Karl Marx

A

AP26

Well I was reading a book by Dr. Henry Morris called "The Long War Against God". It was good read about creation vs evolution. In the book it mentioned Marx and communism. It basically stated that Marx's thinking of society was based on an evolutionary basis. He also mentioned Marx as being affiliated with Satanism. He noted these poem, and the soure lead me back to a book called Marx and Satan.

Seemed Marx had a strong hatred for God, and had some notion of he could defeat Him through the implementation of atheistic communism. I'm also interested in how his ideas have been translated into our society culturally. Since he couldn't get the proletariat to unite after the first world war his ideas failed. Since then they figured they has to infiltrate our social institutions to achieve the revolution Marx was looking for. .

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well I was reading a book by Dr. Henry Morris called "The Long War Against God". It was good read about creation vs evolution. In the book it mentioned Marx and communism. It basically stated that Marx's thinking of society was based on an evolutionary basis.

Publication of Marx's Communist Manifesto: 1848
Publication of Darwin's On the Origin of Species: 1859

Marx: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
Evolution: Survival of the fittest.

I'm afraid Morris is equally bad at history and science.

Upvote 0
A

AP26

essentialsaltes said:
Publication of Marx's Communist Manifesto: 1848
Publication of Darwin's On the Origin of Species: 1859

Marx: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
Evolution: Survival of the fittest.

I'm afraid Morris is equally bad at history and science.

I dont know bruh. Marx was influenced my Darwin in some way. He wanted to dedicate Das Kapital to Darwin.

Plus given the fact evolution theory was around way before Darwin wrote about it. Who knows.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Anyone else fascinated with Marx? I could read about this guy forever. I think his work was intended for other things besides what they are perceived to be for.

I wish I had people to talk about this with :p

Well you're right in that he sure didn't intend with his work what people like Morris are able to creatively impugn to him.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
I dont know bruh. Marx was influenced my Darwin in some way. He wanted to dedicate Das Kapital to Darwin.

Plus given the fact evolution theory was around way before Darwin wrote about it. Who knows.

Yeah that evil evolution, influencing writers via time travel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bricklayer

Dec 26, 2009
the rust belt
✟5,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Nimrod was unique in that he proposed the idea of chance. At the time such was unheard of. All things were then attributed to something spiritual. At the core of evolution is chance.
Chance is the exact opposite of God, even to the extent that it has no being.

Upvote 0

brightlights

A sinner
Jul 31, 2004
USA
✟28,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nimrod was unique in that he proposed the idea of chance. At the time such was unheard of. All things were then attributed to something spiritual. At the core of evolution is chance.
Chance is the exact opposite of God, even to the extent that it has no being.

I'm actually interested to see how you came up with this.

Upvote 0

bricklayer

Dec 26, 2009
the rust belt
✟5,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm actually interested to see how you came up with this.

It's been a while, but I do remember that Dr. Henry Morris wrote the most interesting things I read about Nimrod. His book on Genesis was the first of his I read. I'm sure he discusses it there. Dr. Norman Geisler is another good source. (I'm not synergistic or dispensational, but they are good authors I have learned much from.)

Nimrod was a very interesting person. Many of his ideas are quite main steam today. Perhaps the idea of chance is the most evil and pervasive.

Upvote 0
bricklayer said:
It's been a while, but I do remember that Dr. Henry Morris wrote the most interesting things I read about Nimrod. His book on Genesis was the first of his I read. I'm sure he discusses it there. Dr. Norman Geisler is another good source. (I'm not synergistic or dispensational, but they are good authors I have learned much from.)

Nimrod was a very interesting person. Many of his ideas are quite main steam today. Perhaps the idea of chance is the most evil and pervasive.

Do you have the title of the book by Morris that talks about Nimrod? I have to get that.

Upvote 0