Kansas votes 62% to retain the right to access an abortion in its constitution.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on you earlier.

It's O.K. We can have the same goals and still disagree about things. Your concern and intentions are clearly decent and justified.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a Democrat. And although I understand your desire to save the lives of the unborn, I'm disturbed by your willingness to sacrifice the lives of women to achieve your goals.

I am highly concerned for the 4% of the women who became pregnant through no want of their own. I'm sure our society can peacefully resolve that situation when the appropriate time comes. I am also concerned for the other 96% who have been lead to believe by some in our society that abortion is the answer to their situation. I agree 100% our society should do more for women who become pregnant unexpectedly. The women along with their unborn child need love and nurture and help physically, spiritually, mentally, and financially. I know the some Republicans are absolute jerks when it comes to aiding the less fortunate in this society. Some of them feel that they struggled and made it successfully then anyone can and that is just not true. Let God separate out the shysters from those truly in need the help.

And you say I am willing to sacrifice these women? If the Democrats did truly want to make abortion rare in this country, I would vote for them in a heartbeat but they don't. The want "anything goes".
Hence, I will vote third party until we get a government who does the right thing.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How do you square gaining support with falling flat on its face when put to a vote in what was supposed to be a no sweat win?

As I said before, only a third of the voters in Kansas voted on the issue. Two thirds still haven't voiced their opinion. I feel the Kansas legislature realizes this.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's O.K. We can have the same goals and still disagree about things. Your concern and intentions are clearly decent and justified.
Your a good person even though you claim to be a "crabby old white guy".:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As I said before, only a third of the voters in Kansas voted on the issue.

47% of registered voters participated in the primary. In the past that number was 20-30%.

Two thirds still haven't voiced their opinion.
I feel the Kansas legislature realizes this.

I’m not sure if they can get the question on the November ballot but suppose they can, why would the outcome be any different? Do you imagine large numbers of citizens want to vote against abortion but chose to sit out their first chance to do so?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
And you say I am willing to sacrifice these women? If the Democrats did truly want to make abortion rare in this country, I would vote for them in a heartbeat but they don't. The want "anything goes".
Hence, I will vote third party until we get a government who does the right thing.

You don't have to jump to extremes like that. You can help put pressure on the Republicans to take the 4% into account rather than doing a complete ban and nonchalantly hoping things will work out somehow. As for the Democrats, well, yeah, you're not going to get them to see things your way.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,346.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your a good person even though you claim to be a "crabby old white guy".:oldthumbsup:
iu

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And the mutilated and murdered unborn child loses. What a sick society we live in.
Looks like the majority of voters didn't fall for empty rhetoric like this. And yet the big government anti-abortion propaganda keeps using it, even though only it seems to work on a minority of voters.
It is almost as if they want to keep losing support.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is almost as if they want to keep losing support.
Gotta do something to keep the persecution complex going now that they caught the car.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That's been going on for decades. Pro-life has been gaining adherents for at least 20 years. My fear is that the reaction to goverment overreach may erase those gains.

Jesus was right in His approach; change hearts, not laws.
But it looks like power is the real goal, not changed hearts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟905,276.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I would hope not.

As would most of us. If we see the pro-life groups actually transition to supporting women it will go a long way in showing their intentions to help.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As would most of us. If we see the pro-life groups actually transition to supporting women it will go a long way in showing their intentions to help.

Some of them are. They tend to be the least-politicized of these groups. But it's true that a lot of them don't care at all about the kids; they merely want a political issue. That's not limited to one party, but it's particularly blatant among one of the parties.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
'44% of the state’s voters are registered Republicans and 26% are registered Democrats.' Kansas abortion referendum drives record number of voters to polls

And it was approximately 60% of registered voters. That turnout is comparable to a general election.

Have you always lived in Australia? For some reason, I thought you were American. The reason I say this is because you sound so clear from way over on the other side of the world. Anyway, I personally feel the Kansas abortion referendum results were a fluke. When push comes to shove most states are going to ban abortion in some way or another. Abortion mutilates and murders a real person in the womb. No society should be that barbaric!!!

Upvote 0