Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith

The Holy Ghost Radio Show

#275) Kat Kerr - Jewish Year 5773

“..they’re getting ready to send one of the greatest moves of God on this earth that we’ve ever had before. And it’s going to impact the world. They actually call it the “Heaven Invasion”, or Joel 2, whichever one you want. I don’t know why some people seem to think even believers believe that everything is about to end, and Jesus is coming to take us all home, when this world has never even seen the true power of God in our lives; or, the true love of God in our lives. And so we’re not going anywhere until we are walking in authority; walking in dominion on this earth like God intended us to do."

"We do have a lease on this earth. The Word says that mankind has a 6,000 lease on the earth, where we are to rule and reign. If you look at the Jewish calendar (not the Mayan calendar)… But Heaven goes by the Jewish calendar for earth, it’s the year 5773. That clearly shows that we have two hundred or so years left just of our lease. So things are not going to end anytime soon. And we have to let this world know there’s a God. And so what we’re supposed to do now, instead of trying to escape is run our race with everything we have until this world knows there’s a God.”

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Two sides to consider about tithing.

(As Kat Kerr said, He WILL bless you if you tithe, but we also know that the New Covenant exceeds the demands of the old --so does the blessing!)

From the Sacred Cow Bar-b-que about Abraham's tithe...

Sharecropper vs Sonship Faith

A sharecropper sows someone else's field to partake of some of that blessing.
Thanks for sharing those as you did. Although I still wrestle with some dynamics as it concerns tithing and have talked with others here before on the issue ( #1, #5, #6, #12 , #14 #17 #26, #22 , #25 , #27 #28 and #29/ #30 ), it is a beautiful thing whenever others do so to bless the Body of Christ. ..and it is done so out of love for the fellowship of believers/honoring Christ as He lives in those people rather than thinking one does so solely because they have to. Recently, I came across Kenneth Copeland actually shared on the issue before when talking about the issue of finances and how he had to change his mindset on the issue - as seen in Kenneth Copeland - The Tithe is the Blessing Connection - and although I don't necessarily see eye to eye with the man on all points, I can see where he was coming from in regards to the ways that one has to receive God's Blessing/nothing is keeping you from it and that not tithing can hinder receiving blessing - in the same way that a teenager can be given a brand new car by their parents....beautiful and useful for transporation and being something they didn't do to earn and is available for them - and yet they can miss out on that free blessing the parents made available to them by disobeying the parents with things like curfew/having good grades and subject themselves to punishment with restrictions.....hindering them from operating in the car blessing the parents made available.

Also, Creflo Dollar actually preaching on the issue and it reminded me of some of the things I grew up with when it came to seeing God's blessing...for my mother struggled often and yet she trusted the Lord in tithing even when it seemed we had little - and we always saw the Lord do amazing/radical things despite all the difficulty we experienced and the hard times we went through :):

Of course, there've been many who've taken serious issue with his views on tithing - some seeming to take anything on what he has said in hyberbole/exaggeration and running with it. Happened last year, if you recall, when he noted what he did about "Non-Tithers get Shot" ..but in light of how ministers have been known to be highly exaggeratory to make a point, I was surprised to see so many quickly say "SEE!!!!! He really wants to kill others who don't tithe!!!" when his point was in the context that in the OT they took it very seriously since it harmed the Body and that it's a shame others don't do so today...as seen in "The Tithing Question" series that his statement was taken from (the 1998 version).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Haven't seen the videos yet, but am interested to see his take on the matter. Also plan on reading more from the links you referred to...

Thanks for sharing those as you did. Although I still wrestle with some dynamics as it concerns tithing and have talked with others here before on the issue...it is a beautiful thing whenever others do so to bless the Body of Christ. ..
The beauty is in the giving. When we move away from formula and into the supernatural, then God can more readily be seen (more beauty). People do these things and call it "tithes and offerings". What they often do is give from the heart at His prompting. It really blesses people.

I think the receiving by grace thing (your provision) and being able to believe that you qualify entirely by grace (rather than by giving to receive and formula based blessing) far exceeds the shadow of the heavenly provided by tithing.

and it is done so out of love for the fellowship of believers/honoring Christ as He lives in those people rather than thinking one does so solely because they have to.
Exactly. But if you keep hearing at your place of fellowship, TV, teachings in the body, that you determine your blessing based on your giving, then you're hearing a mixed message.

