Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Could it be that Judas was anti-Christ? The Lord said Judas is "the Son of Perdition, not a son of perdition.
Whether or not the word "son" is capitalized was up to the translators. Neither Hebrew or Greek have letters in upper or lower case.
Anti-Christ has a head wound which Judas also has.
Does it say in scripture that Judas and THE Antichrist were both wounded on the head?
The scripture says of Judas that he hung himself. When he fell from the tree his bowels broke open. Not his head.
The scripture says of THE Antichrist that he was wounded unto death. No mention of being struck on his head.
There is the verse in Genesis that the seed of the woman would wound the head of the serpent. But that is metaphorical.
could this be the head wound he supposedly recovers from in a counterfeit of the Resurrection?
Judas sought for Jesus to show Himself to be the Messiah to overthrow the Roman government. By contrast, THE Antichrist (during the Tribulation) walks into the Jewish temple, sits on the throne and claims that he is God. So there's a big difference between the two.
Another point. Judas is known by name. THE Antichrist isn't. So that also means that they are two different people.
Also I wonder about the number 666 it is the number of man. Anti-Christ is a triune being
Every person is a triune being (1Thes.5:23).
and it appears that each of them will be a man, 6 Satan in the form of a man, son of Satan anti-Chtist in the form of a man and the false prophet also in the form of a man, 666.
Using the theological terms, satan in the form of a man, and the son of satan THE Antichrist.. is the same person. He and the false prophet amount to two people, not three.
We are shown angels coming as men a number of times in Scripture,
The appearance that they have is as men, but they are not men.
Angels, even fallen angels are made in the Image of the Lord just as men also are in His Image, the Image of the Lord Jesus.
No. Angels are not in the image of man. They do not consist of triune beings.
Nor are they in the image of the Lord Jesus Christ. Only born again believers are. Jesus didn't die for the sins of satan and his fallen angels. He died for the sins of mankind.

Angels are in a lower class of beings than humans are. They serve humans (Heb.1:14). And believers through Jesus Christ have authority over fallen angels and demons (Luke 10:19).
if judas was anti-Christ was given the Sop at the PASSOVER?
Judas was influenced of the devil. But he was not THE Anti-Christ. Judas fulfilled the prophecy concerning him but he does not return as THE Antichrist to fulfill the prophecies concerning him. They are two different people.
The Lord's wats truly are not our ways He is pure Love while we vacillate between some and none for the most part concerning our enemies and those we don't like. What a God!!!
To the unrighteous, His ways are not their ways. But we have been created after Him in righteousness and holiness. We are to be righteous and holy as He is righteous and holy. As the scripture says "As He is, so are we in this world."

Praise the Lord for He is good for His mercy endures forever.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Could it be that Judas was anti-Christ? The Lord said Judas is "the Son of Perdition, not a son of perdition. Anti-Christ has a head wound which Judas also has. could this be the head wound he supposedly recovers from in a counterfeit of the Resurrection? Also I wonder about the number 666 it is the number of man. Anti-Christ is a triune being and it appears that each of them will be a man, 6 Satan in the form of a man, son of Satan anti-Chtist in the form of a man and the false prophet also in the form of a man, 666. We are shown angels coming as men a number of times in Scripture, Angels, even fallen angels are made in the Image of the Lord just as men also are in His Image, the Image of the Lord Jesus.

if judas was anti-Christ was given the Sop at the PASSOVER? The Lord's wats truly are not our ways He is pure Love while we vacillate between some and none for the most part concerning our enemies and those we don't like. What a God!!!

We could also ask, Why did the Lord incarnate during the Roman empire? Just so prophecy of his hands and feet being pierced could be fulfilled, since crucifixion was not prominent before that time?

A Messianic Jewish pastor once taught that the plan of God was for the high priest to lay Christ on the Temple altar and sacrifice him as Abraham was about to sacrifice Isaac. The sacrificial system was supposed to teach the Levites the plan to sacrifice Messiah when he incarnated to cleanse all mankind of sin. However, the Lord knew that they would not understand the types and shadows of the sacrifice, thus had to place him in wicked hands to get the job done.

