Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Who grow into adults.

How many are driving each day?

How many are having unprotected sex each day?

Accidents are a tiny risk in driving.

Pregnancy is the natural consequence of unprotected sex.

Accidents are the natural consequence of driving.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Accidents are the natural consequence of driving.

Maybe if you are driving the are....;)

Meanwhile, for the rest of us, they are a very rare occurance....unlike becoming pregnant through unprotected sex.

The staggering level of denial here is as :doh: as the "transsexual" threads

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Maybe if you are driving the are....;)

Meanwhile, for the rest of us, they are a very rare occurance....unlike becoming pregnant through unprotected sex.

The staggering level of denial here is as :doh: as the "transsexual" threads

I have never become pregnant because of unprotected sex. I have been in car accidents.

The denial....

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

If I recall correctly you have more than once called for the state to prevent people from having any other kind of sex.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If I recall correctly you have more than once called for the state to prevent people from having any other kind of sex.

You are very much mistaken. I said specifically that the State should not police what happens in bedrooms.

If you want to quote me, quote me with a link. But don't just insinuate. :)

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You are very much mistaken. I said specifically that the State should not police what happens in bedrooms.

You don't want the state to police the bed room yet you want it to police contraception to the point where even its mention outside of "DONT DO DAT!" would result in criminal sanction per your thread over in E&M forum. Making contraception a crime leaves very free options for safer sex.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who grow into adults.

...at which point, it's no longer the school's job to educate them.

How many are driving each day?

...210 million licensed drivers in the US.

How many are having unprotected sex each day?

...no way of knowing unless you were to survey every single person in the country about the frequency of relations as it pertains to them.

Accidents are a tiny risk in driving.

By car insurance industry estimates, you will file a claim for a collision about once every 17.9 years. That's if you're an average driver, which, whether you're willing to admit it or not, you likely are.

So if you got your license at age 16, the odds are quite good that you'll experience some kind of crash by the time you're 34, at the latest. Over the course of a typical long, driving lifetime, you should have a total of three to four accidents.

Something that happens to people (on average) 3 to 4 times in their lifetime isn't that 'rare' or 'tiny'.

Does the average person have 3 to 4 unplanned pregnancies in their lifetime?

Pregnancy is the natural consequence of unprotected sex.

Nobody is disputing that...what's being disputed is the notion that "sex for procreation only" and "abstinence only" is somehow the cure-all for the issues of unplanned pregnancy among our nation's youth. Another poster asked you if you would be in favor of an "abstinence only driving" approach for the youth...you declined on the grounds that car accidents are rare and unplanned pregnancies are frequent. ...a claim that has been shot down by the facts and data. You're simply trying to take that approach to give yourself some sort statistical backup for your position to make it seem reasonable, unfortunately, no stats exist that support the claim you've made...meaning that the abstinence-only approach you take on sex is less about protecting people from risks based on statistical analysis, and more about trying to convince others to conform to your moral preferences.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
By car insurance industry estimates, you will file a claim for a collision about once every 17.9 years. That's if you're an average driver, which, whether you're willing to admit it or not, you likely are.

So if you got your license at age 16, the odds are quite good that you'll experience some kind of crash by the time you're 34, at the latest. Over the course of a typical long, driving lifetime, you should have a total of three to four accidents.

So a typical driver, driving every week day, can expect to have an accident about once in 18 years.

If a woman has unprotected sex everyday, for 18 years, the chances are she'd have 18 children (and indeed would probably have several thousand if it were not limited by gestation periods).

Hence, accidents are a rare occurance in driving.

They are par for the course in unprotected sex.

That this is not self-evident to so many is truly bizarre.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
...at which point, it's no longer the school's job to educate them.

...210 million licensed drivers in the US.

...no way of knowing unless you were to survey every single person in the country about the frequency of relations as it pertains to them.

Something that happens to people (on average) 3 to 4 times in their lifetime isn't that 'rare' or 'tiny'.

Does the average person have 3 to 4 unplanned pregnancies in their lifetime?

Nobody is disputing that...what's being disputed is the notion that "sex for procreation only" and "abstinence only" is somehow the cure-all for the issues of unplanned pregnancy among our nation's youth. Another poster asked you if you would be in favor of an "abstinence only driving" approach for the youth...you declined on the grounds that car accidents are rare and unplanned pregnancies are frequent. ...a claim that has been shot down by the facts and data. You're simply trying to take that approach to give yourself some sort statistical backup for your position to make it seem reasonable, unfortunately, no stats exist that support the claim you've made...meaning that the abstinence-only approach you take on sex is less about protecting people from risks based on statistical analysis, and more about trying to convince others to conform to your moral preferences.

