Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Around the world, from the local parish to the highest levels of the Vatican, the papal exhortation Amoris Laetitia (AL) has been interpreted by some to justify, even to elevate the level of virtue, actions of some of the faithful previously taught to be sinful. Examples include ongoing public adultery and public homosexual relationships....

Continued below.
Joyful, Fruitful Racism - Catholic Stand

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Around the world, from the local parish to the highest levels of the Vatican, the papal exhortation Amoris Laetitia (AL) has been interpreted by some to justify, even to elevate the level of virtue, actions of some of the faithful previously taught to be sinful. Examples include ongoing public adultery and public homosexual relationships....

Continued below.
Joyful, Fruitful Racism - Catholic Stand

Well, if open racists were welcomed into the church, then they might be converted, and changed and saved.

A more important thought -- it's not anything but solely Christ that saves us. Only He saves us.
Not any other stuff. We aren't saved by preaching. Not by a church. Not by being excluded out from some individual church's communion. None of those other things save sinners.

What saves sinners is getting to hear the words of Christ and being converted.

In order to do that, it's helpful, just as Christ showed us, that we be welcoming them.

We know for sure the Church has lots and lots of sinners in it, and most of them taking communion. Are we going to make our selves the judge of people that sinned differently than you or me?

Like my sins before I finally repented were not that bad, so the church is for me, but their sins I judge, so no church for them?

Or this morning, when I got angry at someone and was unkind, or when I failed to love a neighbor well enough -- that's fine, church is for me, but it's not for those people over there that did another sin different from my own?

That's the danger we should continue to work to remove, that self-righteous putting ourselves in the place of judge and jury.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Such a lightweight article attempting to twist words. The church has always welcomed all sinners. That is repentant sinners who struggle everyday like we all do. This includes even those who struggle with the sin of racism. What is required of them and all sinners is the they repent and turn from their previous lifestyle and then pick up their cross on a daily basis and follow Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: football5680
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Such a lightweight article attempting to twist words. The church has always welcomed all sinners. That is repentant sinners who struggle everyday like we all do. This includes even those who struggle with the sin of racism. What is required of them and all sinners is the they repent and turn from their previous lifestyle and then pick up their cross on a daily basis and follow Christ.
The article compares an unrepentant racist to an unrepentant adulterer in the context of the interpretation of AL that Francis has signaled his support for which encourages unrepentant adulterers to receive Holy Communion, an interpretation which contradicts what the Catholic Church had always taught before about the meaning of marriage and Holy Communion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0