Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Divorced
I guess it's too deep for me.

Perhaps not as much as you might think.

Somewhere at any given time there is an orthodox month that is praying for all of us. When we are baptized and chrismated into the church we are assigned a guardian angel to watch over us and pray for us throughout our lives. We believe that the saints that have gone before us are alive with Christ right now praying for us and our salvation. We believe that the mother of God is also doing this. And as we struggle we are all joined into the body of Christ in a very real tangible way. In all these ways and more we are never alone again and our perspective is always going to be changed from what the world would tell us that it needs to be.

I think about this subject a lot because I really do think that one of the most pervasive difficulties in our society is isolation loneliness and nihilism. In a world in a society where tradition is abandoned for momentary worldly pleasures and pursuits those that are raised within this society have no conceptualization of their need for spiritual life in their need for a tradition. I personally believe and feel that Orthodoxy is that very fulfillment of that need.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I guess it's too deep for me.

everything in Orthodoxy deepens man’s communion with God. and since God is beyond space and time, our communion deepens with all people regardless of where or when they live(d) when it deepens with Him.

Upvote 0