May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That eliminates half of the population from getting pregnant....

yet most of both genders drive and get into accidents....

And yet still accidents are VERY rare compared to the number of people who drive.

Whilst the number of people becoming pregnant after engage in unprotected sex is VERY high.

I get the impression that you are arguing for the sake of it, so I'll leave you to it.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
And yet still accidents are VERY rare compared to the number of people who drive.

Whilst the number of people becoming pregnant after engage in unprotected sex is VERY high.

I get the impression that you are arguing for the sake of it, so I'll leave you to it.

Here is the point....

If you want to make a point then present evidence which shows percentages of both sex and driving, so we have SOMETHING to go on other than your opinion.

Otherwise, my responses give your opinions the attention they deserve.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Here is the point....

If you want to make a point then present evidence which shows percentages of both sex and driving, so we have SOMETHING to go on other than your opinion.

Otherwise, my responses give your opinions the attention they deserve.

Clearly you've already given more than that.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I remember reading a fact that humans and dolphins are the only two species on Earth who have sex for reasons other than procreation. Always thought the idea of dolphins having sex for non-procreation reasons quite funny, and cute.

Obviously the guys that put that fact never heard of Bonobo :>

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

As others have mentioned...show us the data.

According to a survey published by WebMD, 13% of teens claim to have had unprotected sex. (Notice "Claim"...meaning those are just the teens that have admitted it, much like many teens don't admit to doing drugs in surveys, I would think the same would be true here...but for the sake of debate, we'll go with 13%).

Teens make up roughly ~50 million in the US.

750,000 teens become pregnant each year – 82 percent of these pregnancies

So, here are the figures we're working with...
6.5 million teens who've engaged in unprotected sex
615,000 unplanned teen pregnancies.

How does that compare to driving stats?

From the CDC
About 2,650 teens in the United States aged 16–19 were killed and almost 292,000 were treated in emergency departments for injuries suffered in motor-vehicle crashes...that doesn't include the vast number accidents that just involve minor injuries or property damage.

...that's just 16-19...teen pregnancy stats provided cover a wider age range.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As others have mentioned...show us the data.

There is none. I'm not talking just about teens, I'm talking about everyone as this sex education is supposed to be setting people up for life (just as most people don't get any more maths or english tuition after leaving school).

What we do have (if people are honest) is simple common sense.

Look at the teeming millions of cars on the roads each day. How many are involved in an accident? Very very few. Our roads would be utter carnage if that were not so.

Now look at unprotected sex. By its very nature it produces pregnancy; so much so that contraception was developed to stop it happening. Of all the people people engaging in unprotected sex on a given day a phenomenally high number become pregnant.....as that's the whole purpose of Sex. That's its core function.

But you wont believe that unless given a web link, which is staggeringly blinkered.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Meanwhile, we've got mountains of data showing that Abstinence-only "education" is ineffective, deceptive, and downright harmful.

No you don't.

You may have data that Abstinence is badly taught, but that does not invalidate the message.

Contraception is not 100% effective against either STDs or unplanned pregnancy.

On top of which it enables and encourages promiscuity (by removing the surface consequences of disease and pregnancy); promoting people as being disposable sexual consumer objects.

Abstinence however IS 100% effective against both STDS and unplanned pregnancy. It also thus does away with abortion as well.

Furthermore it in no way enables or encourages promiscuity.

Which is better?

A less effective means of controlling disease and unplanned pregnancy, which also encourages and enables the treating of people as disposable goods?

A 100% effective means of controlling disease and unplanned pregnancy, which also in no way encourages and enables the treating of people as disposable goods?

If we think with our brain, rather than our genitals, and the answer is obvious.

The question is....are people able to understand that, or are they so bovine as to ignore it and fornicate like a bunch of brainless animals? If the latter...why treat them with the dignity of humans?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No you don't.

You may have data that Abstinence is badly taught, but that does not invalidate the message.

So show me the data that show it's capable of being taught "right" -- that is to say, honestly.

Oh, that's right:

There is none.

Moving on...

Contraception is not 100% effective against either STDs or unplanned pregnancy.

On top of which it enables and encourages promiscuity (by removing the surface consequences of disease and pregnancy); promoting people as being disposable sexual consumer objects.

So show us that data that proves the cause and effect. Oh, that's right:

There is none.

Moving on...

Abstinence however IS 100% effective against both STDS and unplanned pregnancy. It also thus does away with abortion as well.

Just as abstaining from driving IS 100% effective against auto accidents -- but you're not going to argue for that... why not?

Furthermore it in no way enables or encourages promiscuity.

Unfortunately that's simply not true -- make something "forbidden," and you only make it more attractive. The data backs that up by showing that the states with Abstinence only "education" have the highest rates of teen pregnancy.

Where's your data that refutes it? Oh, that's right:

There is none.

Moving on...

Which is better?

A less effective means of controlling disease and unplanned pregnancy, which also encourages and enables the treating of people as disposable goods?

A 100% effective means of controlling disease and unplanned pregnancy, which also in no way encourages and enables the treating of people as disposable goods?

The truth. Why doesn't Abstinence only use it?

If we think with our brain, rather than our genitals, and the answer is obvious.

The question is....are people able to understand that, or are they so bovine as to ignore it and fornicate like a bunch of brainless animals? If the latter...why treat them with the dignity of humans?

And again you insult the people you claim to want to educate -- as if Abstinence-only wasn't ineffective enough.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just as abstaining from driving IS 100% effective against auto accidents -- but you're not going to argue for that... why not?

