Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This is not a time to argue about possible appointments for replacing her, when it should happen, etc. No, it is time to pray for the Bader and Ginsberg families, her friends, and the eight surviving SCOTUS judges who are grieving this terrible loss of life. RBG was the longest tenured SCOTUS justice. She survived a lot of life-threatening ailments until now, which I consider a fight for America, not just herself. We needed to keep her on the bench as much as she did not want to retire. So please do not look at this tragedy as one more chance for Republicans to get what they want because members of all parties are sad now about an admirable and very smart woman who served this country for decades going to heaven.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟286,803.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If the Republicans are smart they'll replace her with a good justice. I'm hoping that Catholic lady who Feinstein said was strong in the dogma. They need to demoralize Democrats instead of letting them use it as an issue to get the vote out.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)They need to demoralize Democrats instead of letting them use it as an issue to get the vote out.
Yeah, because getting a lot of Americans to vote? That's not something Republicans like to see happen...:doh:
tulc(seriously) :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I liked her except.for fact she supported abortion.

I fully support women s rights but not to abortion

She also supported allowing the state to take private property from citizens and turning it over to private developers.

The justices who voted in favor of this supported Marxist values

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
She also supported allowing the state to take private property from citizens and turning it over to private developers.

The justices who voted in favor of this supported Marxist values
I personally disagreed with that decision, but it wasn't "Marxism." You forget that eminent domain is in the Constitution. The decision was just a broader reading of it than I would have liked.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If justices like Ginsburg hadn't read whatever the heck she wanted into the Constitution, then we could all rest assured that the other side would at least play by the rules. The Constitution is the set of rules for governance. When activist judges stopped following it they granted themselves unlimited power. Hence, when a judicial appointment opens, both sides know they must stop at nothing to get their pick, because they're fighting for the position of unlimited power.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I personally disagreed with that decision, but it wasn't "Marxism." You forget that eminent domain is in the Constitution. The decision was just a broader reading of it than I would have liked.

It was Marxism to turn the property over to other private individuals by the state.

Ginsberg wrote of why she ruled in favor of the act and her reasons were communistic. She stated that the welfare of the state over the rights of the individual were more important in the case on New London Connecticut.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not a time to argue about possible appointments for replacing her, when it should happen, etc. No, it is time to pray for the Bader and Ginsberg families, her friends, and the eight surviving SCOTUS judges who are grieving this terrible loss of life. RBG was the longest tenured SCOTUS justice. She survived a lot of life-threatening ailments until now, which I consider a fight for America, not just herself. We needed to keep her on the bench as much as she did not want to retire. So please do not look at this tragedy as one more chance for Republicans to get what they want because members of all parties are sad now about an admirable and very smart woman who served this country for decades going to heaven.

Attachments

• 119940480_10157430459176471_3487483055659351879_o.jpg
    119940480_10157430459176471_3487483055659351879_o.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Catholic Piety

Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam
Sep 24, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
✟8,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The senior Justice of the US Supreme Court has died of pancreatic cancer. End of an era. A brilliant legal mind. She will be missed.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg (RBG) died in a state of unrepentant sin. Throughout her career on the supreme court, she staunchly ruled in favor of pro-abortion legislation. Consequently millions of unborn babies were brutally slaughtered in abortions before they could even see the light of day. Even worse, RBG failed to accept Jesus as her savior, whom she desperately needed to get clean of her sins and inherit salvation. For this reason, I will not miss RBG.

Upvote 0