Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How am I insulting Orthodoxy, Rob? I think you meant to say that the thread lauds African conversion. I didn’t.

The juxtaposition of you coming in to a thread lauding the growth of the Orthodox Faith in Africa, with some graphic insinuating that the peoples of Africa have low IQ's looks like either an insult to Africans. Orthodoxy. or both. I, personally, find that deplorable.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you’re this wounded, PM me and we’ll work through it.

The juxtaposition of you coming in to a thread lauding the growth of the Orthodox Faith in Africa, with some graphic insinuating that the peoples of Africa have low IQ's looks like either an insult to Africans. Orthodoxy. or both. I, personally, find that deplorable.

Upvote 0

straykat

Apr 17, 2018
Catacombs
✟22,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I hate to butt in, but I think he may just be saying how dangerous it is (and courageous to bring the gospel there). As for the low education, I think that's the result of colonialism purposely ravaging the land and keeping people down. Nothing inherent.

That same map he posted showed Greece itself a lighter shade of blue than the other European countries. This is Greece! Once the pillar of Western intellectual pursuits. There's nothing inherently inferior about their intellect. But they were stomped on for centuries by Muslims. It's only in the last century that dawn has come again. Here's hoping the same happens for Africa.

Upvote 0