Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One would think at least one of those gang rapes would have been reported to the police. In fact why didn't Swetnick report it as soon as she knew what was going on?
Yeah, that accusation is just way over the top. I don't believe anything she said, except maybe spiking the punch. When you have to go with a lawyer as sleazy, creepy as Avenatti has proved to be there is something wrong.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,279.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
One would think at least one of those gang rapes would have been reported to the police. In fact why didn't Swetnick report it as soon as she knew what was going on?
They don't report because they are complicit.

• Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think she was needlessly cruel to Christine Blasey Ford. It's one thing to make a statement to the press where you say, "I have decided to vote yes to confirm Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court" and leave it at that. Instead, she rambled for 20+ minutes, blaming the victim and whining about being "intimidated" by upset women trying to persuade her to change her vote.

She's garbage and I could not be happier that she's retiring.
Ringo

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't worry about Roe v Wade being struck down. And even if it is the issue goes to the States, where most would confirm abortion rights.

My cynical side favors abortion. There are enough unwanted, unloved, uncared for people in this world. Abortion solves that problem as well as others that arise from unwanted pregnancies.
What? Are you actually an evil liberal. Joking . Like my very Conservative family member,( that had multiple abortions )calls me. When I'm trying to explain why abortions should stay legal.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...blaming the victim...

To this day there is zero evidence Ford was the victim of anything. You understand this, yes?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Judiciary Committee voted on a plan that the Democratic members argued was what was needed. They got exactly what they asked for and what the resolution that was voted on called for.
The resolution called for not interviewing the people involved?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Good questions. Too bad the guy accused of these things didn't want an investigation to try and answer them. Makes you wonder why.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The resolution called for not interviewing the people involved?
The resolution called for the FBI to investigate; and although the Republicans warned that the FBI does not interrogate everyone in sight when no crime has been committed, the Democrats were more than happy to support the idea of the FBI doing whatever it thought best to do. No problemo. They wanted the FBI and no one but the FBI.

Most Republicans thought that buying an additional five to seven days of delaying time was the real objective of the Senate Dems, but that was what they proposed with no additional stipulations.

Predictably, when there was nothing turned up after it was all over, they came up with a dozen complaints about why the proposal they themselves came up with, argued was all that was needed, and then passed in committee...wasn't good enough for them.

• Agree
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What? Are you actually an evil liberal. Joking . Like my very Conservative family member,( that had multiple abortions )calls me. When I'm trying to explain why abortions should stay legal.

I (cynically) view abortion as just another way humans die by our own hand. Seeing that the world is overpopulated anything that reduces it is beneficial, in that regard. The caveat of course is that huge amounts of pollution and waste are created during the slow, agonizing deaths of most these days.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To this day there is zero evidence Ford was the victim of anything. You understand this, yes?
I'm sure Bill Cosby first victims were view the same way.

• Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Nope. I don't "understand" it because it isn't true, and definitely wasn't supported by a sham "investigation" that was so narrowly defined that the White House kept having to redefine its scope.

What I do understand is that you seem to lack basic empathy for other people.
Ringo

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Predictably, when there was nothing turned up after it was all over, they came up with a dozen complaints about why the proposal they themselves came up with, argued was all that was needed, and then passed in committee...wasn't good enough for them.
Complaints like not actually interviewing the people directly involved, for example. But hey, other than that, gg.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Then please, do us all a favor and cite the evidence which actually supports or serves to prove her claim.

I don't "understand" it because it isn't true, and definitely wasn't supported by a sham "investigation"...

Ah, so now we are once again dealing with the incompetent FBI which is nothing more than a tool of the administration as opposed to the virtuous and proficient FBI which fought the power and was unassailable in its prosecution of both the Clinton e-mail scandal and the Russian collusion probe.

A new investigation was called for, a new investigation was conducted. Kavanaugh had already been investigated by the FBI six times prior, the first occurring very shortly after his graduation from college. If any of these allegations had any truth to them at all, the FBI would have known about them long before now.

However no amount of fact and/or common sense will ever make the slightest dent in liberal mentality. A liberal woman made a claim against a conservative man, therefore she must be telling the truth and he is guilty and deserves only a blindfold and a last smoke.

You guys have invested no more thought into any of this beyond that simple equation.

...that was so narrowly defined that the White House kept having to redefine its scope.

Interesting, isn't it, that prior to the seventh investigation into Kavanaugh being ordered the constant mantra not only here but everywhere was that the Anita Hill investigation only took three days?

"Three days! The Anita Hill investigation only took three days! Three days I say!"

You got five days, which of course were a sham because again, no evidence was found which in any manner supported Ford's claim.

Trump knew exactly what he was doing. Had he not limited the time frame the Democrats would have turned it into another never-ending witch hunt, just as the Meuller Ain't Got Anything investigation.

What I do understand is that you seem to lack basic empathy for other people.

I have no empathy for anyone who would fabricate a lie in an attempt to destroy a man's life, career, family, and reputation. That is all Ford did.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Complaints like not actually interviewing the people directly involved, for example. But hey, other than that, gg.

Myopia.

Kavanaugh and Ford testified for hours under oath in front of the Senate Judicial Committee. The FBI investigators would have started form that base line. If they found any actual evidence which would have been in conflict with something said under oath, then they would have returned to Kavanaugh and Ford for additional questioning.

That is how an investigation functions.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's with all the recent attempts at character assassination of Avenatti? Sounds like he hit a nerve or something.
I don't know about recent ......
I haven't liked Avenatti for months. I didn't have a problem with him until he kept doing interviews which showed he was more interested in making a name for himself than he was interested in representing his client. I also did some research into him and his firms background which, imo, has not always operated in an ethical manner. Giuliani is almost as bad when it comes to advertising himself. imo, there isn't much difference between them, they are both blood suckers using their clients notoriety to advance themselves. I think they're both sleazy.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't know about recent ......
I haven't liked Avenatti for months. I didn't have a problem with him until he kept doing interviews which showed he was more interested in making a name for himself than he was interested in representing his client.
His clients seem to be doing quite well legally, though. What's the issue?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...are you serious? Local slang doesn't get recorded online today, let alone 30+ years ago.

What has that got to do with the fact that he lied about two of the questions (Devil's Triangle is actually a drinking game). Anyway it doesn't matter as he's been confirmed.

Upvote 0