• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Just a heads up

Discussion in 'Whosoever Will, May Come - Liberal' started by kiwimac, Oct 7, 2007.

1. kiwimac

kiwimac Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian Supporter

+1,379
    New Zealand
    Utrecht
    Married
    AU-Greens
    Time2beCounted and his co-believers are busily trying to define Christianity according to a US fundamentalist POV. Please make sure you are involved in any discussion started by him and his.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tenebrae

Tenebrae A follower of The Way

+1,805
    Anglican
    Private
    Broken head right now, not up to much, specially going round in circular arguements

However you have my permission to stir the pot as much as you see fit for this lame duck.

3. kiwimac

+1,379
    New Zealand
    Utrecht
    Married
    AU-Greens
    :D

Frankly I am so annoyed by the tactics at the moment that I'm probably doing more harm than good.

4. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    The sad thing is after the dust settles and the sturm und drang die down and their proposel fails, they'll start eating each other. Defining narrower and norrower peramaters of who is or isn't able to post in the CC fora. Until it's just a couple of people. (IMHO) :sigh:
    tulc(...who is suddenly hungry) :sorry:

5. Tenebrae

Tenebrae A follower of The Way

+1,805
    Anglican
    Private
    I'm just so sick of people who think that being christian gives them the god given right to go round sticking the knife in peoples back when they are down. Its true, christians are on of the only group that shoots their wounded:cry:

6. kiwimac

+1,379
    New Zealand
    Utrecht
    Married
    AU-Greens
    Yes we do and heaven alone only knows why.

7. Rochir

Rochir By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!

+1,859
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Must be that some think preaching to the choir is the best thing since peanut butter!

Makes you really appreciate what you have here in WWMC!:groupray:

8. Ringo84

Ringo84 Separation of Church and State expert

+5,040
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm not in the loop. Why is this happening? What's going on in this forum?
    Ringo

9. Athene

Athene Grammatically incorrect Supporter

+1,099
    Anglican
    Married
    UK-Labour
    A wise decision, I thought about giving my POV this morning but I was pretty ticked off so I though it better not too.

Anyway, we can't have input anymore, they have seen to that and by the looks of it they're even trying to silence CC members who dare to disagree.

10. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Left the river, made it to the sea Supporter

+804
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    It makes an interesting soap opera...

11. Im_A

Im_A Legend

+1,359
    Humanist
    In Relationship
    funny how people want this site to be like the Americain perspective, when the site owner himself isn't Americain and this forum is a host of people all over the world. i find human beings, including myself intriguing to say the least.

12. Joykins

Joykins free Crazy Liz!

+1,095
    Methodist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I settled for warning them what to expect.

I wonder if their forum will go the way of the anabaptist forum.

13. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    Ouch! :(
    tulc(that one STILL stings) :sigh:

14. Joykins

Joykins free Crazy Liz!

+1,095
    Methodist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    It saddens me too, tulc. But it is what will happen if you let people run amok deciding who does and who doesn't belong.

The disciples wanted to keep the children from Jesus, but Jesus wanted them to come because they wanted to be with him.

15. Gukkor

Gukkor Senior Veteran

+120
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Links to the discussion, please, I'm woefully lazy. :p

16. Joykins

Joykins free Crazy Liz!

+1,095
    Methodist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Try this one http://foru.ms/t6222765

It gets really hoppin' when the OP basically calls stumpjumper a pagan.

Yes, stumpjumper , the former theology mod known for his knowledge of German theologians and staunch Lutheran faith.

It's craziness.

17. TheManeki

TheManeki Christian Humanist

+519
    Christian
    Married
    Thanks, guys.

18. Apollo Celestio

Apollo Celestio Deal with it.

+1,259
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Green
    I don't think the definition of Christian should extend within the political realm, but that is because I do not care for the affairs of the world. But a clear cut definition is needed, lest the atheists cling to their notion that "Hitler was a Christian"

19. kiwimac

+1,379
    New Zealand
    Utrecht
    Married
    AU-Greens
    Aargh,

T2BC has just asserted that God had sex with Mary in order to concieve Jesus.

http://foru.ms/showpost.php?p=39580610&postcount=152

20. Loki

Loki Senior Veteran

+94
    Christian
    Married
    Why are they trying to define Christianity and Christians?