Why not?

That would be because millions of people drive everyday but a tiny tiny number have accidents, and of those who do the majority of those accidents are small in nature.

But of the people who have unprotected sex every day a great many become pregnant.

Your staggeringly disingenuous post, and denial of the self-evident, does not challenge that (or indeed challenge anything that I have said). All you do is ask for "evidence", like some pre-recorded mantra, but you ignore a world full of it before your eyes. There is nothing honest in that position.

And again you insult the people you claim to want to educate -- as if Abstinence-only wasn't ineffective enough.
No, I am simply asking you whether you think people are too stupid and impulsive to understand Abstinence and so need to be given contraception to cover that deficiency....as that seems to be the basis of your argument.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why not?

That would be because millions of people drive everyday but a tiny tiny number have accidents, and of those who do the majority of those accidents are small in nature.

Tens of thousands of people dead -- you don't seem to care...

How many people die from sex? Enough for you to care? Let's see your data.

Oh, that's right:

There is none.

Moving on...

But of the people who have unprotected sex every day a great many become pregnant.

How many? Let's see your data.

Oh, that's right:

There is none.

Moving on...

Your staggeringly disingenuous post, and denial of the self-evident, does not challenge that (or indeed challenge anything that I have said). All you do is ask for "evidence", like some pre-recorded mantra, but you ignore a world full of it before your eyes. There is nothing honest in that position.

There's "nothing hones"t about presenting data? And pointing out that when asking the opposition:

There is none.

Moving on...

No, I am simply asking you whether you think people are too stupid and impulsive to understand Abstinence and so need to be given contraception to cover that deficiency....as that seems to be the basis of your argument.

Yet another falsehood. If Abstinence-only cannot present its message without lying, what makes you think it can ever be effective?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Your childish flamebaiting deserves no further response. If you can't play nice, play on your own. :)

It is real simple....

Playing nice means if you make claims be prepared to source the claims. That is all anybody asked. Why are you not playing nice?

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is real simple....

Playing nice means if you make claims be prepared to source the claims. That is all anybody asked. Why are you not playing nice?

The evidence I cite is in deductive reason and the world; go and look with honest eyes and you will see it.

Go out and watch the roads and you will see millions upon millions of cars that have no accident. Then go out and see the people having unprotected sex (no, not whilst they are actually having it) and many upon many of them will become pregnant.

Engage your reason and you will see that contraception only fuels the carnality that it was created to curb the repercussions of. Like cream cakes that do not make you fat, the gluttonous lap them up as if obesity were the only issue there.

But too many on the net think that evidence means a link, as if they would not believe in gravity if it did not have a wiki page. No ammount of evidence is enough for a disingenuous person who's eyes are closed whilst their mouth repeated the robotic mantra of "Evidence!".

Instead of just repeating a mantra, WATCH, LISTEN and THINK.

:doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The evidence I cite is in deductive reason and the world; go and look with honest eyes and you will see it.

Go out and watch the roads and you will see millions upon millions of cars that have no accident. Then go out and see the people having unprotected sex (no, not whilst they are actually having it) and many upon many of them will become pregnant.

Engage your reason and you will see that contraception only fuels the carnality that it was created to curb the repercussions of. Like cream cakes that do not make you fat, the gluttonous lap them up as if obesity were the only issue there.

But too many on the net think that evidence means a link, as if they would not believe in gravity if it did not have a wiki page. No ammount of evidence is enough for a disingenuous person who's eyes are closed whilst their mouth repeated the robotic mantra of "Evidence!".

Instead of just repeating a mantra, WATCH, LISTEN and THINK.

:doh:

I'm thinking....

I'm listening....

I'm watching you reach for some ridiculous comparison which doesn't make a lick of sense, plus you support your comments with nothing but opinions.

Perhaps you should have found a stronger argument and nobody would have wasted the last couple of days.

You have already been supplied evidence by mini, and you completely ignored the post....except to say you have no evidence.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Look at the teeming millions of cars on the roads each day. How many are involved in an accident? Very very few. Our roads would be utter carnage if that were not so.

Yep...and likewise, there are millions of people having unprotected sex each day.

...the end result of each of these realities:

Today (In the USA), we will have 27,000 car accidents, and 9,000 unplanned pregnancies.

Now look at unprotected sex. By its very nature it produces pregnancy; so much so that contraception was developed to stop it happening. Of all the people people engaging in unprotected sex on a given day a phenomenally high number become pregnant.....as that's the whole purpose of Sex. That's its core function.

You're continuing the same flawed line of logic...you're speaking in generalities about cars, but delving into the details on sex.

Look at your statement in bold above, I could easily reply back with: "Look at the nature of car accidents, they occur so frequently, that seat belts, airbags, and tight driving restrictions on youth were developed to deal with it".

You brush the details aside to try to prove you point, but the reality, cars/driving is one of the most regulated things in our society due to the danger it presents when you move a 3,000 pound hunk of metal at 60mph.

So...back to TLK's question, should we go the abtinence-only driving route?

Car accidents are the number one killer of teens, and the only way to guarantee that they won't be a statistic, is to stop the from driving altogether...right???

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Put it this way.

Imagine those millions and millions driving their cars today. How many will have accidents? Very few.

Now imagine if when the rest got home they all had unprotected sex. How many would result in pregnancies? A very great many.

That is why we teach abstinence (or you would teach contraception) in sex but not in driving. The probability of pregnancy from unprotected sex is far far higher than the probability of accidents when driving.

Get your ideology out of the way and you might see that.

Upvote 0