• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Just about had it...

Kyle W

Oct 2, 2020
Midland
✟16,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am still experiencing the absence of God in my life. I have been a believer for a long time (20+ years). Since about a month ago, I feel disconnected from him.

I am hoping that I did not commit the sin that leads to death. If so, then he's done with me.

My head constantly hurts from my insomnia and I can never fall asleep at night anymore. My arms hurt and my legs hurt from lack of rest. My chest is sore. I am emotionless and have apathy. And the meds that I'm taking are not making things any better.

Lately, I have started to become suicidal. If God is done with me, then he is not looking out for my good anymore. I hope that I am wrong about this.

I have been blessed with all of his blessings since I was born. He was always looking out for me through school, college, and even getting a job. Having served him for so long, why would he suddenly leave now? I was a wellspring of emotion before this incident and I feel like that well is all dried up now.

I need a miracle. If God is still looking out for me, he will grant it. Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to continue.

And yes. I know that prayer works. Having been faithful for so many years, I've seen a lot of God's work done through prayer.

So yeah. I'm just about done. I don't want to give up quite yet though...

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
When it is depression related, disconnection from God comes from the surge of impulses that are not of faith or trust. Since we connect to God through faith and trust, this is usually reason for this symptom.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I am still experiencing the absence of God in my life. I have been a believer for a long time (20+ years). Since about a month ago, I feel disconnected from him.

I am hoping that I did not commit the sin that leads to death. If so, then he's done with me.

My head constantly hurts from my insomnia and I can never fall asleep at night anymore. My arms hurt and my legs hurt from lack of rest. My chest is sore. I am emotionless and have apathy. And the meds that I'm taking are not making things any better.

Lately, I have started to become suicidal. If God is done with me, then he is not looking out for my good anymore. I hope that I am wrong about this.

I have been blessed with all of his blessings since I was born. He was always looking out for me through school, college, and even getting a job. Having served him for so long, why would he suddenly leave now? I was a wellspring of emotion before this incident and I feel like that well is all dried up now.

I need a miracle. If God is still looking out for me, he will grant it. Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to continue.

And yes. I know that prayer works. Having been faithful for so many years, I've seen a lot of God's work done through prayer.

Sometimes we need to go entirely by faith and not by feelings. For example, God said that He would never leave us or forsake us. I looked in up in the Greek. Never means... wait for it.... never. So God has not left you. If you have confessed known sin and you do not hold onto unforgiveness, then God has no issue with you. I think you've answered your own question. "I was a wellspring of emotion". Yeah, well emotion is as reliable as a two bob watch. God wants us to live by principle, not by feelings.
Isaiah 50
10Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the voice of His Servant? Who among you walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD; let him lean on his God.11Behold, all you who kindle a fire, who array yourselves with firebrands, walk in the light of your fire and of the firebrands you have lit! This is what you will receive from My hand: You will lie down in a place of torment.…

Some 30 years ago, I had 6 months of chronic insomnia. I'd talked myself (with help from the devil) into a false hope and expectation. I knew better. I knew that God's will is revealed through peace of heart. I had no peace. So I wrestled for 6 months, let go of the false hope and slept properly immediately. God is never the source of our problem and is always the answer.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes God withdraws His loving presence in order to try our faith. It happens. God puts our faith in the furnace of affliction to make us less reliant on ourselves, our emotions and to make Jesus more precious and desirable. Please do not think about self harm as that is the enemy trying to gain ground when we are in a period of weakness. Blessings upon you, my friend.

Upvote 0

Kyle W

Oct 2, 2020
Midland
✟16,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When it is depression related, disconnection from God comes from the surge of impulses that are not of faith or trust. Since we connect to God through faith and trust, this is usually reason for this symptom.

This makes a lot of sense. I may need to pray for renewal of faithfulness and trust. Having been attacked by the enemy for a month, this will take some time. Would definitely want some prayer on this.

