✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today on this First Saturday, let us ponder Mary’s appearing to Sister Lucia of Fatima, with Jesus as a Child:

“On December 10, 1925, the Most Holy Virgin appeared to her [Lucia], and by Her side, elevated on a luminous cloud, was the Child Jesus. The Most Holy Virgin rested Her hand on her shoulder, and as She did so, She showed her a heart encircled by thorns, which She was holding in Her other hand. At the same time, the Child said: “‘Have compassion on the Heart of your Most Holy Mother, covered with thorns, with which ungrateful men pierce It at every moment, and there is no one to make an act of reparation to remove them.’ “Then the Most Holy Virgin said: “‘Look, My daughter, at My Heart, surrounded with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce Me at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You at least try to console Me and announce in My name that I promise to assist at the moment of death, with all the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, shall confess, receive Holy Communion, recite five decades of the Rosary, and keep Me company for fifteen minutes while meditating on the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary, with the intention of making reparation to me.’”

Today’s Mass readings, also encourage us to Listen to Jesus’:

Alleluia. - My sheep hear My voice, says the Lord; I know them, and they follow Me"

Gospel (Mt 9:14-17)​

The disciples of John approached Jesus and said, “Why do we and the Pharisees fast much, but your disciples do not fast?” Jesus answered them, “Can the wedding guests mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? The days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast. No one patches an old cloak with a piece of unshrunken cloth, for its fullness pulls away from the cloak and the tear gets worse. People do not put new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise the skins burst, the wine spills out, and the skins are ruined. Rather, they pour new wine into fresh wineskins, and both are preserved.”​

If you have time today to ponder the Word of God coming to us through through Mary, you may be blessed in watching this Video:
St. Paul (30 June): Legion of Mary Bring it Back - YouTube 1 ( it is only 20 minutes long but it is well worth your listening to this priest)

Reactions: Michie

MariaChristi

Jun 23, 2021
south
✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Will watch the video after I run my errands. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Michie. I was so blessed by it, I hope you and many others will be blessed by it too! Thanks for your Faithful Heart, ever seeking to Love Jesus espeially through Mary, our Mother given to us from His Cross.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, Michie. I was so blessed by it, I hope you and many others will be blessed by it too! Thanks for your Faithful Heart, ever seeking to Love Jesus espeially through Mary, our Mother given to us from His Cross.
St. Paul from my experience seems to be a very derided disciple imo but it was wonderful that it was pointed out how much he suffered to follow the Lord. Tying in Kolbe and Fr. Peyton was perfect. I loved how it ended with we have this little treasure box we can delve into for our aid. It was a great homily. Thank you! :)

Upvote 0

MariaChristi

Jun 23, 2021
south
✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
St. Paul from my experience seems to be a very derided disciple imo but it was wonderful that it was pointed out how much he suffered to follow the Lord. Tying in Kolbe and Fr. Peyton was perfect. I loved how it ended with we have this little treasure box we can delve into for our aid. It was a great homily. Thank you! :)
So happy to know you were blessed by it! Thanks so much!

• Friendly
Upvote 0