Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to have been oppressed in the same way on order to offer any help, but we keep saying those people are insane (or we never have time for them) so there is never really a representative from that type of battle in the church.

Consider how much of an issue it would be to have a minister that has dealt with alleged psychological disorders (but has gained victory).

People also don't [want to] have the patience to "deal" with those types of problems... So those people are just lost in the fog of war.

I am one...

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Years back I supported a Christian Psychiatrist who published a paper on this issue and was deregistered as a result.

She has since been reinstated and is prominent in practice.

If we want to get some serious dialogue going I may be able to contact her for input but I am unsure if such matters are allowed to be discussed on this forum.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes a Psychiatrist friend of mine has concluded the same thing.
He has just given up on the profession and is in training for Christian counselling.

This has been clear to me for years, in fact another Psychiatrist asked me to pray for a client as she had reached the end of her resources.

It is tragic that the church has abdicated its responsibility to minister in this area.
Does the human body need food ? Does the human mind need nutritious food ?

How did Daniel , as written, and the men with him, become wiser than others , as written ?

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Do you want to start a thread on food and wisdom?
Well, there is precedence for it. A whole book inspired by the Creator, breathed by Him, that tells His thoughts concerning true wisdom, and how diet related to wisdom often. (and obedience of His people)

Do you think people can stomach it ? .... It may indeed be sweet at first, but then later sour ! :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 14 comes to mind...

However in this age I think it is common sense to eat wisely given that the multinational food giants don't care about individual health.

We have minimum meat intake and I abstain from coffee and tea.

As we are all different we have to get the word on what is right for us and don't judge others...

• Informative
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Romans 14 comes to mind...

However in this age I think it is common sense to eat wisely given that the multinational food giants don't care about individual health.

We have minimum meat intake and I abstain from coffee and tea.

As we are all different we have to get the word on what is right for us and don't judge others...
? why bring up don't judge others ?
In the assembly of Ekklesia, what is written about judging ?

Outside the assembly, Yahweh judges.

If deciding whether to run a red light, who decides (judges) if it is red or not, and whether to run it or not, or whether to turn right on red or not ?

Who is going to judge angels ?

etc etc etc

• Agree
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
? why bring up don't judge others ?
In the assembly of Ekklesia, what is written about judging ?

Outside the assembly, Yahweh judges.

If deciding whether to run a red light, who decides (judges) if it is red or not, and whether to run it or not, or whether to turn right on red or not ?

Who is going to judge angels ?

etc etc etc

Because it is mentioned in Romans 14...

1Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. 2One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. 3The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Because it is mentioned in Romans 14...

1Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. 2One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. 3The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
Yet also, what kind of JUDGMENT is required IN the BODY (assembly of Ekklesia),
as DIRECTED BY Yahweh,
as WRITTEN in HIS WORD.

Not condemnatory judgment, no - that is correct.
But purifying judgment, cleansing judgment, disciplinary judgment, corrective and preventative and restrictive judgment... (paraphrased... various judgment required for obedience, for life, for purity, for holiness, for the body of believers) ....

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i know that demons love possessing mental ill people because they are easy targets with their sick minds you can make a mental ill person believe anything if you pester them long enough with your lies. As a mental ill person i have had it many times that i was full of evil spirits after i had a psychosis but the truth of God's love would always rescue me again and His love would cast them all out. However with the demons gone my mental illness would still stay and i still need medication to stop myself from going psychotic.

So i reckon mental ill people are more prone to demonic attack for when their minds go ill they can not differentiate between truth and lies at times, which leaves them wide open to attack, but mental illness is not caused by demonic activity, just as much as diabetes isn't caused by demons. Mental illness more often than not is just that an illness of the mind.

Having taken a journey out of such a place personally I disagree. I know of few who have survived what I did and journeyed out completely healed. This would have been impossible without dealing with the spiritual.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This would have been impossible without dealing with the spiritual.

i know the spiritual side is of utmost importance, yet a mental illness is not just spiritual, for spiritually i'm in His Peace, but physically i still battle with mental illness every day.

i'm really glad God healed you but please don't assume your way is every bodies way. God takes us all along different routes into His Kingdom.

As a matter of fact i have seen well meaning pastors forbid mentally ill people their medicine and witnessed much destruction. That is what you get when you force God's hand. He might heal me in the future, i hope so, but spiritual understanding and peace is also worth a lot in the battle against the flesh, satan and this world. With the medicine working i praise and Glory to His Name, all is well with my soul. Thanks to Jesus Christ.

Peace.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never suggested anyone cease medication.

I hate brothers and sisters being bound for life - that is not God's way.

It is not just a matter of dealing with the spiritual source of the voices, Jesus heals our minds over time as well. I just want to testify that we can be completely free. That was more than 35 years ago. Because I have the faith from my release I am in a position to assist others struggling with what I had.

The church has sadly largely abdicated it's responsibility in this area.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
he church has sadly largely abdicated it's responsibility in this area.

So true. Overall The Churches have no heart. Most of my brothers and sisters in Church are scared of me and talk past me to my wife instead. Even when they ask me how you are going they don't listen to your answer, it was just a question they felt they had to ask. You feel really stupid when you answer them for they might begin to talk to someone else while you are trying to explain how miserable life has been. Real slap in the face kind of stuff.

i'm really happy for you that Jesus healed you. He has come along way with me as well. At least i'm sane again, there were times i didn't even realise the difference between true and untrue and right and wrong, all these things Jesus has rebuild in me and i'm forever thankful. i know who the wicked are now and i know Jesus was right to overcome them for us and in us.

i think some people differ to others in progress when we are dealing with illness or handicap. Our Daughter Sam believes and trusts in Jesus 100 hundred percent, she has down syndrome, and no matter how much she believes in Jesus she has down syndrome. That is how Jesus explained it to me when i asked Him to heal me. He told me i have made you as you were supposed to be, for my glory and my honour.

i didn't understand anything of what He told me that day but i'm beginning to understand and i like it. For even deepest depression brings me His good life now, wherever i go mood wise He guides and leads me, why should i any longer be afraid of anything? My life has value in Him. i can witness to others about His goodness. i like doing that. i love Jesus more than my life. He rescued me from the wicked and set me free from my sins and gave me a new life in and with Him. It looks like He did the same for you.

Lets praise His Name together for He surely deserves it.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I totally agree, for me when I seek God with my whole heart I see and hear supernatural manifestations. For example I will walk in a store. Someone I don't know will say we don't want you here. Sometimes people will walk up to me and tell me their darkest secret and I have never seen them before. Is this demonic oppression?
Something must have driven them to seek you out and tell you something that wouldn't be for everyone. Sometimes God tells them to. They maybe oppressed, possessed, or prayerfully seeking help. I would prayer for them right then and there. It will either drive the demons crazy and/or it will help heal the spiritual and physical problem.

• Agree
Upvote 0