Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Greens
First a jumble sale was being organised, one that they apparently have regularly. It was so early in the morning that it was still almost dark. One of the sellers told me that they pay £5000 for a table, for which they get back a £400 cash float in change so they have change to give their customers. IIRC she told me that she thought £5000 for a table was too steep as she often doesn't break even.

Then I was a seller at a jumble sale, laying my unwanted items (mainly CDs, DVDs and towels, I think) on a table to sell. But then more sellers came and many of us were expected to share one table, so I had to cram all my stuff together in a small space. I realised that one of the old towels I was trying to sell had a dirty mark on it from where my dog had wiped her nose on it and I was worried that it might put buyers off. But one of the other sellers said they thought it was worth more than I was charging. I think I was planning to charge £4 for it but the other seller said it was worth around £11.

One of the other sellers started crying. He told me that his girlfriend Shereen (a family friend of mine IRL) had been swimming somewhere dangerous and had been swept away and drowned. I remember thinking that she'd always been reckless and it was just a matter of time before something like this happened.

Then I was a mother with kids, planning to move to a home nearer my kids' school.

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First a jumble sale was being organised, one that they apparently have regularly. It was so early in the morning that it was still almost dark. One of the sellers told me that they pay £5000 for a table, for which they get back a £400 cash float in change so they have change to give their customers. IIRC she told me that she thought £5000 for a table was too steep as she often doesn't break even.

Then I was a seller at a jumble sale, laying my unwanted items (mainly CDs, DVDs and towels, I think) on a table to sell. But then more sellers came and many of us were expected to share one table, so I had to cram all my stuff together in a small space. I realised that one of the old towels I was trying to sell had a dirty mark on it from where my dog had wiped her nose on it and I was worried that it might put buyers off. But one of the other sellers said they thought it was worth more than I was charging. I think I was planning to charge £4 for it but the other seller said it was worth around £11.

One of the other sellers started crying. He told me that his girlfriend Shereen (a family friend of mine IRL) had been swimming somewhere dangerous and had been swept away and drowned. I remember thinking that she'd always been reckless and it was just a matter of time before something like this happened.

Then I was a mother with kids, planning to move to a home nearer my kids' school.

Your input may be worth more then you think it is...I think you would regret not emphasizing caution to your friend if she got hurt doing something reckless.

Upvote 0