Delete
✟69,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not here to argue or disagree with anyone PeaceB. I grew up Catholic, most of my family still is. I just want people to know that they can't save themselves, it is a tremendous relief coming to that realization. To answer your post though, James does not contradict Paul. Here is a verse proving that James and Paul's teachings are in harmony.

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love".
Galatians 5:6

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm not here to argue or disagree with anyone PeaceB. I grew up Catholic, most of my family still is. I just want people to know that they can't save themselves, it is a tremendous relief coming to that realization. To answer your post though, James does not contradict Paul. Here is a verse proving that James and Paul's teachings are in harmony.

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love".
Galatians 5:6
Thanks, but the Catholic Church does not teach that people can save themselves.

Nor do we believe that James conflicts with Paul, of course.

We believe that James conflicts with certain interpretations of Paul (as did Luther, at least at the point in time when he doubted the canonicity of James).

Upvote 0