Magnolia, AR
✟992,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not to defend Trump (because you shouldn't make a joke like that of anyone, period), but yeah, her severed head gag was really tasteless. And if it truly wrecked her "career", well, those are the consequences, I'm afraid. I admit, though, I found Griffin to be pretty unlikable from what I had seen or heard of her beforehand, anyway.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kathy Griffin says severed Trump head photo made her ‘unemployable, uninsurable’: ‘I'm still on the D-list’ | Fox News

That's the way it goes Kathy.
Up top the mountain we do not support
such actions from either side of the aisle.
The US government offers several
good retraining programs
for those who have lost their jobs.
True, we live in a Great Country.
M-Bob
Don't worry ... Kathy is mostly kidding here.

Employment opportunities were scarce in the US after the referenced mistake in judgement, ... but she was able to take her act on the road outside of the US, where she has, typically, sold out her venues.

And she is beginning to get work in the US again.

P.S. Her stunt with the "severed head" was horrendously out of line ...

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Kathy Griffin says severed Trump head photo made her ‘unemployable, uninsurable’: ‘I'm still on the D-list’ | Fox News
My heart, it breaks.

But as the far left is fond of saying, "freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences".

Still, I hear that learning to code is a lucrative alternative for people whose career paths have been closed off. She might want to look into that.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

That's the way it goes Kathy.
Up top the mountain we do not support
such actions from either side of the aisle.
The US government offers several
good retraining programs
for those who have lost their jobs.
True, we live in a Great Country.
M-Bob

Well Bob, a lot of folks don't live up on the mountain with you and your goats. They don't see death threats & rape threats as being deserved for a photo shoot. In fact, all the rabid, unhinged hate towards her had an opposite effect on many folks. She sold out Carnegie Hall in one day.

Her "Laugh Your Head Off tour" (lol!) was a huge success, racking up millions. The tour visited major cities in Singapore, Australia, Germany, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and throughout Europe and Asia. I strongly suspect that her popularity in those cities is much higher than what they think of Donald. Several shows sold out within minutes of going on sale, leading to Griffin adding several shows to the lineup. On account of her being unable to be insured, she self-financed much of it, which also meant she got to reap the profits instead of having to divide it up.

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well Bob, a lot of folks don't live up on the mountain with you and your goats. They don't see death threats & rape threats as being deserved for a photo shoot. In fact, all the rabid, unhinged hate towards her had an opposite effect on many folks. She sold out Carnegie Hall in one day.

Her "Laugh Your Head Off tour" (lol!) was a huge success, racking up millions. The tour visited major cities in Singapore, Australia, Germany, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and throughout Europe and Asia. I strongly suspect that her popularity in those cities is much higher than what they think of Donald. Several shows sold out within minutes of going on sale, leading to Griffin adding several shows to the lineup. On account of her being unable to be insured, she self-financed much of it, which also meant she got to reap the profits instead of having to divide it up.

Glad to see that she still has a supporter.
M-Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder if they'll add a section about her still being on the D-list.

I'm surprised she wasn't a contestant on Donald's tacky celebrity reality show since it was filled with D-listers.

Actually, no, I'm not. Since she had her own show for years called Life on the D-List, she was too successful for Donald's show. Lol. She's clearly embraced the "d-list" label.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
"HOW", indeed? (More of that fake news?)

Well, I posted articles that explained the how. Also provided answers in my posts. She sold out Carnegie Hall in minutes. She had a tour that went around the world, in major cities. She frequently sold out those venues too. This was all after the incident that caused her to get death threats, rape threats. She rebounded. Donald's supporters inadvertently contributed to her successful comeback! The nifty thing is that on account of her having a hard time with employment after the incident, she self-financed that tour.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Glad to see that she still has one supporter.
M-Bob

Well Bob, seeing as how she sold out Carnegie Hall, had sold out tours all around the world, a packed house at Radio City Music Hall, clearly she's got more than one supporter.

I personally don't care much for her comedy. I'd never heard of her until Donald's tantrums gave her so much publicity it was impossible to not know about her. He is to be credited for her worldwide tour's success! Seriously. The whole tour was named after that incident. I'm sure a huge percentage of the folks who rushed to buy their tickets did so not only due to wanting to hear her, but on account of despising Donald.

I do respect that she earned her money herself. She wasn't a Trump. She didn't grow up with a silver spoon in her mouth. She wasn't a Melania. She didn't take her clothes off for money and then marry somebody old enough to be her daddy to get her money. She became a self-made millionaire. I also admire that she persevered. Folks did their best to keep her down. She got right back up and laughed right in their faces.

• Winner
Reactions: quietpraiyze
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm surprised she wasn't a contestant on Donald's tacky celebrity reality show since it was filled with D-listers.

Actually, no, I'm not. Since she had her own show for years called Life on the D-List, she was too successful for Donald's show. Lol. She's clearly embraced the "d-list" label.
She should get comfortable embracing obscurity, wouldn’t you say?

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, I posted articles that explained the how. Also provided answers in my posts. She sold out Carnegie Hall in minutes. She had a tour that went around the world, in major cities. She frequently sold out those venues too. This was all after the incident that caused her to get death threats, rape threats. She rebounded. Donald's supporters inadvertently contributed to her successful comeback! The nifty thing is that on account of her having a hard time with employment after the incident, she self-financed that tour.
Trump supporters had nothing to do with it. That was between her and Trump. No one helped her fail, she did it all on her own.:)

BTW, what's a D-list?

Upvote 0