small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just how intelligent is US intelligence?

UK police have stopped sharing information about the Manchester terrorist attack with the US, following a series of leaks to media outlets, it has been reported.

Greater Manchester Police will no longer share security information about the attack and investigation. Citing unidentified sources, the BBC reports UK officials are outraged, while the police are “furious” with the US leaking to the press.
Prime Minister Theresa May was due to chair a meeting of Cobra, the government's emergency response committee, on Thursday morning, a spokesman for her office said, according to Reuters. Later on Thursday, May will reportedly raise the issue of the leaks with US President Donald Trump at a NATO meeting in Brussels.
The UK’s National Police Chiefs’ Council slammed the “unauthorised disclosure” and said it was a breach of trust that undermines a “major counter-terrorism investigation.”

UK ‘furious’ over US leaks to media, ends intel sharing – reports

What were they thinking? Apparently it is not just the President who can't keep his mouth shut concerning critical intelligence in an ongoing investigation.

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you know about it and the press knows about it and ISIS knows about it, you can bet we're all supposed to know about it. The question becomes, are we intelligent enough to know when we're being played in the grand scheme of things?
My rule of thumb is, no matter what the press and/or intelligence community says about an incident, I wasn't there, so I know nothing. An added bonus is that it saves me from being played and I can move on to other things about which I can know. :)

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
My rule of thumb is, no matter what the press and/or intelligence community says about an incident, I wasn't there, so I know nothing. An added bonus is that it saves me from being played and I can move on to other things about which I can know. :)

Given that the vast majority of the earth's population will never participate in space travel, none of us will ever possess the first-hand knowledge that the earth is a sphere and not flat!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0