Brisbane
✟19,181.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, I didn't know where to post this but I have finally left the LDS church, I read the New Testament all the way through and I knew it wasn't the true church by the time I'd finished Luke. I've lost everyone, my friends, most of my family, I'm lucky my marriage is holding together (for now at least). I was a life long member of the LDS faith. I feel so broken right now. I have Jesus now, but I've lost everything else.

ConnorSneddon

Mar 27, 2018
West Lothian
✟24,295.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Luke 14:33 "So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple."

I would rather have Jesus Christ than the love and respect of every man, women and animal on earth.

I can be very sure Jesus smiles upon you for the sacrifices you have made for him.

God Be With You

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, I didn't know where to post this but I have finally left the LDS church, I read the New Testament all the way through and I knew it wasn't the true church by the time I'd finished Luke. I've lost everyone, my friends, most of my family, I'm lucky my marriage is holding together (for now at least). I was a life long member of the LDS faith. I feel so broken right now. I have Jesus now, but I've lost everything else.

As you move forward on your search for the truth and a deeper relationship with Christ, I would suggest you go all the way back to the beginning of Christianity. The closer to the source, the purer the stream, you know. Google the writings of the Early Fathers of Christianity. For instance, "The Early Fathers on baptism" or "The Early Fathers on the Church" and read what the first Christians taught and believed.

I feel for you. I was in a cult for a number of years and leaving was difficult.

• Informative
Reactions: LDSsurvivor
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As you move forward on your search for the truth and a deeper relationship with Christ, I would suggest you go all the way back to the beginning of Christianity.

I have to agree with Light of the East on that advice.

You have definitely posted in the right forum, LDSsurvivor, and it was surely not without personal pain that you came to your decision.

• Agree
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to the vineyard at the eleventh hour. It is good to meet a fellow laborer.

May the Lord protect and guide you, friend. Remember our Savior's words to His holy disciples on the eve of His departure to the Father (John 16:31-33):

“Do you now believe? Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Tribulation will come, but rejoice -- Jesus Christ our Lord has overcome the world, and in Him we have peace. Perfect peace.

May God be with you as you continue to grow in love and knowledge of the Lord and the faith. Remember to ask and seek, so that the door will be opened to you. From what I know of Mormonism's practices, they keep their doors closed to their most sacred rites in their temples (which are only accessible to 'temple-worthy' Mormons with a temple recommend), and will not discuss them with outsiders. Thanks be to God, Christianity is not like this at all, as we both openly discuss sacred matters and share the reason for our hope with others.

Following that, here I will share a prayer in English from my own Coptic Orthodox (Egyptian) Christian tradition, from the deserts were Christian monasticism was born. As a church, we pray this prayer in the midnight praises for Sunday night (when the monks and pilgrims gather for their prayer vigils late at night and early into the morning), but we can and do pray it as well whenever we need help and guidance and protection from God. I pray that its words resonate with you in times of trouble and need.

Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not that it it's any of my business but what started you on this path?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you dear sister. Please come over to the prayer wall soon so we can all add you to our prayers.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Congratulations! God bless you! We know it is a hard decision. Phoebe Ann also left after a lifetime in it. She may notice your post. Hang in there, we've had many discussions here with Mormons. Keep reading your bible-- it really is the true word of God, there is no substitute. It is worth loosing all for Him. Don't worry, no matter who leaves your side, God will be with you and all of heaven is rejoicing right now.

Num_23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

And He never was a man--

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes you should meet @Phoebe Ann a former Mormon.

Now that your profile identifies as Christian you can post in all the Christian areas of the site. @Truthfrees can be helpful in getting you started.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
praying for you my dear friend

also praying for your family - praying they will see the truth for themselves and start a wonderful relationship with Jesus

as a christian you can post in the christian only sections to talk with only christians

if you want to talk to mormons about your new faith in Jesus you can post in this section - mormons can't post in christian only sections here

if you have any questions or need any help let me know

God Bless you dear friend

prayers and blessing in Christ

Upvote 0

JesusIsLord_

Oct 31, 2017
✟19,210.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"I have Jesus now, but I've lost everything else"

And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. — Mathew 19:29 (NIV)

Upvote 0

LDSsurvivor

Mar 28, 2018
Brisbane
✟19,181.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not that it it's any of my business but what started you on this path?
It was someone said to me about the history of the church, so I started looking into LDS history, what a mess it is! Then I decided to read the bible, that did it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Not a Mormon but was born and have lived most of my life in Utah. So I’ve seen this scenario played out many times. Its good to find a good supportive church to strengthen your resolve and help you through the tough times. Here many churches have transitional classes to help deal with ‘all’ of the dynamics you will typically face.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hugs! Welcome, LDSsurvivor!!!! You aren't as alone as it seems when you first leave. I thought way back then that very few people had gone through what I did. What a surprise! My hubby and I were invited to dinner, and while the wife was still in the kitchen, the husband put on a Mormon Tabernacle choir record (before CDs). I confessed and he said that his wife was also an ex-Mormon. :heart:

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
As you move forward on your search for the truth and a deeper relationship with Christ, I would suggest you go all the way back to the beginning of Christianity. The closer to the source, the purer the stream, you know. Google the writings of the Early Fathers of Christianity. For instance, "The Early Fathers on baptism" or "The Early Fathers on the Church" and read what the first Christians taught and believed.

I feel for you. I was in a cult for a number of years and leaving was difficult.

For Protestants, God's word is a sufficient guide. :)

2 Timothy 3
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Bible Avatar.gif

Upvote 0