Apr 11, 2008
Atlanta
Visit site
✟9,008.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The Birth and Resurrection of Jesus Christ can be found Astrologically with many geometric forms - too many to dismiss as coincidence.

How does one think the Magi appeared except a geometric "star" they had knowledge of clued them?

Every one else in those times were observing the sky - a comet, supernova, ect. would have been observed by others.

Traditional knowledge of a certain sect of Zoroastrian Magi sent them on their way after seeing the alignments and geometric formations passed down for generations.

My 2 cents.

Upvote 0

Daniel Alievsky

Oct 5, 2013
Karmiel
Visit site
✟7,710.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I think it is not a good idea to confuse Magi and astrology with God and His actions.

He did so that these two symbols became the symbols of Judaism and Christianity. Does it make sense? I think it does, as well as all miracles of God. We just need to understand it.

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
There was a prophecy of Zoroaster according to an apocryphal Gospel... and I think it possible that those Magi were following that star...

Anyway if we're talking about Judaism, Christianity and Geometry how about Islam and Al-Jebr?

Latin algebra, from Arabic al jebr "reunion of broken parts"...

Online Etymology Dictionary

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Do you have ideas about Islam and it's symbol? I see there only a little part of circle.

Oh...Youmean in terms of your..

"If you take a line and turn it around one of its ends to all of the angles, which are found in the Star of David or in the Cross, the other end of the segment will describe a complete circle."

Not sure...but recall that the crescent isn't necessarily a Muslim symbol..meaning it has antecedents in the middle east with the Sassanians who were Zoroastrian. Note the star and crescent on the coin:

3044Lg.jpg

Muslims originally didn't have a recognizable symbol:

The early Muslim community did not have a symbol. During the time of prophet Muhammad, Islamic armies and caravans flew simple solid-coloured flags (generally black, green, or white) for identification purposes. In later generations, the Muslim leaders continued to use a simple black, white, or green flag with no markings, writing, or symbolism on it.[2]

Star and crescent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check out the Kaaba.. The Kaaba (Arabic: [FONT=Amiri,sans-serif][FONT=Scheherazade,Lateef,'Droid Arabic Naskh',Amiri,'Arabic Transparent',Arial,'Microsoft Sans Serif','Segoe UI','Sakkal Majalla','Microsoft Uighur','Arabic Typesetting',sans-serif,serif]الكعبة[/FONT]‎[/font]‎ al-Kaʿbah IPA: [ælˈkæʕbɐ], "The Cube"

It's a cube..If you take a Latin Cross and fold it you have a cube.

If any civilization has used geometry in it's tile work and other forms predominantly it is the Islamic civilization...

Baha'is also are inclined toward nine numerically because it represent the value of the Arabic letters Ba and Ha:

The Nine-Pointed Star

Upvote 0

simplegifts

Jul 7, 2012
✟8,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh...Youmean in terms of your..

"If you take a line and turn it around one of its ends to all of the angles, which are found in the Star of David or in the Cross, the other end of the segment will describe a complete circle."

Not sure...but recall that the crescent isn't necessarily a Muslim symbol..meaning it has antecedents in the middle east with the Sassanians who were Zoroastrian. Note the star and crescent on the coin:

3044Lg.jpg

Muslims originally didn't have a recognizable symbol:

The early Muslim community did not have a symbol. During the time of prophet Muhammad, Islamic armies and caravans flew simple solid-coloured flags (generally black, green, or white) for identification purposes. In later generations, the Muslim leaders continued to use a simple black, white, or green flag with no markings, writing, or symbolism on it.[2]

Star and crescent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check out the Kaaba.. The Kaaba (Arabic: [FONT=Amiri,sans-serif][FONT=Scheherazade,Lateef,'Droid Arabic Naskh',Amiri,'Arabic Transparent',Arial,'Microsoft Sans Serif','Segoe UI','Sakkal Majalla','Microsoft Uighur','Arabic Typesetting',sans-serif,serif]الكعبة[/FONT]‎[/font]‎ al-Kaʿbah IPA: [ælˈkæʕbɐ], "The Cube"

It's a cube..If you take a Latin Cross and fold it you have a cube.

If any civilization has used geometry in it's tile work and other forms predominantly it is the Islamic civilization...

Baha'is also are inclined toward nine numerically because it represent the value of the Arabic letters Ba and Ha:

The Nine-Pointed Star

The kaaba is an imperfect cube:
13.1 m (43 ft) high, sides 11.03 m (36.2 ft) by 12.86 m (42.2 ft)

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yes actually "cuboid" is the term used...

The Kaaba is a cuboid-shape structure which is made of granite quarried from nearby hills. Standing upon a 250 cm (98 in) marble base that projects outwards about 35 cm (14 in).[1] It is approximately 13.1 m (43 ft) high, with sides measuring 11.03 m (36.2 ft) by 12.86 m (42.2 ft).[6][7] Inside the Kaaba, the floor is made of marble and limestone. The interior walls are clad with marble halfway to the roof. The marble is inset with Qur'anic inscriptions.

Kaaba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's interesting to look at the etymology of the term as well..

The geometric shape with six equal sides is said to come from the Indo-European “root” keu (to bend). Greek kybos means a cube, die, or vertebra.
QooBeeYaH is Aramaic for dice or cubes. Arabic ka'b is a cube, as recorded in dictionaries under KAABA (the square Moslem shrine at Mecca). Arabid k'aba is to cube in mathematics; the Hebrew equivalent is [E]eQaiBH. Mi[O]oQaBH means CUBIC. QaBH is a Biblical measure. A cube is all angles or bends so KaPHaPH, to bend, and its several Kahf-Phey relatives are relevant.

This is from

http://www.edenics.net/english-word-origins.aspx?word=CUBE

Maybe someone who knows Hebrew or Aramaic can confirm this...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Geometry, numerology etc. all have significantly interesting correspondences to scripture. People who disregard these things miss a whole lot of subtle imagery in the beautiful European cathedrals.

Plus as one who has studied the occult, I love me some numbers and shapes. :p

Upvote 0

Zstar

Christian Zoroastrian
Apr 11, 2008
Atlanta
Visit site
✟9,008.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I think it is not a good idea to confuse Magi and astrology with God and His actions.

The Magi and Astrology ... God spoke to the Magi in their dreams, heralding Christianity as we know it today.

He did so that these two symbols became the symbols of Judaism and Christianity. Does it make sense? I think it does, as well as all miracles of God. We just need to understand it.

Makes sense the Jews gained knowledge from the Magi about these things.

Upvote 0