Whether this teacher is right or not, only God knows. If he was right, the high priest would have been guiltless if he believed, like Abraham, that God would raise him from the dead. Judas, on the other hand, did not believe Christ would be raised from the dead, thus committed murder. If he did believe, he would not have hung himself afterwards when he regretted his decision to betray Christ. And I think it is for this reason he is called the son of perdition.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Could it be that Judas was anti-Christ? The Lord said Judas is "the Son of Perdition, not a son of perdition. Anti-Christ has a head wound which Judas also has. could this be the head wound he supposedly recovers from in a counterfeit of the Resurrection? Also I wonder about the number 666 it is the number of man. Anti-Christ is a triune being and it appears that each of them will be a man, 6 Satan in the form of a man, son of Satan anti-Chtist in the form of a man and the false prophet also in the form of a man, 666. We are shown angels coming as men a number of times in Scripture, Angels, even fallen angels are made in the Image of the Lord just as men also are in His Image, the Image of the Lord Jesus.

if judas was anti-Christ was given the Sop at the PASSOVER? The Lord's wats truly are not our ways He is pure Love while we vacillate between some and none for the most part concerning our enemies and those we don't like. What a God!!!
Something that amazed me when I first read it, is that Jesus called Judas friend. How could He, knowing what Judas was about to do? Being God has some advantages over us! Yet because we have the Life of Christ within, we also can love our enemies, not of ourselves but through Christ.
I don't agree that angels are made in the image of God. Satan attempted to rise above his place and make himself like God. That did not work out so well. Only God can raise the dead. I can't see why God would raise Judas, except to face the judgement. Everyone will be at that engagement.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As I said the Lord's testimony is "I have chosen the 12 and one of you is the Devil." If not Judas who then?

Your taking an English translation and running with it. You need to stop doing that because it is not the original language

• Agree
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

roman2819

Supporter
Nov 22, 2012
Singapore
✟208,448.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
some accounts say judas was simply trying to get Jesus to destroy the romans. he was trying to force His hand.

I heard before too, and i think there is some truth it in, even though the Scriptures didn't say so. The apostles could not write that unless they wanted to incur the wrath of Caeser.

The zealots were fighters who resort to force against romans, and Judas belong to this group. They wanted to take back their land but had failed. The Jews were also expecting a political messiah and they wondered if Jesus was the one. Judas could be hoping that Jesus would push back at the romans after they arrested him.

Since Judas was a zealot, he knew how to spy on people. Even if he was not a disciple, he would still be able to tell the high priest where Jesus was. So God did not cause him to betray, it was his own doing. However the Lord chose him as disciple because of unconditional love and also damage control. If not, Judas might have caused more collateral damage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

roman2819

Supporter
Nov 22, 2012
Singapore
✟208,448.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Something that amazed me when I first read it, is that Jesus called Judas friend. How could He, knowing what Judas was about to do? Being God has some advantages over us! Yet because we have the Life of Christ within, we also can love our enemies, not of ourselves but through Christ.
I don't agree that angels are made in the image of God. Satan attempted to rise above his place and make himself like God. That did not work out so well. Only God can raise the dead. I can't see why God would raise Judas, except to face the judgement. Everyone will be at that engagement.

Yes, Jesus could choose a betrayer because of unconditional love. Another reason is damage control: Instead of not having Judas around, it is easier to manage the situation if he was with Jesus and disciples.

Even if Judas was not a disciple, he would still have betrayed the Lord. He was a zealot, trained in spying and warfare. He could have followed Jesus, and when the crowd was not around, went to inform the high priest.

Judas was not the only one who was tempted to betray Jesus. When the religious establishment plotted to kill Him, they offer a reward. But others fear the consequences of betraying the Lord, and Judas would go ahead. Jesus knew who He has chosen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only if you believe suicide is a sin; I, for one, don't.
I think it depends whether one is actually in his right mind. To plot your own death from a sound mind is murder. If one is truly so depressed that he is not thinking logically, that might be different.

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your taking an English translation and running with it. You need to stop doing that because it is not the original language

in the original there is a definite article before it which makes it read the Devil

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. Romans 10:10 ESV

Not judging but, except he asked the Lord for forgiveness with his mouth, his death was pretty much in vain.
And we have no way of knowing if he did that or not... but if i were so distraught at doing a wrong that i considered killing myself, begging forgiveness would be the primary thing on my lips

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

one of my favorite thoughts is that every knee will bow and confess Him to be who He has claimed. Of course that means we will see Satan swallow that pride that caused all this. What a sight that is going to be.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,802.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it depends whether one is actually in his right mind. To plot your own death from a sound mind is murder. If one is truly so depressed that he is not thinking logically, that might be different.

A person can be of sound mind, i.e capable of making a decision, and yet utterly convinced that the world would be a better place without them; or that they've messed up so badly there is no hope.
To others, taking their own life is irrational if they have things to live for. The suicidal person might not see it like that, yet still be convinced that they know their own mind.

