Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is a play that goes back to 1696. Today the story line would be a little different then what it was back then. Still as a literary agent it has remained with us to this day.
In other words, your statement was nothing but supposition, and you have no facts to back it up.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So answer the question please.

I did, and I just realized that you’re the guy who said I was going to hell for having premarital sex and called the son I have with my husband a bastard. So apparently your Christian need to not judge and exercise forgiveness comes and goes.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think we as christians may take how Kav lives as not normal, but remember we tend have christian friends. But outside of christianity, the normal thing to do is to drink beer, party, be sexually active, maybe do drugs...ect. So for me what Kav does is not shocking at all. So the dems acting like its shocking is beyond me.

Especially when they bring up in his college days he drank, threw up and loves the ladies. I mean hello, ever been to spring break or a college (not a christian one). This party behavior is sadly the norm. Especially for young adult men. They drink, they are stupid, they are horny at that age. Being shocked by that is like being shocked that waters wet. BTW not saying any of its right of course, especially from a christian viewpoint.

As for Ford, well her case already fell apart given her differing story every time she recalls it. From what little she can recall to begin with. Her past has shown she had told people she never knew who assaulted her. But the day she seen Kav running she suddenly knew with 100% certainty. Which 90% of me says she did for political reasons.

Do I believe she was assaulted though? Yes, but not by Kav. Like many things in todays world politics motivates people to either come out and be honest or to lie based on if they like a person or not. Obviously republicans do the same things to sadly, which is why I am neither of those choices.

Now lastly is Kav the right kind of person for the position he wants? Well I think so. Most people are saying no based on who he used to be. But who you used to be isn't who you are now usually. 30 years is a long time. If we judge someone based on what they were like long ago, no one is perfect then. Especially when we assume they are the same person.

Ask James Gunn. Judged on 10 year old tweets he already apologized for and had matured since then. Also for anyone saying "So you're dismissive of sexual assault claims?". No, thats just the super feminists trying to twist everything. We have to accept that not every accusation is legit. Most are of course. But when it comes to politcal attacks its a mixed bag. Many people who have made accusations in the past against someone famous admitted to lying or things of that nature.
Why does everybody keep saying they believe that she was sexually assaulted? There are no facts, as presented, to even support that notion. The facts related to Judge Kavanaugh, as are known and presented, were that she was NOT sexually assaulted. No, her claim was that he groped her inappropriately. I think it was the media and activists and the democrats that started promulgating "sexual assault". Or, am I wrong?

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I did, and I just realized that you’re the guy who said I was going to hell for having premarital sex and called the son I have with my husband a bastard. So apparently your Christian need to not judge and exercise forgiveness comes and goes.

I never said any of those things. I said you were going to hell for being PROUD OF IT.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In other words, your statement was nothing but supposition, and you have no facts to back it up.
That is fine with me because I am not making an authoritarian statement. I am talking about literary agents. This has more to do with archetypes and how the mind works. Esp the collective unconscious.

As Christians we are to have the mind of Christ. But I was demonstrating how the "carnal" mind works. Most of this goes back at least 2500 years to the Greeks.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I never said any of those things. I said you were going to hell for being PROUD OF IT.

You said said any of those things, but then you admit to saying them. ^_^ You crazy kids these days.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You said said any of those things, but then you admit to saying them. ^_^ You crazy kids these days.

There's a difference between committing a sin then repenting later and sinning then being unrepentant and proud of it. The bible forgives people who do the 1st and condemns those who do the 2nd. You are considered "sexually immoral" until you repent and accept Christ. Once you have done so you are cleansed.

But your clear lack of logic seems to indicate to me that I'm throwing the pearls before the swine right now.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That is fine with me because I am not making an authoritarian statement. I am talking about literary agents. This has more to do with archetypes and how the mind works. Esp the collective unconscious.

As Christians we are to have the mind of Christ. But I was demonstrating how the "carnal" mind works. Most of this goes back at least 2500 years to the Greeks.

Your exact words in post 46 were : "That is why she got mad because he was not interested in her. "hell no fury like a woman scorned," If he had shown a bit more interested she may have gone easier on him."

That is a direct statement--you are claiming that the reason you gave is why she did it. Only later when you were challenged on it did you try to wiggle out of that statement by saying that it "is a play that goes back to 1696." The fact is that you have nothing to support your claim.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's a difference between committing a sin then repenting later and sinning then being unrepentant and proud of it. The bible forgives people who do the 1st and condemns those who do the 2nd. You are considered "sexually immoral" until you repent and accept Christ. Once you have done so you are cleansed.

But your clear lack of logic seems to indicate to me that I'm throwing the pearls before the swine right now.

