July 24 - Saturday, "Mary's Day" and also...

MariaChristi

Jun 23, 2021
south
✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today’s Readings are taken from the Optional Memorial of St. Sharbel, a Lebanese monk, and as I listened to God’s Word I could not help but think of our Mother Mary and the great humility and faith we see in Mary and in this holy priest who loved Jesus.

Reading 1 (Sir 3:17-24)

My child, conduct your affairs with humility, and you will be loved more than a giver of gifts. Humble yourself the more, the greater you are, and you will find favor with God. The greater you are, the more you must humble yourself in all things, and you will find grace before God. For great is the power of God; by the humble He is glorified. What is too sublime for you, seek not, into things beyond your strength search not. What is committed to you, attend to; for it is not necessary for you to see with your eyes those things which are hidden. With what is too much for you meddle not, when shown things beyond human understanding. Their own opinion has misled many, and false reasoning unbalanced their judgment. Where the pupil of the eye is missing, there is no light, and where there is no knowledge, there is no wisdom.

Responsorial Psalm (Ps 15) The just one shall live on your holy mountain, O Lord. He who walks blamelessly and does justice; who thinks the truth in his heart and slanders not with his tongue…​

Alleluia verse - (Mt 5:3) Blessed are the poor in spirit; for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven.​

Gospel (Mt 19:27-29)

Peter said to Jesus, “We have given up everything and followed you. What will there be for us?” Jesus said to them, "Amen, I say to you that you who have followed Me, in the new age, when the Son of Man is seated on His throne of glory, will yourselves sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for the sake of My name will receive a hundred times more, and will inherit eternal life."

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your Faithful, as you filled Mary and as you continue to guide all her children into the Kingdom of her Incarnate Son Jesus, conceived in her by the Power of Your Holy Spirit. Jesus, we trust in You! Mary Mother of the Church, pray for us. St. Joseph, husband of Mary and guardian of the Child Jesus, pray for us. Amen.

Reactions: Michie