Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I have not been able to get around much yet but I really like the town.

On Saturday, my car broke down on my way home from the library. I had just stopped at the stop sign on the corner of 6th and Maple and it just died. There was a car behind me so I got out of my car to try and push it off to the side of the road. The lady in the car behind me got out and came running over to help. Then another lady stopped her car and got out to help. Then a man and his wife stopped their car and got out to help. Then another man came and offered the use of his cell phone if I did not have one. I was overwhelmed...I had never had so much help all at once. :)

I did have a cell phone so I called AAA. One of the ladies offered to take me home but I figured I should wait for the tow truck. She said she would be back by in a few minutes and if I was still there she would check on me. The tow truck even showed up within 20 minutes.

It was a great experience...despite the fact that my car was sick.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/b/broken_down.asp

Upvote 0

EZRida4JC

May 3, 2008
✟327.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I would say it's a little less roudy! The two things KS is known for is the methanphetamines and teenage pregnancy. There are talks of gangs but not too much. Oh and I guess BTK too! He lived in a suburb of Wichita. Well, Wichita did have a baseball team but they just decided to move out of the state! There is a university there. They have lots of good places to eat and a neat night club area. They usually bring in concerts esp Christian ones. There is this church there that is so massive, it's ridiculous. They have an amusement park and are building a new one north of town out by the colisuem that brings in rodeos, monster trucks, concerts, and kids shows. The news for this area is based out of Wichita so that is nice. They have a comedy club that is pretty cool, they just had Gilbert Godfrey in this week. Wichita is about 30 min from where the state fair is held. If you have kids there is a zoo and Exploration Place which is totally awesome!!! So that is what I could think of that was the main stuff. The drivers are kind of nuts though!

Yo Wichita!

I hear the Lineman is still on the line?

Hi!

I'm not an Kansan, but I'm praying @ a USA tour in summer - to pray in all the state capitals & major cities, kinda zig-zagging from NYC west to east to west..

& working gradually south till I hit Miami

I guess Wichita will be between St Louis & Denver stops @ end-June, DV

I woulda been a kinda near neighbour if I'd emigrated to Decatur IL 4/5 years ago - to help an outreach to all the major music etc festivals, spring to fall, via mobile catering concessions & @ regional Christian TV & radio stations' outside broadcast depts, doing my many voices

But hey, now I'm kinda retired, who knows what doors God may choose to open?

Laters, 'Gators!

'Arfa Mo'

Upvote 0

EZRida4JC

May 3, 2008
✟327.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mixolydian

Lord I believe; help my unbelief.
Oct 7, 2008
Kansas
✟11,433.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm in Topeka, home to Charles Sheldon and the birthplace of modern pentecostalism and some other preacher I forgot his name, but he does go on about God hating figs or something like that, maybe he's referring to Jesus smiting the fig tree.

Upvote 0

kutailg8

Jun 9, 2011
✟7,626.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I would say it's a little less roudy! The two things KS is known for is the methanphetamines and teenage pregnancy. There are talks of gangs but not too much. Oh and I guess BTK too! He lived in a suburb of Wichita. Well, Wichita did have a baseball team but they just decided to move out of the state! There is a university there. They have lots of good places to eat and a neat night club area. They usually bring in concerts esp Christian ones. There is this church there that is so massive, it's ridiculous. They have an amusement park and are building a new one north of town out by the colisuem that brings in rodeos, monster trucks, concerts, and kids shows. The news for this area is based out of Wichita so that is nice. They have a comedy club that is pretty cool, they just had Gilbert Godfrey in this week. Wichita is about 30 min from where the state fair is held. If you have kids there is a zoo and Exploration Place which is totally awesome!!! So that is what I could think of that was the main stuff. The drivers are kind of nuts though!

Prairie Dunes golf course is close by if you or your hubby play the game! Its one of the best in the country.

Upvote 0