Just want to share my story

Mouffon

Aug 27, 2010
✟15,112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello ! Before I start, i feel like i should warn you that my English isn't perfect at all, plus i'm typing this from my phone. So please don't pay attentions to mistakes, but ask me if you didn't really understand exactly what i said.

I'm actually 19 and I'm from France. No one in my family is Christian, and i was raised as a Atheist. Yet, about 2-3 years ago, God offered me the opportunity to meet some Christians (i lived one year in America as a exchange student) and i understood how wrong i'd been living. While I was in a Church camp, I was saved with the help of all my friends. It really changed the way i lived, the way i thought,... I had the chance to have a
couple of good friends who helped me through this new experience. Yet, eventually, i had to come back to France, where i didn't (and don't) known any Christians, and where most of my friends have a bad influence on me. For the first couple of months, i kept on reading my Bible every day, and pray to the Lord, but at some point, i stopped it. I still believe in God, but it's hard to read and learn about Him when i've got no one to discuss about it with. So i started to act like a fool again, and to sin even more. Of course, i can always talk to my friends back in America, but you know what it is, it's tough to keep contact for years.

I've questionned myself and my faith a couple of times, and i've those "ups and downs" most Christian know. Yet, i think being part of a community like this one will help me find the "motivation" that i lack today so that i can read the Bible again. I find it very difficult to leave in a "unChristian" environment, even more that i was expected. It's hard to make some decisions about your faith when you've got no one in your family/friend circles to help you.

Anyway, i know this is entirely due to my lazyness and my lack of curiosity. I'm trying to fix habits about my personal time so that it starts to be a reflex to me.
Pretty weirdly, I seem to have trouble praying in French. Whenever i want so share with God, words in my mind are in English. I think it proved that me coming back to France was a hard time, and that my faith hasn't "followed" yet. Sounds weird and confusing to me too.

I just really that i can find that level of faith and believe i had back when i was part of a close christian community. Any advice/opinion about this is highly welcome !

Thanks for reading.

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I had a big long post made and my internet service went out and I lost it.

But I just wanted to say that God is smiling down on you because He sees your heart that wants to serve him.

Just because you have fallen back a little does not mean that you are not still a Child of God - all you need to do is repent of any wrong you have done - the Bible tells us that NO ONE can snatch you out of the hands of Jesus - just put your hand in the hand of Jesus and let the Holy Spirit lead you.

It is hard not having a bunch of Christian friends around you, but just know that you are God's chosen one to light the way for your family to be brought into the Kingdom of God. I know you miss your friends, but the Bible also tells us that Jesus is your Friend and only a heartbeat away - walk with him, talk to him, tell him your needs, you will find He listens to you and you will feel that still small voice leading you.

Just let your family see the Joy of the Lord and let your light shine through and they will want what you have. Here is a web page that will give you some encouragement - Diamonds from Heaven just go and look through it, you will find the presence of the Lord there.

Just come here anytime and talk and tell us your needs - you are not alone, even though there are many miles away - we are here for you.

God's Blessings.

Upvote 0

MyEverything

♥ The Only Soul I Know ♥
Aug 2, 2010
✟8,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm also relatively alone in my faith, but no one is ever truly alone because we have God to be with us and to help us. Even though it may be hard to stay strong in your walk with Christ because you have no one else, God will always be your 'daily bread'. He will always help you to overcome temptation and do what is right and pleasing to Him. Plus, thank God for the internet, because you have all of us here that you can talk to! I'd be happy to talk with you any time. :)

Upvote 0

Debby 24

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2010
Great Britain
✟14,863.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hi Mouffon, I am sorry you have been having such a hard time since returning to France, have you really exausted all avenues to find Christians to share your faith and fellowship with. I am sure the internet could help you find churches that have like minded Christians somewhere in France that you could communicate with and meet up with. even communicating by phone so you are not alone.

If you go on the thread for prayer requests many of us can pray for you to find fellowship where you live, as well as having lovely fellowship here with us. I am quite new myself and love the help and support here.

I will be praying for you to find Christian friends and fellowship where you live.

For now don't forget the Lord is your friend and comforter, and if you trust in him he will not forsake you. Psalms 103 v 1-5 The Lord forgives, heals, redeems, loves,
satisfies, renews.

Wishing you Gods blessings your sister in Christ Debby

Upvote 0

Rick Kirkham

New Relationship
Sep 1, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Visit site
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to admit, I grew up a little rough and thought I could do everything myself, but it really does help me being in a church with fellow Christians.

The fellowship really helps. See if you can find a group or a church with whom you're comfortable.

Rick

Upvote 0

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Father God, I come before you in the name of your son, Jesus on behalf of your boy Mouffon. God, you already know his need before he asks. You already know the working of his heart and mind as he tries to make the pieces click.
He seeks refuge in You, Lord, and in other Christians. He is hoping to find a place to call home where there is peace and where your presence is felt. Give him the desires of his heart so that he can fully serve you. In Jesus Name, I pray.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First of all, Mouffon, I'm so glad to hear that you wish to find a community to be part of. It is a huge step to take and I encourage you to find a church to be a part of. It can be very difficult to visit churches, but don't let it stop you. One must take this step and don't scare yourself out of going, like I almost did.

Orthodox Christian parishes in France you could visit: Eglises et paroisses orthodoxes-à-Paris et en France, à Paris et en Ile de France et par départaments !

Some on-line Orthodox liturgical texts and prayers in French: Online Orthodox Liturgical Texts in French

The Jesus Prayer in French (a good prayer to say at any time): Seigneur Jesus Christ, Fils de Dieu, Aie pitié de moi.

However, if you prefer English, here are some great resources on prayer:
P r a y e r
Let us
Abbreviated Prayerbook

May God continue to guide you to Himself!

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's hard to drop back into another culture when you can't see people, examples for your life.

It's possible you're near a church plant or even an active Gospel church: they should be able to help you look into Scripture and figure out what your life should be like in France. There's a seminary in aix-en-Provence that may help you find out if there's a church near you, under my denomination: the "faculte libre de theologie reformee".

Church plants are more "beggars telling people where to find bread". We're all just trying to spread Christ through the Gospel. They would probably learn as much from your situation as you learn from them.

There are missions to France, I'll have to track down some contacts some more if you'd like that -- PM me for that.I only know a few missionaries personally, in Austria. But my grandparents were missionaries, and considered themselves missionaries to their kids.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mouffon

Aug 27, 2010
✟15,112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for your messages. I think i tend to be too much influenced by the people around me, and this "un-christian" atmosphere around me makes me act differently. I'm more likely to take bad decisions without thinking about them.
I think i came to a point where i read the Bible every day, but i don't apply what i learn to my every-day life. I used to live around friends who would support my choices and share their relations with God. It's not the case any more (but i hope it will be soon) so i need to stay strong and follow Him.

I will soon move to a different city (and quite a big one) so i hope i will find a church. That's my main preoccupation, and i pray for it as much as i can.
But just the fact that i can share on this forum my thoughts about all this makes things easier to me. It's like i'm not alone any more, even though i know He's with me.

Upvote 0