Miami
✟39,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a daily devotional book by a man named Oswald Chambers, called "My Utmost for His Highest." It's divided into one devotional for each day of the 365-day calendar year. Today's reading, October 28, is called "Justification by Faith." Here it is:

"For, if when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."
Romans 5:10

I am not saved by believing; I realize I am saved by believing. It is not repentance that saves me, repentance is the sign that I realize what God has done in Christ Jesus. The danger is to put the emphasis on the effect instead of on the cause. It is my obedience that puts me right with God, my consecration. Never! I am put right with God because prior to all, Christ died. When I turn to God and by belief accept what God reveals I can accept, instantly the stupendous Atonement of Jesus Christ rushes me into a right relationship with God; and by the supernatural miracle of God's grace I stand justified, not because I am sorry for my sin, not because I have repented, but because of what Jesus has done. The Spirit of God brings it with a breaking, all-over light, and I know, though I do not know how, that I am saved.

The salvation of God does not stand on human logic, it stands on the sacrificial Death of Jesus. We can be born again because of the Atonement of Our Lord. Sinful men and women can be changed into new creatures, not by their repentance or their belief, but by the marvellous work of God in Christ Jesus, which is prior to all experience. The impregnable safety of justification and sanctification is God Himself. We have not to work out these things ourselves; they have been worked out by the Atonement. The supernatural becomes natural by the miracle of God; there is the realization of what Jesus Christ has already done - "It is finished."

Kieren Elphick

Jul 26, 2022
Gloucester
✟15,201.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
It is my obedience that puts me right with God

I would be careful as it's nothing on our part, but totally the "GRACE" of "GOD", obedience allows us to draw closer in an intimate relationship with our Lord and Saviour, as it's the "SIN" that harms our relationship with Him. It was what separated us from "GOD" in the beginning, and is why it's important to keep up with repentance to ensure we have no blockages/barriers between us and Him.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON

This thread is now closed. Please note the Statement of Purpose for this particular sub-forum states:
Only non-Christians may start threads here, and only orthodox Christians may reply to your thread. Christians (orthodox and unorthodox) may not start threads here.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.