• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Just When I Think Trump Couldn't Be Any Less Presidential

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Hank77, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,781
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Addressing his foreign counterpart, who was on speakerphone, Trump asked Netanyahu: “Do you think Sleepy Joe could have made this deal, Bibi? Sleepy Joe? I think — do you think he would have made this deal somehow? I don’t think so.”

Netanyahu hesitated before offering a halting answer: “Well, Mr. President, one thing I can tell you is we appreciate the help for peace from anyone in America. And we appreciate what you’ve done enormously.”
    Netanyahu dodges Trump’s invitation to slam Biden on conference call

He has a bunch of people and the press in the Oval to annouce that Sudan has agreed to normalize relations with Israel and this is what he thinks is important to say? I don't think he liked the answer he got.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,438
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Bibi has gotten a lot from Trump. Trump has gotten most of Sunnis to get together and work with Israel against Iran and the Shia (and their Hezbollah terrorists). Bibi has to listen to Trump's nonsense. I think that we might understand that Bibi do fine working with Biden.

3. mark46

+3,438
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Could Trump be less presidential. Sure! How about having a rally with thousands of old people all huddled together for hours with no masks?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+2,782
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Ya gotta give Netanyahu credit for being quick on his feet, (though I could hear the subtext of “you, ******, trying to put me on the spot because YOU decided to get all these countries who had no problem with us codify that for whatever the American people have agreed to GIVE them so you could ask me this exact question!

Trump is transactional, if he does you a “good turn” you owe him, big.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 this statement is not true Supporter

+12,717
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Even garden-variety right-wing authoritarians might find Trump cringy? Color me unsurprised.

Actually, Netenyahu is just not putting all his eggs in one basket.. After all, he knows what it's like to have the Sword of Damocles of the electorate hanging over your head.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. mark46

+3,438
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Yes, indeed. That is what makes Bibi's restraint noteworthy.

7. FireDragon76

+12,717
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Trump had little to do with the process to any substantive degree. The Arab states themselves have been secretly working with Israel for years, typically exchanges of intelligence or technology. All that happened was a formality.

8. mark46

+3,438
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Trump has helped out by providing lots of up to date weapons to Arab countries. Also, I do believe that Trump's positions on Iran has helped to provide the Arabs and Israel some assurance that the US was on their side against Iran, and wasn't working on new deals with them.

9. FireDragon76

+12,717
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Perhaps... but then again I think it's a fight the US shouldn't be in, especially as Trump turns a blind eye to the grisly murder of Saudi journalists or the brutal war in Yemen. Seems sort of a cynical thing to do, all to "pwn" Iran. Who exactly is the "peacemaker" here?

10. mark46

+3,438
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I'm not taking sides here, just trying to look at it from the side of the Arabs and Israelis.

From a purely US position, Iran (and their society and culture) is preferable to that of the Saudis (and the Sunni terrorists that they have funded) over the decades.

11. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,609
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Sounds like Bibi is anticipating a Trump loss.

12. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Well-Known Member

+3,113
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    He had a similar hesitation and response when Trump mentioned Gantz at the peace deal, during his election time, at the beginning of this year, prior to the election of the 23rd Knesset. It's what Netanyahu does. You can't read anything into it.

However, what you all get to look forward to is the Lord is using Trump to set up the accord with the 'many' the AC will eventually strenghten. The fourth party was confirmed just today. He's not going away until that is accomplished. Biblically speaking, Biden is hosed. It's not all bad news for your side though. That same AC will preside over a world government, and the nationalist Trump will need to be out of the picture. He'll need to be removed and replaced with someone in the US who will gladly hand us over to that evil one.

13. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+9,182
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    Netanyahu is in a dangerous position. Israel has always been extremely careful not to get too drawn into US domestic politics because they know they need US support regardless of who is in the White House, but Netanyahu has trampled on that since he’s been in power. He took sides and now there’s a real risk of it coming back to bite him.

14. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+4,853
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    I think there's a side to Trump that works against his best interests. I don't like it or condone it when it's at its worst, but it is part of the brashness that got him into the Oval in the first place. It's part of the drive that makes him the hardest working president I'm aware of, ever. And it's part of what has made him a success in so many things. I don't let his rough edges obscure the good he does.

15. HIM

HIM Friend

+109
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Economically our deficit says it all. Our infrastructure has no base of it's own and has been supported by outside resources for years.
    The Civil unrest that is and will be coming will cause a dependency that will gladly be compliant to whatever entity comes.

We as a whole are not a driven self sufficient people. We have been manipulated as a whole into being a depraved society that has their hands out for help rather to help. Instant and self gratification is engraved. It is unselfishly motivated work, time and commitment through God's Spirit that will fix this, fix the unfixable. Without this we are doomed.

16. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+9,182
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    All the reports that have leaked out of the White House describe him as the laziest guy ever to hold the office. Where you get hard working from is a mystery. Unless golf is work now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+16,828
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I can only assume you started following politics in 2017.

18. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+1,227
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Will you abandon your faith if Trump loses?

19. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+7,039
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Sorry, youre turning our national drama into a melodrama here. Its a little over the top.

20. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+7,039
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Meee! All praise to meee, the King Of Israel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.