I remember reading a fact that humans and dolphins are the only two species on Earth who have sex for reasons other than procreation. Always thought the idea of dolphins having sex for non-procreation reasons quite funny, and cute.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,955.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I remember reading a fact that humans and dolphins are the only two species on Earth who have sex for reasons other than procreation. Always thought the idea of dolphins having sex for non-procreation reasons quite funny, and cute.

One wonders how researchers determined the reasoning behind other species behavior. :confused:

Upvote 0

ColtonRC

Mar 9, 2015
✟15,118.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." - John 1:1 (KJV)

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." - 1 John 4:7-8 (KJV)

"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." - 1 John 4:16 (KJV)

"If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?" - 1 John 4:20 (KJV)

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18 (KJV)

"O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." - Psalms 34:8 (KJV)

"And this is His commandment, That we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment." - 1 John 3:23 (KJV)

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins." - 1 John 4:8, 10 (KJV)

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one." - Romans 3:10 (KJV)

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." - Romans 3:23 (KJV)

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE through Jesus Christ our LORD." - Romans 6:23 (KJV)

"The Son of man shall send forth His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 13:41,42 (KJV)

"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." - 2 Peter 3:9 (KJV)

"But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8 (KJV)

“In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins:” – Colossians 1:14 (KJV)

"For He [God] hath made Him [Christ] to be sin for us, WHO KNEW NO SIN; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him." - 2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV)

“For what the law [10 Commandments] could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son [Christ] in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:” – Romans 8:3 (KJV)

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a LAMB WITHOUT BLEMISH and WITHOUT SPOT: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you," - 1 Peter 1:18-20 (KJV)

“Therefore as by the offence of one [Eve] judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of One [Christ] the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.” – Romans 5:18 (KJV)

"Who His [Christ] own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by Whose stripes ye were HEALED." - 1 Peter 2:24 (KJV)

"For grace are ye SAVED through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." - Ephesians 2:8,9 (KJV)

“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:” – Romans 5:1 (KJV)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be SAVED. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - John 3:16,17,18 (KJV)

"In whom the god of this world [satan] hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the IMAGE OF GOD, should shine unto them." -2 Corinthians 4:4 (KJV)

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My Word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath EVERLASTING LIFE, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." - John 5:24 (KJV)

"For there are Three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these Three are one." - 1 John 5:7 (KJV)

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." - 1 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)

"I [Jesus Christ] and my Father [God] are one." - John 10:30 (KJV)

"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" - Philippians 2:6 (KJV)

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." - Hebrews 1:8 (KJV)

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." - 1 Timothy 2:5,6 (KJV)

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be SAVED." - Acts 4:12 (KJV)

Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father [God] except through Me" - John 14:6 (KJV)

"And this is His commandment, That we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment." - 1 John 3:23 (KJV)

"And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be SAVED, and thy house." - Acts 16:31 (KJV)

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord [Jesus Christ] shall be SAVED." - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

"In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace;" - Ephesians 1:7 (KJV)

"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve." - Luke 4:8 (KJV)

"And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped Him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean." - Matthew 8:2 (KJV)

"And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him." - Matthew 8:7 (KJV)

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; (2 Corinthians 10:5 KJV)

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in Me [Christ]. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." - John 16:33 (NLT)

"Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love." - 2 John 1:3 (KJV)

Prayer of Salvation:

“Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I do not deserve eternal life. But, I believe You died and rose from the grave to make me a new creation and to prepare me to dwell in your presence forever. Jesus, come into my life, take control of my life, forgive my sins and save me. I am now placing my trust in You alone for my salvation and I accept your free gift of eternal life.”

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Children and teens do not lack information about sex. They lack context and discernment. It is the latter that we withhold from them if we do not educate them on the subject.

That education needs to include dealing with all of the information that they have, whether true or false, harmful or helpful, if it is going to equip them to make mature decisions.

Parents, teachers, religious leaders and medical professionals may all be in a position to offer some of this education, but few individuals will be in a position to offer the full gamut of education that an individual child or teen needs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have never become pregnant because of unprotected sex.

Nor have I -- and not just because I'm male... ;)

I've never caused anyone to become pregnant because of unprotected sex, because I've never had unprotected sex.

I've never had unprotected sex because I was educated and knew what to do and why it should be done.

That's called "education."

I have been in car accidents.

As have I -- Again, I was educated and knew what to do and why it should be done, and yet, I was in a car accident.

Clearly, comprehensive Driver's Ed. isn't working -- let's switch to abstinence-only.

The denial....

It's as if they'd prefer to see their children mangled in twisted car wrecks rather than have s-e-x...

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You don't want the state to police the bed room yet you want it to police contraception to the point where even its mention outside of "DONT DO DAT!" would result in criminal sanction per your thread over in E&M forum. Making contraception a crime leaves very free options for safer sex.

Contraception used to be a crime -- then along came Griswold v. Connecticut, and freedom won out...

Upvote 0