Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
The official Catechism of the Catholic Church indicated that the person who died by suicide may not always be fully right in their mind; and thus not one-hundred-percent morally culpable: "Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, or grave fear of hardship, suffering, or torture can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide." The Catholic Church prays for those who have died by suicide, knowing that Christ shall judge the deceased fairly and justly. The Church also prays for the close relations of the deceased, that the loving and healing touch of God will comfort those torn apart by the impact of the suicide

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read that as well. I think this is a case where the RCC was wrong in the past for the treatment of the deceased that suffered from mental illness. Praise God that He knows. This explanation as it stands now seems like a lot of waffling. Especially with the assisted suicide scenarios we read so much about now.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I read that as well. I think this is a case where the RCC was wrong in the past for the treatment of the deceased that suffered from mental illness. Praise God that He knows. This explanation as it stands now seems like a lot of waffling. Especially with the assisted suicide scenarios we read so much about now.

Assisted suicide in my opinion is a whole different ball game. Those that are assisting should be the ones to guide and assist those who are struggling to get the help and support they really need not aid and abet their suicide.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others