..for my mother struggled often and yet she trusted the Lord in tithing even when it seemed we had little - and we always saw the Lord do amazing/radical things despite all the difficulty we experienced and the hard times we went through
Glad you've seen supernatural provision in your family. Just think if we didn't have the restraints that we do, a more free flow of blessing could take place. Supernatural provision being a regular occurrence. One of the really beneficial things I learned from the Carpenter teachings is discerning the difference from your provision and your stewardship. We want to give more, yet when increase comes, often it is taken off the top as our increase in provision. Hearty hallelujahs and all that, but our lack of understanding keeps the Lord from entrusting more to us.

We know that tithing in the New Covenant is kind of mentioned in the third person. It is not taught in the new. When you go back and look at Abraham and his tithe, it's not even remotely what takes place in the church today. The Malachi thing is so far out of context, you read about the curse, you begin to let a little "fear" enter in at the possibility of "stealing from God" by not following the mechanical procedure.

Much like the Sabbath, tithing is fulfilled by walking in the Spirit. It's a rest from our own works and a yielding to the new that fulfills all the requirements of the law of ordinances that we cannot complete today even if we wanted to.

For those who have not, I heartily recommend reading even one of these links below about New Covenant finance (compared to what's going on in the church today) as taught by Gary Carpenter. Once God gets your attention with even one of these, it opens a new door to grace that is so welcome it is freeing!

Here are a few links on the blog to some good introductory topics from Gary Carpenter.

Two sides to consider about tithing.

(As Kat Kerr said, He WILL bless you if you tithe, but we also know that the New Covenant exceeds the demands of the old --so does the blessing!)

From the Sacred Cow Bar-b-que about Abraham's tithe...

Sharecropper vs Sonship Faith

A sharecropper sows someone else's field to partake of some of that blessing.

From Formula to Relationship

Sowing and Reaping

Last edited:
Upvote 0
J

Joshua0

“Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.”
Hosea 6:1-3
It was 2,000 years or two days from Abraham to Jesus.
On the third day Jesus did rise them up out of paradise.
On the third day Jesus will rise up the church.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
#282) Decree into the Atmosphere

Kat Kerr - Promise Church

"God is teaching His people to declare and to decree, and let me tell you, when you hear a word that you know is God… And I’m saying, “This is what God says”, we need to stand up and declare it into the atmosphere.

Declaration: “So say, “Father, I’m made in your image. There is no fear in Your image. I will not permit fear to be in me. So fear, we evict you in Jesus name. Get out of here. You will not control me o affect my life. You come near me, you’re going to be kicked out! Amen."

Use Your Gift

"Every single one of us has a gift. And you know what the Word says in Ephesians. “He gave gifts to men…” Some were the five-fold, but all the rest of them are what most of us have. And I’m not even talking about spiritual gifts."

"I have a whole brand new revelation called “gifted”… And that means it’s who you are. What is your gift? Stop sitting in church trying to figure out what your spiritual gift is. That gift is so important. People don’t even get it. God made you that way for a reason. And if He put a gift in you to train horses and do barrel racing, or to be a florist, or to come up with different colors or design, or anything like that; or bake the most yummy stuff you ever had in your life. That’s your gift. It’s your natural gift, because He put it in you before He sent you here. And that’s what your actually supposed to release into the world. And most believers sit in church every Sunday thinking; waiting for years.” I’m trying to wait for the call”. “I’m waiting for the call.” “What is the call?” “What is my gift?” “Am I an intercessor?” If I’m going to be in hospitality? Am I supposed to be a pastor? Let me tell you, if you’re in the five-fold ministry, you won’t have to try to figure it out. You’ll know that you know that you know. You were called to that. And even they have a natural gift.

“This is what God said: Even the disciples had a gift (a natural gift). Peter, every time I’ve seen him in Heaven, is fishing in the Crystal Sea. He’s still using his gift. That’s what he had. He loved it. Half of them were fishermen. They all fish in the Crystal Sea, right now. As you are sitting there, they’re up there fishing (because that’s their natural gift). He said, “I even gave My Son a gift.” It was carpentry. Do you know that Jesus still does build things in Heaven? You probably have something in your mansion He made for you. Did you ever think of that? Your gifts are irrevocable. They were so important to God, He individually made everybody different, and put a gift in you. And it wasn’t just for anything. He doesn’t do something for nothing. He made you special. There is something in every person here that is special, and He put it in you before He sent you here. His Son had it, and He was really good. I’ll give you a clue: Jesus was not poor! He was in a “high” profession, a highly skilled profession. He was on this earth, and He was in very much demand in His city. You will notice in the Word, how many people said, He was a carpenter. I promise you, if He was a lousy carpenter, it would have never said He was a carpenter."

Upvote 0

Criada

Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On
dr-seuss-cat-in-hat-2.jpg

This thread has had a minor clean up.