Please make an appointment with your doctor too. Get some good medical help as well as trusting in Jesus my friend.

God bless you

I am seeing a doctor for insomnia already. Haven't said anything about the suicidal feelings yet. I'll definitely want to bring that to his attention.

Sometimes we need to go entirely by faith and not by feelings. For example, God said that He would never leave us or forsake us. I looked in up in the Greek. Never means... wait for it.... never. So God has not left you. If you have confessed known sin and you do not hold onto unforgiveness, then God has no issue with you. I think you've answered your own question. "I was a wellspring of emotion". Yeah, well emotion is as reliable as a two bob watch. God wants us to live by principle, not by feelings.
Isaiah 50
10Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the voice of His Servant? Who among you walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD; let him lean on his God.11Behold, all you who kindle a fire, who array yourselves with firebrands, walk in the light of your fire and of the firebrands you have lit! This is what you will receive from My hand: You will lie down in a place of torment.…

Some 30 years ago, I had 6 months of chronic insomnia. I'd talked myself (with help from the devil) into a false hope and expectation. I knew better. I knew that God's will is revealed through peace of heart. I had no peace. So I wrestled for 6 months, let go of the false hope and slept properly immediately. God is never the source of our problem and is always the answer.

If he never left me, then he is still there. I just need to surrender the false hope to God.

Sometimes God withdraws His loving presence in order to try our faith. It happens. God puts our faith in the furnace of affliction to make us less reliant on ourselves, our emotions and to make Jesus more precious and desirable. Please do not think about self harm as that is the enemy trying to gain ground when we are in a period of weakness. Blessings upon you, my friend.

Thank you. I will hang on longer. I just need some good rest. The sleeplessness is doing a number on my thinking. Not to mention the meds...

• Prayers
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This makes a lot of sense. I may need to pray for renewal of faithfulness and trust. Having been attacked by the enemy for a month, this will take some time. Would definitely want some prayer on this.

I'm praying.

Since the mind and emotions within the body is part of the equation, (in a manner that resembles sin in Romans 7) identifying and confessing sins can also give relief.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.1 John 1:9

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it is about not believing the lies of your depression any longer. Honestly true. i once lingered for 7 long years in the pit believing God had not elected me and i was doomed. Thinking like that was doomed however, not me who repented of thinking like that.

All i had to do was build faith in God back again in accordance to Scripture. So i made all the promises of God's word my own and exercised faith in God more and more times a day.

At first i only managed seconds of faith in God's love because of Jesus. Try to imagine that 23.99 hours of the day i still heeded the lies of my hopelessness, despair, grief, guilt, shame, sadness, loneliness and bitterness, yet those few seconds grew. Seconds became minutes, and minutes became hours and hours became days, and days became weeks and weeks became months and months became years.

Now i'm always walking in faith of God's love. Even when depression rages at its worst i can praise God and know that He loves me and everyone who is hurting. God is a compassionate God, who longs to live in us again.

This is how it goes my depressed brother. The constant negativity of your depression, in particularly feeling that you are not saved, and that God doesn't love you, and that you go to hell, make you much more depressed than you ought to be. Not believing those things but believing that Jesus saved you for you call on His name to do so, that is the way to battle your depressive lies.

The truth is you are in hell already. Depression at its worst is like hell, where we suffer devoid of God's loving truth because we believe the lies of our depression over against the truth of God.

So please repent of not believing God and humbly ask Him for faith and go to work with those seeds that He scatters in your heart. You know about the parable of the sower that is how it goes in our hearts as well. For some of the seeds that God sows fall on a hardened, uncaring, loveless heart. The seeds don't germinate or grow in such places. To let God sow the seeds of faith in a trusting loving heart is what is needed. You know when it is so, for when you trust God's love then you get hope again.

