Just Turned 21...

O

Our Echelon

okay, i've been making "prayer requests" on this site for over 3 years now.

NONE of which have been answered...how nice.

i just turned 21 and i have NO LIFE.

i have NEVER known what it's like to have INDEPENDENCE...my dad has stripped it all from me.

i still live with my parents.

i CANNOT for the life of me, get a job. i have NO JOB.

oh i've had "jobs" in the past...crappy jobs...i payed my dues...i need a path now.

i have NEVER had the pleasure of GOOD FRIENDS.

i have NO FRIENDS...not 1 or 2...no...ZERO.

you don't know what that's like.

FOOD, MONEY, it's all WORTHLESS without FRIENDS.

i WANT friends...i WANT a good job...i WANT to be INDEPENDENT...and i am NOT sorry for feeling this way.

i have been hurting for too long now.

why is God SO OPPOSED to answering my prayers?

what have I done that's SOOOOO different from anyone else?

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I hear your pain and frustration; you will be in my prayers.

All things come to pass in the Lord's perfect way and timing; His ways are NOT our ways,

I encourage you to do all you can is seeking those things that will bring independence, and to surrender all your wants and needs to the Lord's Divine Providence for your life.

You did nothing wrong; it is a difficult stage of life that most of us pass through at your age.
The current economy and job market does not help, but with God all things are possible!

Ask the Holy Spirit to illumine and guide you as you discern what to do.
Spend time with the Lord daily; sustaining yourself with Holy Scripture and fellowship.

Keep the faith; this too shall pass! :pray:

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you †
[FONT=bookman old style, new york, times, serif]Gail [/FONT]

Upvote 0

hypostatic

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 4, 2005
Toronto
✟48,727.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Praying for you. But have you ever considered going to college? With no job and not being in school, where else would one make friends!? How about church? Do you attend youth group or even Sunday services? That might be one place to look for a group of like-minded people. And about the job, the reality is that without at least an undergraduate degree, you'll be hard-pressed to find a job you'll be happy with for the rest of your life. PM me if you want to talk! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Upvote 0
O

Our Echelon

About college...the soonest I could begin is in January.

Though, I don't know where I'm going with that.

I NEVER had any desire to go to college before graduating from Highschool...and I don't have one now.

I just want friends, a job, to move out of my parents house, AND to be treated with respect.

Why did God not guide me?

My days are EXTREMELY uneventful...i can hardly breathe, the boredom and lack of life is just so god awfully overwhelming.

Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟69,774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am praying for you, Echelon.

May I suggest? Sometimes the best way to get something is to take small steps toward it. Here are three suggestions.

Get a job, any job, even if it means you are flipping burgers. Work with an excellent spirit, build up a good reputation for trustworthiness and good work. Then use that reputation to get your next job.

Trust is built. Try to think of ways to build trust with your parents. What are some things you could do for them? I mean, do for them for free, since you are living with them. Mow the lawn? Run the vacuum? Find something you can do for them, and then do it regularly. Become the one they can depend on to get things done.

Last--but this should be first. Take you Bible. Turn to the book of John and begin reading until you feel like God has spoken something to you. Stop reading and start praying. Then go do whatever He has layed on your heart.

Don't read to read. Read to pray--and do.

Echelon, I am praying for you. Depression freezes people, but you can overcome depression by moving and taking steps against it. Here are three steps. Let me know how these are working for you.

:hug:

Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

chosenpath

Senior Veteran
Sep 29, 2008
Florida
✟11,367.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Echelon,

God has answered the most important prayer of all. You just turned 21 and you do have life praise the Lord. What you choose to do with the life he has given you is unlimited. Depend on God and n all that you do and give him glory. Think of it as a blank canvas. God is the painter and you are the colors waiting to be vibrantly turned into a masterpiece.

Praying God grants you possibilities beyond what you can see right now. I know he's working out a wonderful plan for you. Don't cease praying. Through Jesus Christ. Amen!!!

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Happy 21st.
I have read to have a friend is to be a friend.

Father God, may this one show himself friendly to all who needs, Help him to count his blessings for the care his parents are still giving. Lead him to a good job, with good pay in an area You feel he will do best in, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elshevia

Feb 29, 2008
England
✟9,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Dear Our Echelon, why are you so angry, you are free and 21, and can go where you like, go to the children's ward in any cancer Hospital, they do not demand, God does not give in to, I want, and I want it Now, so your fed up, so what, you have no friends, so what, Make Jesus your best friend, you will not need any other, give instead of demanding, give , and give again, and again, Pray without asking for anything, Praise Him without demanding, then perhaps He may listen to you,
God is and always will be, with you, this is not what you would like to hear, but it comes to you with the love of Jesus, He died for you as well as me, try it, it does work. Elshevia.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
why is God SO OPPOSED to answering my prayers?

what have I done that's SOOOOO different from anyone else?

Try this, if you really are 21 and not 5.

Find someone who is worse off than you are, if you can. Then pray as hard as you can, for as long as you can, for God to help them.

Then ask him how he wants you to do it.

Then go do it.

In this way, you will see God answer prayer.

Repeat as necessary. If God does not heal your self pity, then you have not found the right people to help. Go lower down the social scale, to those who really have nothing, rather than just thinking they have nothing, and throwing tantrums.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
i am LONG PAST TIRED of being on the computer.

Find the manual. Find how to work the 'off' switch. If you have lost the manual, pull the plug out of the wall.

Then get out of the house, and don't return until you have found out what real poverty and real hardship is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Remny

Prayer Bear
Apr 29, 2002
Vancouver Wa
Visit site
✟8,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
He he wants friends, let him come forth and be Friendly!

Trust in God for your needs and have faith to not fear the future.

God wants you to have friends and be a more responcible person. Keep praying and look for the opportunities God sends you. I'm praying for you as well.

Upvote 0
O

Our Echelon

Find the manual. Find how to work the 'off' switch. If you have lost the manual, pull the plug out of the wall.

Then get out of the house, and don't return until you have found out what real poverty and real hardship is.

okay?

why are you randomly spamming my thread with half witted sarcastic comments?

i did NOT make this thread so people would come along with a 'Holier Than Thou' attitude
and tell me "how bad the world is"...so redundant.

this is a PRAYER REQUEST, not a debate thread...what don't you understand about this?

you angry little keyboard warrior you...don't do this again or i'm taking it to the Moderators.

to all of you who DID pray, thank you...simply keep praying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I hear your pain and frustration; you will be in my prayers.

All things come to pass in the Lord's perfect way and timing; His ways are NOT our ways,

I encourage you to do all you can is seeking those things that will bring independence, and to surrender all your wants and needs to the Lord's Divine Providence for your life.

You did nothing wrong; it is a difficult stage of life that most of us pass through at your age.
The current economy and job market does not help, but with God all things are possible!

Ask the Holy Spirit to illumine and guide you as you discern what to do.
Spend time with the Lord daily; sustaining yourself with Holy Scripture and fellowship.

Keep the faith; this too shall pass! :pray:

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you †
[FONT=bookman old style, new york, times, serif]Gail [/FONT]

Praying in agreement with this loving prayer. In Jesus name I pray that THY perfect will is done. Thank you for joining us in prayer for it means you are already working on this. All glory, and praise to you, Amen!!

Upvote 0