I think Judas knew what he had done - because he said so - wasn't expecting the resurrection and so was in utter despair over his actions.

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whether or not the word "son" is capitalized was up to the translators. Neither Hebrew or Greek have letters in upper or lower case.
Does it say in scripture that Judas and THE Antichrist were both wounded on the head?
The scripture says of Judas that he hung himself. When he fell from the tree his bowels broke open. Not his head.
The scripture says of THE Antichrist that he was wounded unto death. No mention of being struck on his head. I erred and have already admitted I was thinking the head wound took place but in reality as I said the head happens when he returns.

There is the verse in Genesis that the seed of the woman would wound the head of the serpent. But that is metaphorical. The Seed of the woman Paul tells us is Jesus Christ is the Seed spoken of and the head He crushes Seed is anti-Christ. This not metaphorical this is waiting to become fulfilled.

Judas sought for Jesus to show Himself to be the Messiah to overthrow the Roman government. By contrast, THE Antichrist (during the Tribulation) walks into the Jewish temple, sits on the throne and claims that he is God. So there's a big difference between the two. Judas did want Christ to act in what would have been changing times and seasons, Everything anti-Christ has done has been with the intent of stopping or defiling Him. Neither Judas or any of them knew who He was for sure. Judas didn't want to make the wrong move and sat on the wrong guy. When the Pharaoh killed all the male children or Herod doing the same thing it was all influenced by anti-Christ to stop one male child who they did not know. It would have been very difficult for Judas to walk into the temple and declare himself God because his temple wasn't built yet and it was Christ's time not his.

Another point. Judas is known by name. THE Antichrist isn't. So that also means that they are two different people. Okay but what does that have to do with Satan being a trinity of evil or not? In the Revelation Satan is shown in the form of a frog and out of that being comes three other persons if you will those three show the trinity of evil. A trinity made up of Satan the father, Satan the son and Satan the false prophet. Judas was named and anti-Christ is also named his name is anti-Christ. The emphasis is meant to be fully on the Christ verses the anti-Christ. what you think is metaphorical in the Garden is about to become reality. These are the two Seeds.

Every person is a triune being (1Thes.5:23). Using the theological terms, satan in the form of a man, and the son of satan THE Antichrist.. is the same person. He and the false prophet amount to two people, not three. Right about anti-Christ and the false prophet being 2 people but wrong about the rest. Scripture teaches that Satan is in heaven, satan is in The Abyss and Satan is at work in the world. Why would Satan have to be three different persons to be in three different places? He is not omnipresent he only counterfeits God he isn't God. So the trinity of evil is broke up in this manner. Satan the father and God the Father are both presently in heaven, Satan the father accuses the brethren day and night to God the Father. Satan the son or anti-Christ descended into the Abyss which is a prison in the shaft that leads to the Lake of Fire. Held there until his return or you could call his second coming. The Christ ascended into heaven where waits for God the Father to send the Son back. When this happens anti-Christ will have seven years before he is defeated by Christ who returns seven years after the coming of anti-Christ. Anti-Christ is thrown into the lake of fire, not dealing with false prophet yet. False prophet is also defeated and thrown into the fire. When this happens Satan the father is taken pisoner and he is brought down to spend 1,000 years in the Abyss before He is released and defeated by the Christ, Now Satan the father is thrown into the LOF. The problem with this is explained in a few verses. Hell was made for Satan and his fallen angels. no ordinary human is thrown into the LOF until after the GWTJ.

The appearance that they have is as men, but they are not men. No. Angels are not in the image of man. They do not consist of triune beings. we will leave whether they re triune for a later time. Never said they are men. Said angels can and do appear as men. they also appear in a form that causes men to fall at their feet and worship them. This is not caused by their looking like men because here they are tempted will the angel desert his proper place and seek to gain the World as he did during the time of Noah?

Nor are they in the image of the Lord Jesus Christ. Only born again believers are. Jesus didn't die for the sins of satan and his fallen angels. He died for the sins of mankind. did not say they are men. The angels on the mercy Seat were shown as four sided beings each corresponding to the picture of the Lord presented in each of the Gospels. In the first Gospel Christ is shown to be the King the Lion on the four faced angel statue. Next is the Ox which speaks of being a Servant and that is how Lord is portrayed in Mark. Then comes the face of a man on the Mercy Seat representation of the angels and corresponds to the Lord as portrayed in the Book of Luke. Lastly on the statue is the face an eagle on the Mercy Seat which speaks of God and it is as God the Lord is revealed to us a number of times our God is revealed metaphorically as an eagle. ANgels and men are created in the Image of God, Jesus Christ.

Angels are in a lower class of beings than humans are. They serve humans (Heb.1:14). And believers through Jesus Christ have authority over fallen angels and demons (Luke 10:19).
yes they are lower for the present time but man has been created a little lower but the time is coming when we are translated into eternal beings and angels are then made lower than the Redeemed.
Judas was influenced of the devil. But he was not THE Anti-Christ. Judas fulfilled the prophecy concerning him but he does not return as THE Antichrist to fulfill the prophecies concerning him. They are two different people. No he returns Judas is the anti-Christ. We will one day know for sure and we can marvel at the ways of our Lord no matter what way it takes place. udas was The Devil according to Christ.

To the unrighteous, His ways are not their ways. But we have been created after Him in righteousness and holiness. We are to be righteous and holy as He is righteous and holy. As the scripture says "As He is, so are we in this world." His ways are still not fully our ways, Do we honor enemies, do we forgive them as they nail us to a cross. I would say His ways are becoming our ways and when He has finished the work He stated in me His ways will be my ways.

Praise the Lord for He is good for His mercy endures forever. Amen!!]

great stuff what a bear trying to answer. Wish I knew how to just do one section then another section but here goes.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
great stuff what a bear trying to answer. Wish I knew how to just do one section then another section but here goes.
Yes you probably should learn how because I'm not interested in taking the time to separate what I said from what you said.. What you've done is erase the quotes that my words were in rather than leave the quotes there and just make your reply after each.

Why don't you just post your answers in a separate post, then I'd be more willing to respond.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mathetes66

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What appears to be ignored is what the CONTEXT and the actual verse SAYS & the many verses CONFIRMING the specific meaning in that verse.

John 17:12 While I was with them, I protected & preserved them by Your name, the name You gave Me. Not one of them has been lost, EXCEPT the son of perdition, SO THAT THE SCRIPTURE would be FULFILLED.

Psalm 41:8-10 “A vile disease has been poured into him; he will never get up from where he lies!” 9 Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his HEEL AGAINST ME. 10But You, O LORD, be gracious to me & RAISE ME UP, that I may repay them.

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is A DEVIL!"

John 13:18 I am not speaking about all of you; I know whom I have chosen. But this is to FULFILL THE SCRIPTURE: 'The one who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.'

Acts 1:16 "Brothers, THE SCRIPTURE HAD TO BE FULFILLED which the Holy Spirit foretold through the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide for those who arrested Jesus.

Judas Iscariot is 'the son of perdition' that BETRAYED CHRIST AT THE LAST SUPPER, SHARING HIS BREAD & lifting up his heel against Christ. This was the fulfillment of prophecy at that specific time in history. No other person fulfilled this prophecy of Scripture execept Judas Iscariot. That is why he is called the son of perdition WHO FULFILLED SCRIPTURE.

He is not the final antichrist as described in the books of Daniel and Revelation. He did not rally all the nations against Christ. He only specifically fulfilled that one Scripture at a point in time & confirmed by Jesus Himself and the apostles.

Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Judas was one of many.

The Bible states there have been many antiChrists, and I would consider Judas one. Do people think that he had a reason to do what he did? I don't think it was for 30 pieces of silver. That would make him really pathetic. However, he isn't someone with great talent, cunning, and skill to be the father of lies and trickery. He's not the coming antiChrist who is equal in power to Jesus in this world.

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes you probably should learn how because I'm not interested in taking the time to separate what I said from what you said.. What you've done is erase the quotes that my words were in rather than leave the quotes there and just make your reply after each.

Why don't you just post your answers in a separate post, then I'd be more willing to respond.
Sorry I made you angry it was not my intent. I am not literate on a computer and I don't know how to do what you are talking about. I am sorry for such a terrible sin and ask your forgiveness

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 13:3
The verse is a metaphor. The beast is a conglomeration. The angel explains. The 7 heads are hills on which the woman sits. So one head struck to death would be one hill.

A hill is a kingdom or an empire. A horn is a ruler. In Daniel, Alexander the Great was called a horn.

The conglomeration is a unified beast. Seven heads/kingdoms and ten horns/kings. The head that is struck to death is a kingdom defeated. When the head/kingdom/empire is restored. All are amazed.

There is a lot not being said or explained that would make the king of the restored kingdom to be THE Antichrist.

Upvote 0