Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had no idea what it was. Felt like the back of the house was sinking and the windows started popping. Heard things falling off the roof. My dogs started going crazy... I thought it was something from the airbase. Definitely a first for me. I’m in the heartland. Definitely not expected and very disorienting if you are not familiar with them.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I had no idea what it was. Felt like the back of the house was sinking and the windows started popping. Heard things falling off the roof. My dogs started going crazy... I thought it was something from the airbase. Definitely a first for me. I’m in the heartland. Definitely not expected and very disorienting if you are not familiar with them.
Time 2021-06-17 14:18:02 (UTC-05:00)
Location 39.832°N 87.288°W
Depth 7.7 km

I remember the little one and the not so little one I lived through in St. Louis. The little one I asked my friends who said they felt nothing. Later it was confirmed on the radio. I could just as easily have missed it. The bigger one a few years later and I awoke realizing I was standing on my bed. I was freaked. Awfully close to the New Madrid fault, the site of the biggest US earthquake ever in recorded history. I like my ground to be Canadian Shield stuff, with zero earthquakes.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That sounds like an overwhelming event that just happened in your life, @Michie. There wasn't no damage to you or your family or animals hurt was there?
No. There was no damage to property or loved ones, man or beast but it was still a bit confusing. I had no idea what was going on...a bit disorienting. Just very stange. I need to read up in what this new fault-line everyone is taking about.

• Informative
Reactions: GallagherM
Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, yes please stay safe out there. My mother told me about when she felt a earthquake here in Alabama one morning when she was cleaning an account that she had to service that night. She said the grounded just started moving; it was light but it was very weird, Michie.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

It's a surreal thing isn't it? I was only two when Loma Prieta hit (and I lived about 120 miles from where it happened) so I don't remember it—my parents remember feeling it but I wouldn't have. We did have a 5.7 hit about 50 miles east of us in 2011. This one was an odd rolling sensation, I could feel the building flexing but it was brand new so it was built for it. The scarier part was knowing the epicenter was near Lassen Peak, a dormant volcano...since quakes can be precursors to eruptions everyone was kind of on edge.

Did any property get damaged in the quake or was it mostly just stuff tipping over? I wouldn't expect one either just about anywhere east of the Rockies, there aren't a lot of active fault lines around here so it's not very likely.

• Informative
Reactions: GallagherM
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums