✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello you, welcome.

Please will you read thoroughly before responding.

Thank you.

Judgement Day, (Every day?)

You have seen this scripture :

1.Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Jesus Christ is speaking about judgement here, towards other people.

You might not believe this but some people believe that what is being said doesn't mean what it means at all.

Every day, you can make judgement calls: Shall I go to work early, Should I brush my teeth before bed, Should I message this person, Should I get gas here or there, Should I cook at home or grab something from the fast food joint?

Of course we make judgement calls every day.

Now would you consider this what Jesus Christ is speaking about judging whether or not you should go out to eat a burger, or message a friend? Absolutely not.

What Jesus Christ is speaking about here is judging other people and condemning: No matter who they are. You profess you are a believer in God, yet you judge someone else based on whatever merit you decide does not match up to your standard?

Do you tell someone you go to church, then bad mouth John the next door neighbor because his tree has branches hanging over on your side of the fence?

Do you gossip bad things about others because they do not do things you do?

(Im guilty assuredly of judging other people, even being a prideful type of Christian especially when my first coming to Christ as a babe.)

This scripture of what Jesus Christ is saying is saying... hey anything you say about someone that is not out of love, will come back around to you. If you go around telling people you are a christian, yet someone hears you bad mouthing someone or down playing another person, you are going to be judged by the same measurement of your own judgement, unless they are a mature Christian and they understand an no better.

Because Jesus Christ mentions after the measurement that will come back around.

Why do you judge the way someone is acting a certain way, yet you do the same thing?

Why do you not get the spec out of your own eye to see clearly so you do not cause your brother to stumble?

If you both are blind by the spec in your eye, how can either one of you help each other?

Last edited:

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
On the day of judgement, we will be judged by love: the love we have received, and the love we have extended to others. Not by the creeds we recited, the hymns we sung, or by the sinner's prayer.

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and, Love your neighbour as yourself"

Jesus replied. “You have answered correctly, Do this and you will live.”

Love is the fulfilment of the law. If we do not love, we will not live and we will never have salvation, either in this life or the next.

If we want to be saved, then we must learn how to love and we must do it now, right here in the present.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello you, welcome.

Thank you.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

You might not believe this but some people believe that what is being said doesn't mean what it means at all.

Every day, you can make judgement calls: Shall I go to work early, Should I brush my teeth before bed, Should I message this person, Should I get gas here or there, Should I cook at home or grab something from the fast food joint?

Now would you consider this what Jesus Christ is speaking about judging whether or not you should go out to eat a burger, or message a friend? Absolutely not.

What Jesus Christ is speaking about here is judging other people and condemning: No matter who they are. You profess you are a believer in God, yet you judge someone else based on whatever merit you decide does not match up to your standard?

Do you tell someone you go to church, then bad mouth John the next door neighbor because his tree has branches hanging over on your side of the fence?

(Im guilty assuredly of judging other people, even being a prideful type of Christian especially when my first coming to Christ as a babe.)

This scripture of what Jesus Christ is saying is saying... hey anything you say about someone that is not out of love, will come back around to you. If you go around telling people you are a christian, yet someone hears you bad mouthing someone or down playing another person, you are going to be judged by the same measurement of your own judgement, unless they are a mature Christian and they understand an no better.

Why do you judge the way someone is acting a certain way, yet you do the same thing?

Why do you not get the spec out of your own eye to see clearly so you do not cause your brother to stumble?

If you both are blind by the spec in your eye, how can either one of you help each other?

The Greek word for "judge" that Luke 6 uses means to condemnation. We have no authority to condemn anyone to hellfire, only Jesus has that authority. But as Christians we do... have authority of discernment against evil, and the power to deal with it.

So if we discover a brother who is doing something wrong per Christian doctrine in Scripture, then we are just in pointing out the sin to that brother, and to the elders. Then an investigation is supposed to take place by the elders. And if that brother is guilty, and will not repent of the sin and make a change, then he is to be put out of the Church. This is per both Lord Jesus' commandment, and of Apostle Paul.

An example of this is given in 1 Corinthians 5 of a Church member at Corinth who was having sexual intercourse with his father's wife.

1 Cor 5:3-5
3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
KJV

Where did Apostle Paul get the info that having sexual intercourse with the wife of one's father is a sin against Christ? It's against God's laws. Apostle Paul actually referred to God's laws quite a bit while teaching New Covenant Christian Doctrine.

