it depends.
Visit site
✟15,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shy21 said:
I suppose to be coming to Kansas in August to attend college. Can you tell me what the weather is like there? Usually cold or hot? Fun?

in august well it will be extremely hot here! but you will notice (if you are staying the whole year through) that kansas has some wacky weather. usually pretty cold winters and extremely hot summers. What college will you be going to? as for the fun part, ive never heard a college kid say that werent having fun so im sure you will be having tons of fun. (although i wouldnt consider kansas in itself fun)

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Bring everything because the weather here changes all the time. Like, even though today is Feb. 19, the high in my area (Wichita) was 69 dgrees. Tomorrow,cold and rainy. So bring lots of layers.

Oh yeah, and its windy everyday here.

Good luck with college. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SojoMeg

May 11, 2005
✟265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Born and raised in Overland Park, college in Manhattan (KSU), and then returned to the KC area, Olathe, to raise my children.

I love living in Kansas, just not too happy about our reputation lately. What's with the Board of Education trying to dig up the Scopes Trial once again? *sigh*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rosemoss

The Lord is my STRENGTH!
Apr 24, 2005
Kansas
✟29,116.00
Faith
Baptist
Yep! A classic, always cracks me up. But, I suppose other states have the problem.....Florida, probably something about not being able to count.....Texax, probably something about having the biggest of something.....
So, BeautyForAshes,
You live in Wichita, right? Did you grow up in KS? I ALWAYS get lost when I go to Wichita! Which isn't very often, I have several relatives in El Dorado though. And a Grandma that lives in Cassoday, KS off the turnpike.

rosemoss

Upvote 0

Daisysqueaks

Thank You for Your blessings, Lord
Sep 20, 2004
Missouri
✟10,528.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was born in Wichita!!! Now I live in Joplin Mo. Close to Kansas...Close enough to get the same wacky weather. I miss my family and the city. I don't really miss the smell of Wichita though...If you have ever been on I35 in South Wichita on a hot summer day you know what I'm talkin about (open sewer system...p.u!) LOL

Upvote 0