Kansans, hey! over here!

momgreenlady

Aug 3, 2006
✟15,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say it's a little less roudy! The two things KS is known for is the methanphetamines and teenage pregnancy. There are talks of gangs but not too much. Oh and I guess BTK too! He lived in a suburb of Wichita. Well, Wichita did have a baseball team but they just decided to move out of the state! There is a university there. They have lots of good places to eat and a neat night club area. They usually bring in concerts esp Christian ones. There is this church there that is so massive, it's ridiculous. They have an amusement park and are building a new one north of town out by the colisuem that brings in rodeos, monster trucks, concerts, and kids shows. The news for this area is based out of Wichita so that is nice. They have a comedy club that is pretty cool, they just had Gilbert Godfrey in this week. Wichita is about 30 min from where the state fair is held. If you have kids there is a zoo and Exploration Place which is totally awesome!!! So that is what I could think of that was the main stuff. The drivers are kind of nuts though!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dia_liom

Senior Contributor
Jan 30, 2005
Kansas
✟20,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Been in Wichita since '85. g/f lives up in Topeka, works Lawrence.

Wichita: Things to do- Thunder hockey, Cowtown, the new (not yet open) Wild West World, parks, Exploration Place, Ice Sports Wichita, Orpheum theater, Old Town, Crown Uptown, any of the 'Warren' movie theaters (nicest theater I've ever seen), great zoo. Up in Hutchinson (30 miles or so), there's the Kansas Cosmosphere, where they built some of the models for Apollo 13.

Places to eat: Red Beans Bayou Grill, Fusion Pizza, Cero's Candy, Barnard's, DeFazio's

Some great churches around town- any idea where you might be living? Where do you go now?

Upvote 0

1god4me

Nov 30, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟7,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Since there are several people here from Wichita maybe you can help me with something. I live in Tulsa but my g/f lives in Wichita. Things are going pretty well and if they continue to go that way I am thinking that I will probably propose early next year (possibly on Valentine's Day). Since I am not very familure with Wichita I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good romantic place to pop the question. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Upvote 0

LuvAslan

[Insert clever/inspiring/funny phrase here]
Jun 12, 2006
Colby, Kansas
✟21,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since there are several people here from Wichita maybe you can help me with something. I live in Tulsa but my g/f lives in Wichita. Things are going pretty well and if they continue to go that way I am thinking that I will probably propose early next year (possibly on Valentine's Day). Since I am not very familure with Wichita I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good romantic place to pop the question. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Hmm, I wish I could help, but I've only been there about 3 times. I've never been around to see more than a few places, none of which are romantic, unless you count the zoo.

Upvote 0