This is one of the problems with the preaching in a lot of Churches today. Many of them are no longer paying to attention to what God's Word defines as sin. And some so-called churches are teaching lies that we as Christians cannot ever sin anymore after believing on Jesus! So now we are seeing this attitude of, "don't you judge me, Jesus said don't judge", even when they are in a sin and need help out of it!

The fact of the matter is that Lord Jesus did not nail all of God's laws on His cross. He nailed the ordinances in the law. A look at what Paul taught in 1 Timothy 1 reveals this as true, for Paul quotes sins there that are against Christ which are written in God's laws first mentioned in The Old Testament.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Eastern Orthodox Prayer of St Ephraim (prayed several times a day during Lent)

O Lord and Master of my life, take from me the spirit of sloth, despair, lust of power, and idle talk.

But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to Thy servant.

Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see my own transgressions, and not to judge my brother, for blessed art Thou, unto ages of ages. Amen.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I agree with @Davy. The point in how this is done, pointing out someone else's sin, is through the community of believers. We must be "close knit" if this is to work. That means more than just going to church on Sunday and living the rest of our lives apart from Christ, but living life with our community of believers. If you feel you could never tell one of the people at your church they are in sin, I would question the health of the church. You should be able to point out sin in love for your brothers and sisters in Christ. Jesus said, "If your eye causes you to sin, poke it out. It's better to die with one good eye than have your whole body thrown in to hell" so pointing out someone's sin, in the right context, that being someone in Christ close to you, is actually a very loving thing to do because you love them enough to keep them from sinning.

When we become complacent with our sin, we need to repent. This is very clearly seen in scripture. If you love your brothers and sisters in Christ as you love yourself, you will warn them of their sin, just as when you see sin in your own life you know you need to repent.

Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello you, welcome.

Thank you.

There are judgments you make every day - deciding what to do , who to listen to etc.

But in the Bible there is a "future judgment" day.

2 Cor 5:10 - Paul says it was future to his day.
Rom 2:13-16 -- Paul says it is future to his day
Dan 7 says it is future to the time of the Roman empire altogether. (And after 1260 years of dark ages persecution that would follow)

Dan 7
21 I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and prevailing against them, 22 until the Ancient of Days came and judgment was passed in favor of the saints of the Highest One, and the time arrived when the saints took possession of the kingdom.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There are judgments you make every day - deciding what to do , who to listen to etc.

But in the Bible there is a "future judgment" day.

2 Cor 5:10 - Paul says it was future to his day.
Rom 2:13-16 -- Paul says it is future to his day
Dan 7 says it is future to the time of the Roman empire altogether. (And after 1260 years of dark ages persecution that would follow)

Dan 7
21 I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and prevailing against them, 22 until the Ancient of Days came and judgment was passed in favor of the saints of the Highest One, and the time arrived when the saints took possession of the kingdom.

Yeah, this is a point I forgot to mention. You can also see it in the Nicene Creed where Jesus comes back to judge the living and the dead.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
True love begins within. If I can’t love myself and admit uncomfortable truths I’ll have difficult doing the same with others.

Physician, heal thyself is a popular expression I’ve taken to heart. Charity begins at home. So does peace, forgiveness, contentment, and so on. I spend more time attending to my house. There’s always room for improvement and that’s my priority. I’m no ones sin monitor.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

• Agree
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
True love begins within. If I can’t love myself and admit uncomfortable truths I’ll have difficult doing the same with others.

Physician, heal thyself is a popular expression I’ve taken to heart. Charity begins at home. So does peace, forgiveness, contentment, and so on. I spend more time attending to my house. There’s always room for improvement and that’s my priority. I’m no ones sin monitor.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

These things are done through the love of God first. When you know who you are in Christ it empowers the other kinds of self love and love for others. It doesn't start with self love, it starts with loving the one who first loved us.

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
These things are done through the love of God first. When you know who you are in Christ it empowers the other kinds of self love and love for others. It doesn't start with self love, it starts with loving the one who first loved us.

Knowing God and loving yourself aren’t one in the same. There are many Christians lacking self-love and more than a few who struggle to love others unselfishly.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Knowing God and loving yourself aren’t one in the same. There are many Christians lacking self-love and more than a few who struggle to love others unselfishly.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Knowing God is impossible outside of Christ; in the OT they looked forward to the Messiah, when He was on earth he said, "The kingdom of heaven is at hand," and when He ascended He gave us the Holy Spirit which testifies to the love of Christ which empowers all other real love. Saying loving God starts with self love is completely anti-Christian and not what the Gospel actually says. Jesus said to love God with everything was the FIRST commandment and from that flows the second.

