Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever been challenged to rethink your whole way of living? I had the wonderful opportunity to meet and listen to Baroness Cox of the HART foundation - H A R T and I was amazed at how much she is doing throughout the world including here in Timor Leste. It is so easy (even for me) to get consumed by the pressures of society. I live in a developing nation but sometimes I am amazed at what it looks like outside the gates of my compound. It is so easy to get consumed by my own problems and my own struggles. It is so easy to forget that many people are struggling to provide their children with the most basic of education when I am getting paid to teach.

So I was wondering - what can I do? I am currently in the admist of so much need and yet I still am not sure what I can do. I like this foundation because they ask locals what they need. I am not trying to get any sponsorship for it (I am not a sponsor myself) merely trying to sort out my own thoughts. I am just a normal person living an extraordinary life that she is just not sure what she is supposed to do with it. This life has been a gift to me but how do I use it?

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
The Road to Damascus, Virginia U.S.A.
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Have you ever been challenged to rethink your whole way of living? I had the wonderful opportunity to meet and listen to Baroness Cox of the HART foundation - H A R T and I was amazed at how much she is doing throughout the world including here in Timor Leste. It is so easy (even for me) to get consumed by the pressures of society. I live in a developing nation but sometimes I am amazed at what it looks like outside the gates of my compound. It is so easy to get consumed by my own problems and my own struggles. It is so easy to forget that many people are struggling to provide their children with the most basic of education when I am getting paid to teach.

So I was wondering - what can I do? I am currently in the admist of so much need and yet I still am not sure what I can do. I like this foundation because they ask locals what they need. I am not trying to get any sponsorship for it (I am not a sponsor myself) merely trying to sort out my own thoughts. I am just a normal person living an extraordinary life that she is just not sure what she is supposed to do with it. This life has been a gift to me but how do I use it?

It looks to me as if you are already using your life well, teaching underprivileged kids in a third world country.
If you feel the Lord is leading you towards a deeper life, then I will certainly pray that you receive guidance.
God bless you, Evie! :)

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It looks to me as if you are already using your life well, teaching underprivileged kids in a third world country.
If you feel the Lord is leading you towards a deeper life, then I will certainly pray that you receive guidance.
God bless you, Evie! :)

I don't work with underprivileged students here. I work with students who come from a variety of backgrounds but mostly children who are foreigners here whose parents are here to support peace keeping,humanitarian aid, develop business opportunities etc. I know that it is a worthwhile position however, I just want to do a little more to help those in need I see around me each day.

Blessings

Upvote 0