Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Time2beCounted and his co-believers are busily trying to define Christianity according to a US fundamentalist POV. Please make sure you are involved in any discussion started by him and his.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The sad thing is after the dust settles and the sturm und drang die down and their proposel fails, they'll start eating each other. Defining narrower and norrower peramaters of who is or isn't able to post in the CC fora. Until it's just a couple of people. (IMHO) :sigh:
tulc(...who is suddenly hungry) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
The sad thing is after the dust settles and the sturm und drang die down and their proposel fails, they'll start eating each other. Defining narrower and norrower peramaters of who is or isn't able to post in the CC fora. Until it's just a couple of people. (IMHO) :sigh:
I'm just so sick of people who think that being christian gives them the god given right to go round sticking the knife in peoples back when they are down. Its true, christians are on of the only group that shoots their wounded:cry:

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Must be that some think preaching to the choir is the best thing since peanut butter!

Makes you really appreciate what you have here in WWMC!:groupray:

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Time2beCounted and his co-believers are busily trying to define Christianity according to a US fundamentalist POV. Please make sure you are involved in any discussion started by him and his.
I'm not in the loop. Why is this happening? What's going on in this forum?
Ringo

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
:D

Frankly I am so annoyed by the tactics at the moment that I'm probably doing more harm than good.

A wise decision, I thought about giving my POV this morning but I was pretty ticked off so I though it better not too.

Anyway, we can't have input anymore, they have seen to that and by the looks of it they're even trying to silence CC members who dare to disagree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It saddens me too, tulc. But it is what will happen if you let people run amok deciding who does and who doesn't belong.

The disciples wanted to keep the children from Jesus, but Jesus wanted them to come because they wanted to be with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Try this one http://foru.ms/t6222765

It gets really hoppin' when the OP basically calls stumpjumper a pagan.

Yes, stumpjumper , the former theology mod known for his knowledge of German theologians and staunch Lutheran faith.

It's craziness.

Reactions: stumpjumper
Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I don't think the definition of Christian should extend within the political realm, but that is because I do not care for the affairs of the world. But a clear cut definition is needed, lest the atheists cling to their notion that "Hitler was a Christian"

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟591,618.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Aargh,

T2BC has just asserted that God had sex with Mary in order to concieve Jesus.

Quote:Originally Posted by kiwimac
In Hebrew, the Holy Spirit, Ruach Hakadosh, is feminine. God describes Godself in Isa 42:14 as a woman in labour.

You COULD try to define Godself, if you like exercises in futility. The finite (US) can never describe the Infinite.

As an aside I tend to refer to God by mixing the gender references, Him, His, He, Her, Hers, She. One time male, one time female. The problem being, of course, that English has no easy way of being gender neutral without saying 'It.'

If the Holy Spirit is female Kiwi would it be considered an act of Divine/Human Lezbianism for 'her' to overshadow Mary, Fathering the Messiah? How do we address this, justifying it from the standpoint of scripture forbidding female to lie with female?

How can a female impregnate a female?

http://foru.ms/showpost.php?p=39580610&postcount=152

Upvote 0