Contributor
May 22, 2005
3rd pebble from the shiny star
✟6,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
hey just wondering if jump roping for like 20 min. would be a good way to get some cardio excercise? i guess it would be good at toning the legs too wouldn't it? call me a lil girl but i think jump roping is fun. lol. hey but dont boxers jump rope too? so i guess its not just for little girls. :p

just wanting some opinions and advice or w/e u think about jump roping . lol

::boing.. boing... boing:::clap: till then i'll try it and do an experiment and let ya know how it works...

goat37

Skeet, skeet!
Jul 3, 2003
Chesapeake Beach, MD
✟9,013.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
boxers do it for balance as well as endurance

it can be good exercise if you can keep it up for 20 minutes at a brisk pace... the goal would be to make sure that your target heart rate was in line with where it should be during a cardiovascular workout.

I guess if you jumprope like girls in a school yard, you probably won't get much out of it... but if you do it like a boxer, you could.

Any physical activity is better than none.

Upvote 0

Kasia

Pray for our troops!
May 31, 2005
San Diego
✟19,576.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One of my friends who is a Marine jump ropes for part of his excercise, and like goat37 said, boxers do it all the time.
The whole point of cardio excercise is to get your heart rate up and keep it up for a period of time, so as long as you challenge yourself a bit it should be fine.
Have fun jumpin' away!

Upvote 0

TheTruthinFiction

Apr 5, 2005
✟8,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed with each post so far, jumping rope can be a really good exercise, it also builds agility if you start doing the fancy styles where your hand criss-cross and all of that. Of course, this isn't from my own experience, never could keep it going long enough to be effective for me.

Upvote 0

Lena75

Aug 11, 2004
✟21,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here's a good Jump Rope for Heart website. I've always loved jumping rope as a kid, and now as a mom. ;) Not only is it great exercise, but it's loads of fun! Then once the kids learn, you can teach them old school rhymes and have them skip to that. One I can never do is double-dutch. :|

36_7_9.gif

Upvote 0

Elboy

Jun 2, 2005
Bristol england!!
✟8,547.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Candid chick, they are all correct! It is a really good work out if you do it in the style Boxers do it, I used to be a boxer (before i became a christian) and even though i hated it i had to skip for over an hour every day! Never did it properly though! I absoultly hated it and i would always fall on my face!

Another good workout is to either row......or ride a bike! Espically the latter!

Thanks for reading

El

Upvote 0

candid_chick007

Contributor
May 22, 2005
3rd pebble from the shiny star
✟6,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i tried it today....but its a whole lot harder than i thot it would be. lol.
i mean junk! jump rope for 20 min. straight!?
yikes. i had to take a few breathers. mabe im just out of shape...or mabe i was going to fast. ....but i cant really jump rope slow. lol

Upvote 0

fitmom

Senior Veteran
Mar 3, 2004
Regina
Visit site
✟12,454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
candid_chick007 said:
i tried it today....but its a whole lot harder than i thot it would be. lol.
i mean junk! jump rope for 20 min. straight!?
yikes. i had to take a few breathers. mabe im just out of shape...or mabe i was going to fast. ....but i cant really jump rope slow. lol
Jumping rope for 20 minutes would be a very challenging workout! I usually just ad in 1 minute intervals to my classes or PT sessions. GOOD JOB! How are your calves feeling? J :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums