Just a question

Ryal Kane

Senior Veteran
Apr 21, 2004
Hamilton
✟13,720.00
Faith
Atheist
Discussion, Debate, Expression, Explanation, Understanding.
(does that sound like a slogan or what? :D )

I'm an atheist but I find these boards fascinating. There are so many different types on these boards and I find I learn a lot about other religions.

I do my best to try and learn and to educate (that word implies a lot more self righteousness than I intend it too).

If Christians only came ere then there would be a risk of becoming very one sided. Look at the opnions some people have of Wicca. If Wiccans didn't come to these boards, the zealot could brand them evil witches to their hearts content without hearing the other side of the story. (Sadly some do this even after hearing the other side of the story)

Tolereance lies in communication, education and understanding.
It's something worth working for.

Ryal Kane

Upvote 0

Heathen Dawn

Gesta Dei per Francos
Aug 13, 2003
Israel
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Isserty_Dawn said:
I have seen a lot of poeple in the CF who have a pagan symbol. I was just curious why they would come to a christian forum.

I come here for the following reasons:

1. Defending paganism and Wicca from misconceptions (such as that we sacrifice babies, or conversely, that Wicca is an ancient religion).

2. Discussing theology with fellow theists (what I can’t do on an atheist board like Internet Infidels).

3. Challenging Christianity’s exclusive truth claims (John 14:6 and all that). That doesn’t mean proselytising, it means encouraging tolerance, namely the idea that my path has the right to exist.

4. Challenging the atheists on this board as well (in General Apologetics).

Upvote 0