✟22,847.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
simchat_torah said:
Actually, you're quite wrong Charles. Simchat_Torah had not been banned. I converted to Judaism, and in order to not cause others to "stumble" and question their faith, I changed accounts. In fact, I did so with full knowledge of the moderators. I had pm'ed Justin (who was the head mod at the time) and told him I was changing accounts. I then stopped using simchat_torah entirely.

Yes, someone on the forums figured out it was me and thought I was pulling a fast one. This, of course, caused a bit of ruckus until it was explained that I was changing accounts as I had converted to Judaism, and subsequently was changing my icon.

It had nothing to do with my DNS, lol. In fact, most users at the time were on dialup and had dozens of IP's associated with their accounts. Because of dial-up, many users even shared the same IP. This is why you can't ban a user via IP.

Nice try though Charles.

This is a flat-out lie on all accounts. First, this happened during the 4 months in 2004 when I was off staff. Second, simchat_torah was banned at the time.

http://www.christianforums.com/t967527-deception-within-the-mj-forum.html

It is with great regret that I must approach the MJ forum with some news. Recently, we have had the addition of a member named "Rabbi Klein" whom many of you were starting to look up to and interact with. "Rabbi Klein" is in fact, "Simchat_Torah". Simchat_Torah created the Rabbi Klein account and posed as a Rabbi. He deceived all of us and the severity of his actions is severe. Rabbi Klein has been banned from Christian Forums.

To deceive people, the consequences are damaging. Any trust, confidence and relationship you have created with "Rabbi Klein" was based off of his deception. Not only is he not a Rabbi, but he deceived you all in his replies to you by acting/posing as an authority in areas which he is not.

This thread is an announcement to you. You have the right to know when you have been deceived. It greatly hurts my heart and I pray that you will consider showing grace by praying for him and not resorting to unbiblical behavior. This thread is a closed thread because I want there to be no public interaction or ill-speaking about him.

If you have questions, you may contact me. Please do not contact Henaynie or Nehemiah_Center, I will be the spokesperson for this situation. I am always glad to answer questions and help.

You may feel angry, hurt and untrusting. These are normal emotions from all of us, including staff, at this time.

Thank you for your understanding and may we never be deceived int he same manner again.

In Yeshua HaMoshiach,
You, my friend, have so little respect for this forum that you cannot be honest about one thing that has happened in the past here. If you can do that with a clear conscience, go right ahead, but DO NOT invoke my name as one who'll defend you!

Last edited by a moderator:

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
insaneinthebrain's account was Justin Husely at the time, and yes... I did tell him about the sock I created. He was fully aware.

why he wants to change facts post-haste I can only assume because he doesn't want to incur ramifications from friends and other mods at the time.

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And yes, I did have a 2 week ban, which the sock accoun I created was not used until after the ban was lifted. As I had gone through conversion at the time, I decided to CHANGE accounts, do away with simchat_torah if you will.
The account simchat_torah was not used until a "smart" poster here realized that the new account was in fact me. So I reverted back... I didn't want to cause anyone to stumble as I had chosen to give up MJ'ism.

This is all documented elsewhere on CF, openy I might add.

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not only did I know, I outed you as dodging a ban
No you didn't, Henaynei did.

In fact, you knew for weeks... and even after the thread came out that I was in fact simchat_torah, you still kept quiet. I didn't "rat" on you to the other mods because you would have gotten in quite deep trouble for having known and not told them.

I quietly took all the heat without mentioning your name, even though I had reported to you the change (though no one needs to report changes anyway). Yet, you come back to attempt to scorn me.

Yeah, your friendship was useless the day it started ,you always looked out for #1.

Upvote 0
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
✟22,847.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
And yes, I did have a 2 week ban, which the sock accoun I created was not used until after the ban was lifted. As I had gone through conversion at the time, I decided to CHANGE accounts, do away with simchat_torah if you will.
The account simchat_torah was not used until a "smart" poster here realized that the new account was in fact me. So I reverted back... I didn't want to cause anyone to stumble as I had chosen to give up MJ'ism.

