRU, and so if the new owners keep to that then we could see KB stores located in local retail strips instead of the large big-box spots TRU used to have. That might at least allow for the shops to be closer to neighborhoods rather than confined to big-box retail spots.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
'We're Going To Save The Toy Industry' - KB Toys To Be Revived In The Wake Of ToysRUs' Destruction? Transformers News Reviews Movies Comics and Toys

The company who now owns the intellectual property rights to defunct toy retailer Kay-Bee Toys has announced that they intend to revive the chain now that Toys R Us has gone bust.

KB traditionally used smaller retail spaces than TRU, and so if the new owners keep to that then we could see KB stores located in local retail strips instead of the large big-box spots TRU used to have. That might at least allow for the shops to be closer to neighborhoods rather than confined to big-box retail spots.

Awesome!!! Thank you for sharing this!!!

• Agree
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This would be great! I have fond memories of going to Kay-Bee when I was a kid. I remember where there used to be one around a mile from where I work now, I would love to take my son to one if they open in Tampa again!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This would be great! I have fond memories of going to Kay-Bee when I was a kid. I remember where there used to be one around a mile from where I work now, I would love to take my son to one if they open in Tampa again!

i hope that happens. :)

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Back in the early 90s there was a Kay Bee in the mall at Wichita Falls. If you wanted to hit a Toys-R-Us you had to drive the 120 miles to Dallas-Fort Worth. Might be a winning formula providing a market for underserved mid-size cities.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now if only Lionel Toys could come back too, that would be great! IIRC they were often a little bigger than Kay-Bee. Regardless, I hope this happens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums