Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Empire” actor Jussie Smollett is under arrest and in the "custody of detectives" Thursday morning, Chicago police Chief Communications Officer Anthony Guglielmi said.

Smollett, who had felony criminal charges approved against him Wednesday, turned himself in to police, authorities said.

Smollett was charged just hours after he was "officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation" for allegedly "filing a false police report" in connection with his Jan. 29 attack claims, police said. The Cook County State's Attorney's Office approved the "Disorderly Conduct / Filing a False Police Report" charges.

Jussie Smollett is under arrest in custody of Chicago police

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
“Empire” actor Jussie Smollett is under arrest and in the "custody of detectives" Thursday morning, Chicago police Chief Communications Officer Anthony Guglielmi said.

Smollett, who had felony criminal charges approved against him Wednesday, turned himself in to police, authorities said.

Smollett was charged just hours after he was "officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation" for allegedly "filing a false police report" in connection with his Jan. 29 attack claims, police said. The Cook County State's Attorney's Office approved the "Disorderly Conduct / Filing a False Police Report" charges.

Wonder if the 'Empire' cast will throw a party for him when he gets back; unlikely they will throw him out since he is one of their own.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wonder if the 'Empire' cast will throw a party for him when he gets back; unlikely they will throw him out since he is one of their own.
I’m sure the cast of Empire will miss him.

• Haha
Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lucky for Mr. Smollett that it was not the Mueller team in charge of this or they would have shown up with a small army to cuff him and take him into custody without giving him a chance to surrender himself.

• Haha
Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Recent videos on this story:

I cannot help but think this is an unhealthy trend in American society...

We all should know what happened to the little boy who cried wolf one too many times...

And then on the other hand we have real hate crimes against conservatives captured on video like this recent assault on a conservative activist on Berkeley campus. I hope the young man presses assault charges, without holding people responsible, this sort of hateful behavior will only grow, and do nothing to ease the political tensions in the atmosphere of identity politics between people with differing political views. Real consequences have the tendency to make believers out of people, that is, if you do this, then this will result, so maybe best to think first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I say that it was impressive to listen the ADA break down the evidence against Smollett.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lucky for Mr. Smollett that it was not the Mueller team in charge of this or they would have shown up with a small army to cuff him and take him into custody without giving him a chance to surrender himself.
If like Stone, he was deemed a risk to destroy evidence or a flight risk, the CPD would have.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If like Stone, he was deemed a risk to destroy evidence or a flight risk, the CPD would have.
Probably not a flight risk as he does have a contract. Plus he’s confident his defense will create enough headlines.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thus, no reason for them to perform a raid.
Considering his lawyer was contacted with the offer to turn himself in and that is what Jussie did, I’m thinking it was not a consideration.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a slight aside: in post #6 in the first vid at about 7 seconds in? I know that guy in the lead with the beard. He grew up down the hall from us. I used to work with his dad here in Chicago. :)
tulc(is humming "it's a small world after all" right now) :D
Interesting. That’s right you are a native of Chicago if memory serves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The list of people, especially celebrities of one ilk or another, who pull shenanigans like this seem to be growing. Maybe it is time to start throwing the book at them.....
The Chicago police handled this one well. It took 24 detectives if the local news reported correctly.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I found this whole circumstance incredibly sad. I'll admit at first I was very alarmed by his story when it hit the news. Although, I was surprised it wasn't the MAGA hat individuals that didn't get beat up in that location. I figured stranger things have happened. So, I believed him. I didn't even pay attention to the rest of it.

I put the story on ignore - like I do many others. I figured I could live without all the stereotypes that were coming in next. It's predictable, and you really can't hear any 'news' about the circumstance at that point. I was going to wait until they arrested his perps. lol then I was going to place the story on ignore again, because more of the monolithic stuff would spread like wildfire then.

At first I figured the doubts over his story were just gossip. It wasn't until they announced they were going to take him into custody that I was bit taken back. How sad that he was willing to place innocent people in harm's way, and possibility allow someone to have a record over this. Hopefully, people won't make excuses for him - no doubt excuses wouldn't work the other way around. He is so young, and it's sad that he pretty much trashed his reputation and career over irrational hatred.

I'm going to pray for him.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Chicago police handled this one well. It took 24 detectives if the local news reported correctly.

That's a lot of money spent that should have been utilized elsewhere, I wonder if he'll have to reimburse the city?

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0