Also consider that your medicine might be bringing on this sense that you are godforsaken. i have been on lots of psych medicine that did that. It is best to search for medicine that works. If you take depression medicines then you should not be this depressed, so obviously they don't do a very good job.

i would discuss this with your doctor.

i would like to tell you that when you sin against the H.S then you don't care about God, sin or salvation any longer. For as long as you want to be saved the H.S is working in you. It is about growing in faith like i tried to show you.

Place your faith in God's love and keep doing that until all of your life is covered by His loving truth, then your depression cannot rob you away from God ever again.

Use this rule in your heart. Whenever you have faith in the Son of God to save you from your bad life you shall be saved, but whenever you don't believe that you shall perish there in.

Mark 16:16 "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Please battle for faith in His love for when you have faith in God's love then you find hope again.

Peace.

To God's Depressed Child,

To think less of yourself then God's own
Brings you much pain and suffering.
Your worth is an incredible high price
For you as well did Jesus die on the cross.

Depression is also what devil's lies brings inside
letting a low-self-esteem your good life rob
Untruths roaming freely through heart and mind
Evil lies extinguishing all happiness and fun.

His loving truth brings you His good life
While to believe lies brings pain and grief
So hold onto the promises Jesus made to you
and don't let Satan your good life squander.

Take hold of God's precious loving truth.
A life in Him stays safe from lies that hurt.
Jesus' truth will comfort your bleeding heart
Lovingly remaking your fallen life anew.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah 50

I

V encouraging answer there. Been dealing a lot with depression and low mood again lately and the devil keeps trying to tell me I am not really God's child . The devil uses mental illnesses to lie to us saying we aren't right with God but it is just our illnesses affecting our brains and souls. Rest assured our spirit is sealed with Jesus as long as we are in Christ

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
it is about not believing the lies of your depression any longer. Honestly true. i once lingered for 7 long years in the pit believing God had not elected me and i was doomed. Thinking like that was doomed however, not me who repented of thinking like that.

All i had to do was build faith in God back again in accordance to Scripture. So i made all the promises of God's word my own and exercised faith in God more and more times a day.

At first i only managed seconds of faith in God's love because of Jesus. Try to imagine that 23.99 hours of the day i still heeded the lies of my hopelessness, despair, grief, guilt, shame, sadness, loneliness and bitterness, yet those few seconds grew. Seconds became minutes, and minutes became hours and hours became days, and days became weeks and weeks became months and months became years.

Now i'm always walking in faith of God's love. Even when depression rages at its worst i can praise God and know that He loves me and everyone who is hurting. God is a compassionate God, who longs to live in us again.

This is how it goes my depressed brother. The constant negativity of your depression, in particularly feeling that you are not saved, and that God doesn't love you, and that you go to hell, make you much more depressed than you ought to be. Not believing those things but believing that Jesus saved you for you call on His name to do so, that is the way to battle your depressive lies.

The truth is you are in hell already. Depression at its worst is like hell, where we suffer devoid of God's loving truth because we believe the lies of our depression over against the truth of God.

So please repent of not believing God and humbly ask Him for faith and go to work with those seeds that He scatters in your heart. You know about the parable of the sower that is how it goes in our hearts as well. For some of the seeds that God sows fall on a hardened, uncaring, loveless heart. The seeds don't germinate or grow in such places. To let God sow the seeds of faith in a trusting loving heart is what is needed. You know when it is so, for when you trust God's love then you get hope again.

Also consider that your medicine might be bringing on this sense that you are godforsaken. i have been on lots of psych medicine that did that. It is best to search for medicine that works. If you take depression medicines then you should not be this depressed, so obviously they don't do a very good job.

i would like to tell you that when you sin against the H.S then you don't care about God, sin or salvation any longer. For as long as you want to be saved the H.S is working in you. It is about growing in faith like i tried to show you.

Place your faith in God's love and keep doing that until all of your life is covered by His loving truth, then your depression cannot rob you away from God ever again.

Use this rule in your heart. Whenever you have faith in the Son of God to save you from your bad life you shall be saved, but whenever you don't believe that you shall perish there in.

