Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Upvote 0

No Swansong

Formerly Jtbdad Christian on every board!
Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
the faux friend did not make this statement under oath

until then it's not credible
How does it become more (or less) credible under oath? Either he tells the truth or he doesn't. Why do you write "faux friend?" Are you implying that he's not or wasn't a friend if he or she doesn't toe the party line?

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
How does it become more (or less) credible under oath? Either he tells the truth or he doesn't. Why do you write "faux friend?" Are you implying that he's not or wasn't a friend if he or she doesn't toe the party line?
under oath helps nail testimonies down sometimes - sometimes not - depends on how stupid someone is about attempting perjury

but if not under oath there is no need to be honest at all

roomates and friends? - that also remains to be proven if they were really friends or not -

• Agree
Reactions: TuxAme
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
under oath helps nail testimonies down sometimes - sometimes not - depends on how stupid someone is about attempting perjury

but if not under oath there is no need to be honest at all

roomates and friends? - that also remains to be proven if they were really friends or not -

Friends don't knife you in the back (or front). Also the overwhelming testimony of those who know him are positive. Legally, lacking any actual evidence the preponderate weight of testimony is on his side.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If he lied to Congress that should disqualify him from sitting on the bench. But, did he really? What exactly did he say?

What I heard is that he "drinks beer". One can draw their own conclusions.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Friends don't knife you in the back (or front). Also the overwhelming testimony of those who know him are positive. Legally, lacking any actual evidence the preponderate weight of testimony is on his side.
well said - i absolutely agree with you

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Well for starters friends with integrity care about the truth. He's said that Kavanaugh drinking when young shouldn't condemn him for life, but the problem is the lying about it under oath. That's a grave wrong. We don't know if they remained close friends but regardless if they were close at Yale this is something he'd know about.

Other classmates from Yale talking about how belligerent he got & inappropriately he acted while drunk started talking about that back in July.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If he lied to Congress that should disqualify him from sitting on the bench. But, did he really? What exactly did he say?
He said that he never blacked out. They said he drank heavily on occasion. What's the lie or contradiction there?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He said that he never blacked out. They said he drank heavily on occasion. What's the lie or contradiction there?

I and my friends often drank 'heavily', some became belligerent, even starting fights, but no one ever 'blacked out' or couldn't remember stuff. I would even drive home so hammered that I could barely walk. Never got stopped, never had an accident. Go figger.

• Useful
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well for starters friends with integrity care about the truth. He's said that Kavanaugh drinking when young shouldn't condemn him for life, but the problem is the lying about it under oath. That's a grave wrong. We don't know if they remained close friends but regardless if they were close at Yale this is something he'd know about.

Other classmates from Yale talking about how belligerent he got & inappropriately he acted while drunk started talking about that back in July.

If, as this guy recounts, someone got arrested because of such an event, there will be a police record of it. This wouldn't be good the "Kav".

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I and my friends often drank 'heavily', some became belligerent, even starting fights, but no one ever 'blacked out' or couldn't remember stuff. I would even drive home so hammered that I could barely walk. Never got stopped, never had an accident. Go figger.
I read that one of his friends said he started a fight that got one of the three arrested. It would be difficult to prove he never blacked out; am not sure how he knows what blacking out is. Probably not enough to prove perjury about his drinking statements. The sexual assault allegations are under investigation.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I read that one of his friends said he started a fight that got one of the three arrested. It would be difficult to prove he never blacked out; am not sure how he knows what blacking out is.
Lets try to keep this on a serious level. I strongly suspect that a sitting Judge on the second highest court in the land knows what "blacking" out after drinking too heavily means. And if, for some bizarre reason, he did not know, I am almost sure he would have asked for an interpretation before replying under oath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Kav is open to potshots from anyone politically motivated or just seeking notoriety. The questions being asked of him, IMO are not fit for public consumption. The decent and proper way to do this was to bring Ford's letter into executive session and then do a quiet investigation, but the Dems have done this to destroy a good man with a sterling reputation by putting him in an impossible public situation. We wouldn't ask Ford if she drunk to excess or how often she slept around, but it was open season on Kav for the senators. This episode is a truly shameful stain on this nation.

Upvote 0

Newtheran

Sep 10, 2018
South
✟34,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

No Swansong

Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I was responding to a post I thought was directed at me. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

No Swansong

Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
...and what evidence do you provide that these two "friends" of his are telling the truth?

Because so far we know that three people who accused him of wrongdoing were liars.
I don't offer any, as I have none. Nor did I make such a claim. As for the accusers being liars that hasn't been proven and probably will not be.

Upvote 0