Judgement Day...Jesus asks...”Why should you enter Paradise?” What will we say?

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why should I enter Paradise? I shouldn’t, but somewhere up here is the shed blood on the mercy seat that made me worthy.Thank you, Jesus
I just don't think Jesus would ask that question. But if anyone else asks, here's how I think the conversation would go:
them: Why should you enter paradise?
me: Jesus died for me.
them: How do you know he died for you?
me (as I rub my chin): Well, I believe He told me so.
TD:)

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here is what Jesus Himself said about that very issue (who will enter the Kingdom):

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. -Matthew 7:21-23

So, what is "the will of the Father"? Jesus tells us Himself:

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. -John 6:38-40

Our only "plea", our only hope of Salvation, is Jesus Christ and His finished work. The "will of the Father" is to believe on the Son.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think Jesus would be asking Christians that question, would he?
Jesus knows who His sheep are, therefore He wouldn't be asking it. His sheep would be following Him, therefore, they wouldn't expect Him to ask it.

• Agree
Reactions: Steviooo
Upvote 0

Steviooo

May 6, 2013
Sydney
✟21,393.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus knows who His sheep are, therefore He wouldn't be asking it. His sheep would be following Him, therefore, they wouldn't expect Him to ask it.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Even if he were to ask Non-Christians, their response would still be insufficient. :p

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just don't think Jesus would ask that question. But if anyone else asks, here's how I think the conversation would go:
them: Why should you enter paradise?
me: Jesus died for me.
them: How do you know he died for you?
me (as I rub my chin): Well, I believe He told me so.

All you did was BELIEVE ?...??? Are you nuts?!! I wanna know if you kept the law,or at least TRIED! Did you worship on the correct day? ......I could go on. And on....and on......I think I have made the point...you just said everything God wants to hear.....thank you for lovely post... God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I have no idea if Jesus will be asking ANY questions,much less the one I am using in this thread.....please don’t misunderstand....i’m Just trying to make a point....please bear with me....thank you.....God bless

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Peter does not have the "keys" to the heavenly realms.

Jesus does!

Revelation 1:18
and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

God The Father asks:
"What did you do about my only begotten beloved Son into whose hands all power is given?"

God the Holy Spirit asks:
Although you quenched and grieved me on occasion, your spirit was sanctified into the will of the Father?

God the Son asks:
Were you spiritually changed and born again from above by spiritually believing on Me?

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why should I enter Paradise? I shouldn’t, but somewhere up here is the shed blood on the mercy seat that made me worthy.Thank you, Jesus

What will we say?

I am thankful Lord, that you called me to be your inheritance.

I am thankful Lord, that you showed me how to answer your calling.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea if Jesus will be asking ANY questions,much less the one I am using in this thread.....please don’t misunderstand....i’m Just trying to make a point....please bear with me....thank you.....God bless
Thank you for clarifying... during the time of judgement, the books will testify what was done or not done, repented of and not repented of... whether our names are indeed in the book of Life.

Now is the time for securing our treasure in Heaven. Follow the Lamb wherever He leads and be obedient to what He has asked... simply, humbly and with gratitude.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No misunderstanding on my part. I'm just giving a different perspective.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Judgement Day...Jesus asks...”Why should you enter Paradise?” What will we say?

I would say, as you have said, “These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life”, Mat. 25:46. I can’t say if I am righteous, because it is also said: “If I testify about myself, my witness is not valid.”, John 5:31. For me it is enough what ever God thinks is the best. If it is God’s will that I go to hell, that is ok to me. :)

Upvote 0