Canada
✟4,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are many new faces here in TAW, but for those of you who have known me and my husband, Vasya Davidovich (I think we are TAW's first couple to meet here and later get married).....I thought you might like to know that we are expecting our first baby in August.:clap: We are very, very happy and excited about this, and we humbly ask that you would pray for us, and especially for our child.:pray: Thanks!

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
WOOHOOO!!!! Congratulation!!! A real TAW baby! :) Lots of prayers for all three of you! Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet or are you not going to find out?
Scarily enough, I've been getting bouts of babyfever (YIKES) and that's one of the things I don't know if I want to know. Most people in Finland do not and here's it's so common. I don't know...

Upvote 0

Grand_Duchess-Elizaveta

Pie-baking apron-clad hausfrau :D
Jun 22, 2004
Canada
✟4,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, all. You're so kind.:hug: I will most definitely keep everyone updated. I had an ultrasound already due to some concerns the Dr. had, and we got to see our little one and it's tiny heart beating away. It was pretty awesome.:)

The pregnancy has gotten off to a scary start. I was having light bleeding off and on for quite a while and was warned that I might miscarry. It was a very stressful time with lots of praying. Thankfully, after a lot of tests and an ultrasound, everything looks good. Some women just have periodic bleeding in the first trimester (and sometimes the whole pregnancy), and apparently I'm one of them. Anyway.....I'll be 13 weeks on Friday. Provided nothing weird or irregular happens, my next ultrasound won't be until probably between the 18th and 20th week--which is when the sex can be determined with greater than 90% accuracy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Orthosdoxa

Happy wife and mommy
Feb 11, 2003
nowhere
✟24,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm so glad the announcement has finally been made, so I don't have to worry about anything slipping. :D

So??? Tell us about the fun stuff!! Have you been playing with names? Shopping for cribs or clothes? Were your parents over the moon?

Man, I want to be pregnant again... (hmm, just what I need, to be violently ill and probably bedridden again for 8 months, this time with two little ones to care for...)... but I can't help it. It's such an exciting time to plan for the future, to discuss parenting theories with the one you love, etc... yeehaw!

LK

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Congrats!

attachment.php

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

:clap: :D :clap:

Hey, I think Erwin should have a honor roll for people who marry through CF.

Upvote 0

Orthosdoxa

Happy wife and mommy
Feb 11, 2003
nowhere
✟24,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
hey, nothin' says Daddy can't get all the praise and attention, too!

Congrats!

Now, are you going to be "daddy" or "papa"? We've noticed the more Russian leaning converts in our parish have their kids call them Papa. My Dh though, is just "daddy", all the way.

LK

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.