✟29,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone :) ...sorry if this is miscategorized

So has anyone ever been out (either in the now or in the past) and knowingly doing something you know you have no business doing and just got a sense of having to leave or just get pushed in the opposite direction? Maybe even a gut feeling. I have felt that way maybe as many times I can count on just 1 hand, and yes I did leave the situations and the other times I didn't I of course suffered the consequences but god still stuck by my side thankfully.

Has this happen to any of you and did you see it as your "good/better judgement" or "a signal from god"?

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

So has anyone ever been out (either in the now or in the past) and knowingly doing something you know you have no business doing and just got a sense of having to leave or just get pushed in the opposite direction? Maybe even a gut feeling. I have felt that way maybe as many times I can count on just 1 hand, and yes I did leave the situations and the other times I didn't I of course suffered the consequences but god still stuck by my side thankfully.

Has this happen to any of you and did you see it as your "good/better judgement" or "a signal from god"?
If we have the Holy Spirit in us, then what we can sense as our "good/better judgement" could very well be a prompting of the Holy Spirit. It is always good to listen to that still small voice, to make sure that what we are about to do is wise and appropriate.

Upvote 0

t-wings

Dec 26, 2017
DC
✟29,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we have the Holy Spirit in us, then what we can sense as our "good/better judgement" could very well be a prompting of the Holy Spirit. It is always good to listen to that still small voice, to make sure that what we are about to do is wise and appropriate.

yes, I agree

Upvote 0

princesstatyanna

Mar 25, 2018
Mississippi
✟16,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

i usually get convicted when I do something that i shouldn't be doing. I start feeling a burning sensation in my stomach

Upvote 0

t-wings

Dec 26, 2017
DC
✟29,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i usually get convicted when I do something that i shouldn't be doing. I start feeling a burning sensation in my stomach

I understand, I get something along the line of that but I dont know how to put it.

Upvote 0

HopefulHepatica

Beauty from Ashes
Apr 24, 2018
West Coast
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I think I understand. I get a burning sensation in my chest when I'm doing or thinking or feeling in a way I shouldn't be, it helps me realize I need to let it go and consult God. Sometimes I won't even consciously recognize that it's wrong, then I feel that burning and it grabs my attention. Fascinating isn't it? :) It wasn't like that for me, before I accepted Christ. I was a mess of anxiety and nerves and fear before but I don't recall this same sensation.

• Prayers
Reactions: t-wings
Upvote 0

t-wings

Dec 26, 2017
DC
✟29,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I think I understand. I get a burning sensation in my chest when I'm doing or thinking or feeling in a way I shouldn't be, it helps me realize I need to let it go and consult God. Sometimes I won't even consciously recognize that it's wrong, then I feel that burning and it grabs my attention. Fascinating isn't it? :) It wasn't like that for me, before I accepted Christ. I was a mess of anxiety and nerves and fear before but I don't recall this same sensation.

Thats interesting :)

Upvote 0