Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This week I've had the struggle of which direction as a Christian I should go. Not always doctrinal, little things or habits in daily life. But today as usual the Lord is my rock in all things as he is in all life. I read Matthew 7 with discernment in mind and the following is my thoughts, some common Biblical/Christian understanding and some my own understanding (least in wording :))

Our Lord Jesus Christ clarifies his will for understanding doctrine. Whether it's judging a brother or false prophets. We're told to be careful when judging as we will be judged too. But also we're to judge the fruits of our brethren when it concerns the truth. Jesus said "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote our of thine brother's eye". How I understand it is he's telling us to be humble and merciful. As any one of us could be in error and wrongfully been doing the equivalent of what would be judged.

Also further he describes the judging of ravening wolves in sheep's clothing, he tells us to "beware!" The Lord warns us to know them by their fruits. Does so by asking the question, "Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?" Again it's my understanding is false prophets lack Jesus' character and works. He compared a good tree and a bad tree by their fruits. The good in the good tree is of God the Father in us, or Him in the Son in whom we live that produces good fruit. It's God's will of character and works through our faith in Jesus, all which leads to good in us and the good to others who're themselves fruitful as a result.

The questions on my mind after all this, are we practicing what we preach and what we belief is the Lord's Gospel? If so why the confusion within ourselves and the causing of confusion among others? It's an important reminder to keep the faith with Christ at the center and above all else.

Reactions: GodsGrace101

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This week I've had the struggle of which direction as a Christian I should go. Not always doctrinal, little things or habits in daily life. But today as usual the Lord is my rock in all things as he is in all life. I read Matthew 7 with discernment in mind and the following is my thoughts, some common Biblical/Christian understanding and some my own understanding (least in wording :))

Our Lord Jesus Christ clarifies his will for understanding doctrine. Whether it's judging a brother or false prophets. We're told to be careful when judging as we will be judged too. But also we're to judge the fruits of our brethren when it concerns the truth. Jesus said "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote our of thine brother's eye". How I understand it is he's telling us to be humble and merciful. As any one of us could be in error and wrongfully been doing the equivalent of what would be judged.

Also further he describes the judging of ravening wolves in sheep's clothing, he tells us to "beware!" The Lord warns us to know them by their fruits. Does so by asking the question, "Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?" Again it's my understanding is false prophets lack Jesus' character and works. He compared a good tree and a bad tree by their fruits. The good in the good tree is of God the Father in us, or Him in the Son in whom we live that produces good fruit. It's God's will of character and works through our faith in Jesus, all which leads to good in us and the good to others who're themselves fruitful as a result.

The questions on my mind after all this, are we practicing what we preach and what we belief is the Lord's Gospel? If so why the confusion within ourselves and the causing of confusion among others? It's an important reminder to keep the faith with Christ at the center and above all else.
My brother won't even join a forum because he thinks it's a sin to quarrel among ourselves.

Some like to have Jesus as Savior but not as Lord of their life.

I think we should listen and hear what Jesus taught and then do our best to be His disciple. Love God, Love our neighbor. Love ourself. That's the best we could do and God will not demand more than we could give.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's odd but I don't think there's an actual difference of being online or offline. The only difference is being face to face in person, even then it's possible with cameras and mics. As for the quarreling it's not limited to forums but could happen anywhere when people disagree. Plenty of people online too at forums who're in need of fellowship which welcomes them.

Sometimes it seems that way to me, but it includes me too lol. I do try as you said to listen for the Lord's voice and follow what Jesus taught. Yes it should be simple as love God, love our neighbor, and be loved as he had loved. What complicates it is trying to understand the context of this love and convince people a certain context is true.

Upvote 0