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Am a bit late to this junction and have a lot to read, but not sure if will do today.

When it comes to pointing out peoples sins, I believe that is pretty ignorant on our part as believers in God...

If you can not look at yourself and realize all the bad things you have done in your own life, and see others needing mercy, forgiveness, and patience. There is a problem with your heart. (Now not everyone will like you, not everyone will be honest with you either.) If you are living your life in honor to God and the Lord Jesus Christ, loving God, and Loving others in the mature way then that is good.

If you are still a babe in christ, you still gotta grow.

I never wanna be one of those type of people - bopping people on the head for every little thing that they do. YOU CANT DO THAT YOU CANT DO THIS, type of mentality. We have freedom in Christ Jesus, who does in the long haul of loving him, tends to remove a lot of things that once were in our lives.

Like hating my family, to loving my family.
Hating myself, and hating others, to accepting my own faults, and accepting the faults of others.
There are other things that could be said.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Am a bit late to this junction and have a lot to read, but not sure if will do today.

When it comes to pointing out peoples sins, I believe that is pretty ignorant on our part as believers in God...

If you can not look at yourself and realize all the bad things you have done in your own life, and see others needing mercy, forgiveness, and patience. There is a problem with your heart. (Now not everyone will like you, not everyone will be honest with you either.) If you are living your life in honor to God and the Lord Jesus Christ, loving God, and Loving others in the mature way then that is good.

If you are still a babe in christ, you still gotta grow.

I never wanna be one of those type of people - bopping people on the head for every little thing that they do. YOU CANT DO THAT YOU CANT DO THIS, type of mentality. We have freedom in Christ Jesus, who does in the long haul of loving him, tends to remove a lot of things that once were in our lives.

Like hating my family, to loving my family.
Hating myself, and hating others, to accepting my own faults, and accepting the faults of others.

Paul was constantly pointing out the sin in certain Christian communities.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

This. Just because you’re saved doesn’t mean you like yourself or love yourself either. I’m glad you’ve moved beyond that point.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This. Just because you’re saved doesn’t mean you like yourself or love yourself either. I’m glad you’ve moved beyond that point.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Accepting your faults isn't the reaction we should have towards our sin. The correct response to our faults is to say, "God forgive me" not "I'm okay with my sin". The former leads to a closer relationship with Christ and the later leads to a closer relationship with your sin. Sin is a faith killer, period.

• Agree
Reactions: Davy
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is Paul, an Apostle. Pointing out to keep themselves as pure as they could and be prepared to stay strong spiritually for Jesus Christ coming back.

We can talk about how to overcome things, when a person is ready. Never before hand, truecounter.

All of the sins that plagued me in my life, are selfishness, hatred for others, (These two are against the two commandments.) Loving God, and Loving Others. Which are the only two commands we live by.

Other smaller sins that plagued my life, were inappropriate contentography, meth, spice, weed, (drug addictions). These are the sins that were overcome by me focusing more of the word of God, and letting God renew my mind and renew my heart. Also asking God for help through prayer, we also pray for others and we start to have peace as we think about heavenly things opposed to earthly.

Still haven't used anything, God is my helper. This doesn't make me better than anyone else though and we have to remind ourselves we are not in any authority over other peoples lives.

With this, if it is helpful that is good if it is not. Just throw it away you believe what you want.

Thank you all for your comments and have a blessed day.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We can talk about how to overcome things, when a person is ready. Never before hand, truecounter.

I think I disagree with this. If a pastor is in an affair with someone, do you not point it out because he's "not ready" to confront his sin? I think the answer should be obvious that you would at least address him on his sin if not bring it to and elder at the church whether he is ready to give up his adultery or not.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Let the whole town know so they can shame him. That is the best method rather than talking one on one with the person.:clap::groupray::help::preach:

That is not the right way to do it either. First you go to him privately, and if he still wants to be in sin, you bring 2-3 people with you to convict him in the presence of other believers. If he is still resistant, then you bring his sin to the congregation. That is the order. You give him every opportunity to repent, but if he doesn't then you gradually take more drastic action. This is how it says to do it in the Bible.

• Friendly
Upvote 0