This is all documented elsewhere on CF, openy I might add.
Rabbi Klein showed up during your ban, causing it to be extended. CF has no rule against sock accounts, so P4I would've had no leg to stand on banning "Rabbi Klein" if what you say is true.

You say it's documented, post a link.

Upvote 0
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
✟22,847.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
No you didn't, Henaynei did.[/B][/FONT]

In fact, you knew for weeks... and even after the thread came out that I was in fact simchat_torah, you still kept quiet. I didn't "rat" on you to the other mods because you would have gotten in quite deep trouble for having known and not told them.

I quietly took all the heat without mentioning your name, even though I had reported to you the change (though no one needs to report changes anyway). Yet, you come back to attempt to scorn me.

Yeah, your friendship was useless the day it started ,you always looked out for #1.
I kept it to myself, but I told P4I it was you. There is no rule against not outing a sock, so I had nothing to gain or lose in either direction.

Upvote 0
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
✟22,847.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
If anyone has access to the old MJ staff team thread circa September 2004, it's all there; P4I posting the proof I sent, P_G doing the background searches on IPs and emails, and the discussion of how to handle the situation.

Face it, you think so little of the people here that you don't care how you treat them, right down to whether or not they deserve honest answers from you. You're a liar and a deceiver, and I'm done with you.

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I kept it to myself, but I told P4I it was you.
I know for a fact you didn't. I even asked her directly if anyone had mentioned who the other account belonged to in an aim conversation, she said no. I checked in other ways, ways I won't let everyone here be privvy to... but suffice it to say, you said nothing to even the mods. Even though you knew for weeks, you said nothing.

It was Henaynei who figured it out.

But, I don't really care. And why you do is beyond me, other than saving your own hide now post-facto.

So, please, continue rebutting whatever you want.

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Face it, you think so little of the people here that you don't care how you treat them, right down to whether or not they deserve honest answers from you. You're a liar and a deceiver, and I'm done with you.
Whatever, goodbye.

Your friendship was fake all along anyway. I'm at no loss. You burned Hix, myself, MD, and countless others behind our backs its not even worth pursuing your friendship. I tried for awhile, but your continuing to doublecross people all the time got so old.

You left this forum anyway, remember?

bye

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
I will vouch for everything IITB has said, I have read the reports myself . Simcha Torah was indeed posing as a Rabbi. If I remember correctly P_G found that the 'Rabbi's' account was coming from the same institution that ST worked at, a university I believe in Illinois? . He first lied to Pray4Israel telling her that Rabbi Kelin was a friend of his and worked at the same place when confronted by this. It wasn't until after this that ST admitted to Justin on an IM that he was indeed the infamous Rabbi. Justin very quickly and openly passed this info on to Pray, and she posted the IM conversation in the MJ forum staff thread, that Justin had passed on to her. If I remember correctly Justin was thoroughly discussed by this whole fiasco. ST thought he was cute doing this, and when it seemed the jig was up he laughed about it to Justin, even laughing that it took awhile to catch him.

This had nothing to do with conversion, as I believe the ST account was also being used at the time. But that can't be proved now as the 'Rabbi Klein' account was banned and all posts disappeared.

ST you hurt a lot of people back then and some are still around to remember. You can't be trusted and you are only here to stir up trouble.

Justin, thank you for coming forward with this, I was wanting to, after all this was said about torah grandma ( who isn't HT Btw, but an old friend)

[COLOR=black said:
Simchat_Torah[/color]]No, it can't. That's how I can tell it is you no matter what account you're posting from Higher Truth. No matter how many lies you tell, I always know its you (just like when you posted from "torahgrandma" last time, claiming "someone pm'ed you" and told you simchat_torah was a disciple of James Trimm. A bold faced lie, no one pm'ed you, you're simply higher_Truth posting from another sock account). I mean, the list of lies are longer than my arm.

