✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
squeaky092 said:
I was born in Wichita!!! Now I live in Joplin Mo. Close to Kansas...Close enough to get the same wacky weather. I miss my family and the city. I don't really miss the smell of Wichita though...If you have ever been on I35 in South Wichita on a hot summer day you know what I'm talkin about (open sewer system...p.u!) LOL

So that's what that was!!!!!!! I was driving along there just today! I live in Fort Scott by the way...

Upvote 0

Ms. Becky

Jun 24, 2003
Kansas
Visit site
✟7,792.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Sadly to say THAT is what THAT is. My grandson lives in Haysville and I drive I35 quite a bit. When he was 4 or 5 years old he would say, "Mamu, roll the windows up!" I would tell him they were up and he would yell, "Hurry up Mamu. Can't we SPEED for just a mile??"

As you can tell I am from Wichita.

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ms. Becky said:
Sadly to say THAT is what THAT is. My grandson lives in Haysville and I drive I35 quite a bit. When he was 4 or 5 years old he would say, "Mamu, roll the windows up!" I would tell him they were up and he would yell, "Hurry up Mamu. Can't we SPEED for just a mile??"

LOL Aww, the good ole sewage treatment plant aroma.

You know you're in Wichita (when coming off the turnpike) when you hit that welcoming smell. LOL

Upvote 0

knownbeforetime

Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power
Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ms. Becky said:

My brother, his wife, and two kids live in Haysville! He has a pool in his backyard. So, whenever I visit, it's party time!

Yeah, and let's just say that his pool is the only one I've been in this summer. I had to go to the hospital the last time I went to my city pool...

Upvote 0

Daisysqueaks

Thank You for Your blessings, Lord
Sep 20, 2004
Missouri
✟10,528.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is cool! My parents live in Haysville just off of Broadway!! What a small world/internet tee hee!

I feel so much better knowing that others know what I'm talking about when I mention that open sewer. Wish they would do something about that thing!! Atleast there is airconditioning in most cars now. I can remember being a kid and riding with my parents down I-135 and trying to decide whether to roll up the windows and smother for the 1/2 mi of smell or just endure the smell full force!

Upvote 0

knownbeforetime

Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
bluenovember said:
I grew up in Kansas...a couple different cities. I just moved to Hawaii...but I miss Kansas. Everyone here keeps calling me Dorothy....
My aunt lives in Hawaii! She lives on Oahu. She lives near the set of Lost...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

knownbeforetime

Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
bluenovember said:
Really? Crazy! I live on Oahu, too! :)
What a small world. I move away from you and move near your auntie!:eek::D
That is very strange...

I'm almost glad I didn't ask you if you were going to make it back to town again anytime soon...^_^

Upvote 0

Torah613

Frum in the Chood yo!
Dec 29, 2005
Kansas
✟18,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LaxItUp said:
Kansas is great, but I love bein out here in VA for college. I'm from the greatest town in Kansas, Fort Scott. Used to live in Central KS, but the Eastern side is just waaayyyy to nice. Holla...

That is seriously less than an hour from where I live. I'm In Parsons.

Joe Zollars

Upvote 0

Torah613

Frum in the Chood yo!
Dec 29, 2005
Kansas
✟18,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
squeaky092 said:
I was born in Wichita!!! Now I live in Joplin Mo. Close to Kansas...Close enough to get the same wacky weather. I miss my family and the city. I don't really miss the smell of Wichita though...If you have ever been on I35 in South Wichita on a hot summer day you know what I'm talkin about (open sewer system...p.u!) LOL

I live roughly 45 mins to the west of you.

Joe Zollars

Upvote 0