Mark 16:16 "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Please battle for faith in His love for when you have faith in God's love then you find hope again.

Peace.

[/QUO

TE]

I don't want to hijack this thread as it isn't about me but Jehu as someone who battles this also your post has given me a sense of hope that maybe am gonna be ok? I hope the original poster can grasp hold of this too it is so important

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Peace.

I

This thread isn't about me and I don't want to hijack it but I have been deali my with same issues as the original poster has and reading this post brings tears to my eyes because I sense a hope that God hasn't blotted my name from His book yet. OH.I know the theology of grace and how we aren't lost if we haven't left God but knowing it in the heart is another issue

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I

This thread isn't about me and I don't want to hijack it but I have been deali my with same issues as the original poster has and reading this post brings tears to my eyes because I sense a hope that God hasn't blotted my name from His book yet. OH.I know the theology of grace and how we aren't lost if we haven't left God but knowing it in the heart is another issue

i promise you that you who cried will surely see the day of your liberation if you practise faith. It doesn't matter if it is only for seconds just make it many seconds as the time goes past. If you find you lack faith, ask God, He give it liberally to all who ask Him in Jesus name. Honestly true.

i know Jesus loves you to find Him. He dwells in our hearts when we love God and neighbour. So crown love for God and neighbour king of your heart, chop your big Idown putting yourself last in that part of your life, and get The promises of God into you as much as you can, and in no time you be ruling beside Christ.

Honest Jesus is the most gracious loving King i have ever met. He is not at all like we are. So very much better to have Him on board when times are difficult.

Be of good courage.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i promise you that you who cried will surely see the day of your liberation if you practise faith. It doesn't matter if it is only for seconds just make it many seconds as the time goes past. If you find you lack faith, ask God, He give it liberally to all who ask Him in Jesus name. Honestly true.

i know Jesus loves you to find Him. He dwells in our hearts when we love God and neighbour. So crown love for God and neighbour king of your heart, chop your big Idown putting yourself last in that part of your life, and get The promises of God into you as much as you can, and in no time you be ruling beside Christ.

Honest Jesus is the most gracious loving King i have ever met. He is not at all like we are. So very much better to have Him on board when times are difficult.

Be of good courage.

I do try and make sure I care for others as well as myself as I know Jesus wants us to do both. But it is having the energy and motivation....my psychotherapist tells !e to just let Jesus love on me and make sure am getting enough rest and am doing what I need to stay safe...he is a Christian so I guess he knows a lot about the Bible....I do follow his advice to the best of my ability but I know salvation is only entered into by resting in the finished work of Jesus and I find that hard to do as my flesh want a to keep striving...

Thanks so much for your words of encouragemnt. Am trying to hate myself less but pride tells me I am insignificant and God hates me

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Be of good courage.
I

I definitely need to start seeing myself as someone who is worth something and I am working on loving myself but I believe that comes from dwelling on how much God loves me

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I definitely need to start seeing myself as someone who is worth something and I am working on loving myself but I believe that comes from dwelling on how much God loves me

When we realise our worth in Jesus then we know we are indispensable for we are a spiritual brick in the New Jerusalem. Not one of His shall be missing. That is the good part of it all.

Our Soul's Worth In Jesus.

Our soul is worth more than all the wealth of the universe, as His Truth shapes our life. Our existence is worth a lot of love, and goodwill too. That's why God The Father sent Christ to lead us on The Way to true and lasting being. Caring so deeply for us especially when we slip and slide down that agonising decline sinful life so often brings.

Our soul is stronger than pain can bring to bear, for nothing can rob us of our life's reality. Good or bad, the Hand of Truth will always carry our existence. Even pain is subdued in the end by our inability to cease, even in the face of dying and death, it will serve just a memory, as a 'child' is born anew within us, time and again.

Our soul will endure for all eternity, harvesting that which we sow around, feeding from the abundance that wells from Being. We are individuals with a personal identity in Being, small images of truth in action, radiating around The Kernel, we exist, a quantum within The Universe, sprouting existentially.