[COLOR=black said:
Simchat_Torah[/color]] Leopards can't change their spots, and Higher_Truth can't do anything but post redundant (And banned) websites. Nor can he justify any of his arguments without lying.

He has enough faith to question his own beliefs, more than I can say for most others I know. And definately more than I can say for somoene who uses lies and fake accounts to justify their arguments.

[COLOR=black said:
Simchat_Torah[/color]]It was always so funny to see him get twisted up in some lie. It was always too easy to catch him too. Then he would create account after account claiming to be someone else... but it was always him. He'd get hoppin mad about getting caught by the admins and would start ranting threads, publically breaking rules, etc. Hahahaha, but nothing was more fun then trouncing him over and over in theological debates. Now, normally I enjoy a good theology debate to discuss and reason... to get to the bottom of the heart of a matter. But with him, it was just pure entertainment.

nothing more.

Maybe the good ole days are comin back, eh?

[COLOR=black said:
Simchat_Torah[/color]]Actually, yeah... she was.

But you're no bubbe. You're a grown man who whined to no end when he got banned here. Now you're a full grown man pretending to be a bubbe.

My bubbe deserves respect, unlike you. My bubbe isn't a liar, unlike you.

Any other personal inquiries into my background? It is an open book after all. My full story and background has been told a dozen times on this forum. I'm not the one claiming to be something I'm not

Yes, Charles memory is not failing him.

[COLOR=black said:
Simchat_Torah[/color]]
Charles YTK said:
What is funny about all this is that at one point a few years ago Yafet got himself banned for a while on C.F. and then started posting in a sock account as "Rabbi something or other" (Had a characature of a Rabbi in front of the Mogen David for an Icon) until Admit chased down the DNS info and shut that one off. He was passing himself off as a Rabbi interested in the Messianic faith but continually presented his arguements against faith in Yeshua. Nothing dishonest in that I guess.
Actually, you're quite wrong Charles. Simchat_Torah had not been banned. I converted to Judaism, and in order to not cause others to "stumble" and question their faith, I changed accounts. In fact, I did so with full knowledge of the moderators. I had pm'ed Justin (who was the head mod at the time, Pray4Isrel was on a missionary trip) and told him I was changing accounts. I then stopped using simchat_torah entirely.

Yes, someone on the forums figured out it was me and thought I was pulling a fast one. This, of course, caused a bit of ruckus until it was explained that I was changing accounts as I had converted to Judaism, and subsequently was changing my icon.

It had nothing to do with my DNS, lol. In fact, most users at the time were on dialup and had dozens of IP's associated with their accounts. Because of dial-up, many users even shared the same IP. This is why you can't ban a user via IP.

Nice try though Charles.
'

Be careful what you say, it may come back to haunt you.

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not that it matters, but you couldn't be more wrong. The other account was a permanent switch for me.

And... No, I didn't laugh about it, that's just silly.

It wasn't until after this that ST admitted to Justin on an IM that he was indeed the infamous Rabbi
That too is wrong, I told Justin before I even made the account. I even asked him if I should continue posting as ST or change to the new account. His advice? Because I was converting, and many here (in Justin's words) "looked up to me", it would be best to change accounts.

Shortly afterwords, Justin got in hot trouble with posting sensitive information on another website and changed his account to insaneninthebrain. Not that this matters, but accounts changing wasn't even an issue then. Nor is it now.

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The difference is, Zayit, that you quote HT as if he was a regular poster and I'm some forum troll. As if my years of prior contributions to this forum and friendships built up have no value. As if HT's constant trolling and no interest in forming friendships is of high esteem in your eyes.

As if there's any equal between the two of us, despite what your recollection or Justin's recollection is regarding the events leading up to my formation of a second account.

You post as if they are the same thing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.