✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

What a beautiful Alleluia verse before today’s Gospel! St. Paul in his letter to the Ephesians encourages us, pointing us toward God, our Father and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to enlighten the ears of our hearts. How many times we hear the importance of the heart in God’s Word to us!

Let us Listen attentively to the Alleluia verse today and also to what Jesus says to His 12 Disciples as He began to send them out. Let the Word of God penetrate the hardness that can be in our hearts, let us listen with the ears of our hearts, to hear His Truth and to do the Truth as our Mother Mary did on this earth and all the saints who followed Jesus did.

Alleluia verse - “May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ enlighten the eyes of our hearts, that we may know what is the hope that belongs to our call.” (Eph 1:17-18)

Gospel - (Mk 6:7-13)

Jesus summoned the Twelve and began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over unclean spirits. He instructed them to take nothing for the journey but a walking stick — no food, no sack, no money in their belts. They were, however, to wear sandals but not a second tunic. He said to them, “Wherever you enter a house, stay there until you leave. Whatever place does not welcome you or listen to you, leave there and shake the dust off your feet in testimony against them.” So they went off and preached repentance. The Twelve drove out many demons, and they anointed with oil many who were sick and cured them.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your Faithful, open our hearts wide to receive the fullness of Your Truth and to do the Truth we hear. Make us living tabernacles for the Blessed Trinity as is Mary, Mother and Model for the Church. Amen.

I wonder how many Catholics in our parishes are listening attentively to God's Word these days. Do you experience the Reverence among people as you did in the past? Do you experience the depth of preaching you heard in the past? Most of all do you hunger to hear more in the depths of your own heart. I'd be interested in your replies. As a Catholic myself I do thank God that I've learned much from those who taught me to "Listen attentively to God's Word, prayerfully." Thanks ahead of time for any views or replies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michie