Our souls discovering immortality have many perspectives in sight, eyes rimmed all around the truth that is life's wheel, we cycle on. For why hasn't love got more to say than - 'I love you' - if that wasn't because nothing more or better could ever be said which hasn't already been spoken? And so the truth is our best Friend, even if our truth has not always been the most angelic, this fact remains, in His Loving Truth we genuinely exist. Let's trust in that! Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When death calls loudly then the enemy has your surrounded all because you believe their lies about yourself, God and your neighbour.

Depression can be overcome. It is about rebuilding our minds and hearts with His loving truth.

Scripture tells us that we harvest what we sow. It is very easy to sow bad life being depressed, i certainly made that mistake. i suffered the lies of my depression for years, building misery, before the Word put me straight.

What good is it to heed hopelessness? It is anti- Scriptural it does not believe in Jesus' love, despair, irritably, guilt, shame, regrets, and anxiety, so much anxiety. How can such forces tell you the truth of God? They deny you Jesus, that is what they do and they promote death. They are the enemy! Right inside your heart and mind.

When you replace those forces within with Jesus' Spirit then you will get love, kindness, gentleness, endurance, long suffering, joy, praises, thankfulness and peace. Oh the peace of having Jesus in our hearts is awesome and you can have Him as well.

It is about placing your faith in His truth and let His loving word dismantle to webs of lies satan has woven in your spirit. Such takes awhile to build. It is about having faith 24/7 letting Him build that because we love and trust Him to do a good job.

So please don't hold onto your bad life but actively displace it in your heart and mind with good stuff. Ask God for it, that is how i went about it. i asked God for faith in His love 100 percent no matter what. He is still building for i haven't reached 100 percent yet, but life is very much better with Him in charge.

So place your faith in God's love and fight the devil trying to hinder you. That is all you have to do as well as eat grace when you fall so His love within can begin to undo the sin living there. Nothing can survive His love sinful. He washes us clean along the way.

Peace

Reactions: Kyle W
Upvote 0

Kyle W

Oct 2, 2020
Midland
✟16,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please keep praying for me. I have feelings of wanting to end it. I do not want to give up. This has been a major struggle and the medication that I'm taking is only worsening the matter.

I have been praying numerous times, and I'm still waiting for his will to be done. Still having issues with no emotions, sleep, trust, patience, and repentance.

Jeshu, I did see your post about placing faith in his truth letting his word dismantle the webs of lies. In hindsight, prayer would've kept me out of this whole mess.

Thank you for your support.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeshu, I did see your post about placing faith in his truth letting his word dismantle the webs of lies. In hindsight, prayer would've kept me out of this whole mess.

Yes building in the truth of God's love is the very best move we can make when we are deeply depressed. Can you see how all the negative depressive emotions harvest you misery? Guilt, shame, regrets, bitterness and fear all bring us bad thoughts without faith, love or trust in God. Bad feelings always focus on us not being good enough, and us having done it wrong, while faith in God's love focuses on Jesus and what He has done.

The battle is to keep focussing on Jesus and internalise His loving truth for ourselves. Jesus loves you Kyle. He longs for loving communion with you. He is kept at bay by the lies you believe about God, yourself and your neighbour, so let Scripture's truths unbind you and set you free.

Faith in God's love is always valid. In God's truth you always have faith, love and hope. For these three always remain Paul teaches. So place your faith in God's love brother and begin rebuilding your psyche with His love.

Place your faith in Jesus' love even today brother and begin climbing out of your pit.

:hug:

Song of Battle.

The arrows streak their flame.
I'm under attack again!
Opening the treasures of my defence,
His loving Word my only chance,
Of surviving the fiery weather.

"Do, don't, eat, abstain, go or stay."
Is what my inner attackers say.
Scornfully throwing their hate around.
My sins sizzling at their sound.
Surrounding me with my own misery.