Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Judiciary Talks With 2 Men Who Think They Assaulted Ford, Not Kavanaugh, Report Says

The Senate Judiciary Committee reportedly met with two men this week who think that they assaulted Christie Blasey Ford in 1982, not Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Politico congressional reporter Burgess Everett reported the summary from the Judiciary Committee, which stated: "Committee staff have a second interview with a man who believes he, not Judge Kavanaugh, had the encounter with Dr. Ford in the summer of 1982 that is the basis of her allegation. He described his recollection of their interaction in some detail."

Things that make you go hmmmm...

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe this should be investigated by the FBI.
Joe Biden wouldn't think so.

I've said it before: the crimes being alleged don't warrant any action by the FBI. The only agencies responsible for something like this would be the local PD of wherever these events supposedly occurred. All we have are allegations, no proof that any crimes occurred whatsoever, so why would the FBI get involved anyways?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I've said it before: the crimes being alleged don't warrant any action by the FBI. The only agencies responsible for something like this would be the local PD of wherever these events supposedly occurred. All we have are allegations, no proof that any crimes occurred whatsoever, so why would the FBI get involved anyways?
People will want independent investigating.

Not sure whether local law enforcement can investigate 36 yr old misdemeanor, forcible groping, because possible time limit from statue of limitations.

But in America a lot of people would want independent investigating to prove any new parties are legit, not being paid, independent investigating they can trust.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Well you're wrong about that. Kavanaugh is basically applying for a job. A very elaborate job interview. The FBI would be looking into the allegations as a part of the background check on that. Not for a criminal case. Trump's just given a bunch of bullcrap on the whole thing, lead to folks having the confusion about it that you've given here.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

I've said it before: the crimes being alleged don't warrant any action by the FBI.

I've said it before. The FBI investigated such allegations w/r/t Clarence Thomas. It's very much the same situation. In neither case is it a criminal investigation.

Upvote 0