I just find it amusing that a woman who has consensual sex before marriage and doesn’t repent is going to hell and has a child who’s a bastard (even though she has been with the father for a decade), but a guy who’s literally having to answer on a national stage for his premarital, non-consensual sex life and habitual over-indulgence of alcohol (neither of which he is repentant of I might add)... Well gosh, he deserves unconditional forgiveness because that’s what guys do and as Christians forgiveness what we are called to do. ^_^

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just find it amusing that a woman who has consensual sex before marriage and doesn’t repent is going to hell and has a child who’s a bastard, but a guy who’s literally having to answer on a national stage for his premarital, non-consensual sex life and habitual over-indulgence of alcohol (neither of which he is repentant of I might add)... Well gosh, he deserves unconditional forgiveness because that’s what guys do and as Christians forgiveness what we are called to do. ^_^

Kavanaugh is going to hell. Unless he converts to Christianity.

If you ran for supreme justice I wouldn't have a problem with it despite your colorful past but you'd be joining Kavanaugh in both destinations.

Lord knows I'm sexually immoral but I'm repentant and have the blood to cleanse me. Do you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact is that you have nothing to support your claim.
What bittersweet irony because Ford has nothing to support her claims either. She is a wonderful person. She was very articulate in presenting her case. She just totally lacks any evidence to substantiate her claims.

As a general rule psychology pins labels on people without being able to substantiate their claims in anyway. Now she is dealing with law and law is a different ball game. If your going to accuse someone you have to have evidence and she does not have any.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kavanaugh is going to hell. Unless he converts to Christianity.

If you ran for supreme justice I wouldn't have a problem with it despite your colorful past but you'd be joining Kavanaugh in both destinations.

Lord knows I'm sexually immoral but I'm repentant and have the blood to cleanse me. Do you?
Make up your mind. Does Christianity save you or does the Blood save you?

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Whoa, if Mary was betrothed to Joseph and not married to God by the order of the Biblical teaching, then what does that make Jesus? It is easy to throw that word around, but in our faith the only thing we are going to hell for is blaspheme of the Holy Spirit and rejection of Jesus Christ as our Lord. I have several grandchildren that were born out of wedlock, but all of that was made right when the father married my daughter and when the father of the other adopted the children and ALL were raised in Christian homes to adulthood and ALL have received Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. I have even baptized some of them myself. And I baptized my son-in-law and in turn, he baptized his only son too..., the bastard one. One of the most significant stories in the Bible was that Paul had people persecuted and even killed for believing in Christ until his day on the road to Damascus. And until that moment he was proud of it. Proud of killing Jews for converting..., so by your thoughts there is no redemption value in our Lord. I say you are wrong but most importantly, I would ask you to examine the teachings of Jesus Christ and pray on it to find the truth. Because your thoughts on the subject are not the words of Jesus. They are the words of men.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Make up your mind. Does Christianity save you or does the Blood save you?

That's what Christianity is about ... the blood of Christ. Read a bible sometime.

Whoa, if Mary was betrothed to Joseph and not married to God by the order of the Biblical teaching, then what does that make Jesus? It is easy to throw that word around, but in our faith the only thing we are going to hell for is blaspheme of the Holy Spirit and rejection of Jesus Christ as our Lord. I have several grandchildren that were born out of wedlock, but all of that was made right when the father married my daughter and when the father of the other adopted the children and ALL were raised in Christian homes to adulthood and ALL have received Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. I have even baptized some of them myself. And I baptized my son-in-law and in turn, he baptized his only son too..., the bastard one. One of the most significant stories in the Bible was that Paul had people persecuted and even killed for believing in Christ until his day on the road to Damascus. And until that moment he was proud of it. Proud of killing Jews for converting..., so by your thoughts there is no redemption value in our Lord. I say you are wrong but most importantly, I would ask you to examine the teachings of Jesus Christ and pray on it to find the truth. Because your thoughts on the subject are not the words of Jesus. They are the words of men.

She specifically said she was proud of having sex and was upset with a woman for asking how to teach her daughter sexual purity saying that there's nothing wrong with fornication. You are drawing an argument out of something I've not said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have read the Bible at least 5 times.

Then you should know that converting to Christianity means you accept Jesus Christ's sacrifice for your sins. I suggest reading it for a 6th time.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you should know that converting to Christianity means you accept Jesus Christ's sacrifice for your sins. I suggest reading it for a 6th time.
join us in the real world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I suggest you come down off your high horse and join us in the real world. Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

There is no pride here. You asked for me to make up my mind between Christ and Christianity... Do you not see how silly that is? Christ is what Christianity is all about.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What bittersweet irony because Ford has nothing to support her claims either. She is a wonderful person. She was very articulate in presenting her case. She just totally lacks any evidence to substantiate her claims.

This isn't a criminal matter; no one is under any obligation to prove anything. You, on the other hand, said that she had done certain things. You now admit that you have no evidence to back you claims.

As a general rule psychology pins labels on people without being able to substantiate their claims in anyway. Now she is dealing with law and law is a different ball game. If your going to accuse someone you have to have evidence and she does not have any.

If this were a criminal matter it would be up to the prosecuting attorney to prove the case, not the victim.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You asked for me to make up my mind between Christ and Christianity
That is not what I did. You said: "Kavanaugh is going to hell. Unless he converts to Christianity." Christianity does not save you. The Blood of Jesus saves you.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0