Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Learn to praise God in the midst of it, knowing that He will see you through it.
Another way would be to read of others trials in the Bible, what they went through and how God saw them through it.
Listen to praise music as much as possible.
Try to think positively.
Know that this too shall pass.

Upvote 0

Alenci

To God be the glory
Sep 2, 2002
Lost in thought
Visit site
✟16,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Real joy comes through a knowing
And truthful relationship with Jesus!
Knowing that only He can give us REAL joy!

Amen!
:amen:

Helping others always gives me joy.

You could try volunteering for a cool charity.

Me too, but I'm not in the midst of trials right now, just doing a personal study on joy. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
[BIBLE]James 1:2-4[/BIBLE]

How? What are some practical ways to find joy throughout trials?

Thought this would be a cool topic of discussion. :wave:
A quick way to find joy is to think about all the people who have stood by you and how they have helped you.

Brings tears of joy to my eyes. Good people rock!

Upvote 0

Alenci

To God be the glory
Sep 2, 2002
Lost in thought
Visit site
✟16,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A quick way to find joy is to think about all the people who have stood by you and how they have helped you.

Brings tears of joy to my eyes. Good people rock!

Or, clearly, thinking about others' faith and labors for the kingdom. That's a theme in most of the opening sentences of Paul's epistles. :)

Upvote 0
T

tryingtobeagain

I've developed a whole theory that suffering brings you closer to God. My Suffering Theory reassures me that whenever I'm going through something God is close by.

I also think about the lessons I'm learning while going through trials. I remind myself that this is part of being on the potters wheel and that as I am being broken down, God will be building me up stronger soon enough!

If things are really bad I focus on how blessed I am to have other things in my life as well!

Hope this helps some and my prayers are with you for your trials you are going through!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BoazB

Dec 29, 2006
South Africa
✟2,335.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Praise, parise, praise....

Good books about it ... "From prison to praise" Merlin Carouthers.
"The power of Praise"
There was also another book... I'm not at home at the moment so I can't give that other title, and two authors.

Put on a CD and praise. Take a guitar and praise. Preferably use an instrument where you get to SING the WORDS. In the darkest of moments, it really helps to put the lights on.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Learn to praise God in the midst of it, knowing that He will see you through it.
Another way would be to read of others trials in the Bible, what they went through and how God saw them through it.
Listen to praise music as much as possible.
Try to think positively.
Know that this too shall pass.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

CoachR64

Awesome, with a side order of amazing
Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think the term "trial by fire" applies here. When I look back over the tough times and trials in my life, I realized that these trials made my stronger. They strengthened my resolve and my faith in God above. When we face trials, we have too choices. We can give up and be beaten down, or we can learn from the trials and use them to make us better.

Richard Nixon said "the finest steel has to go through the hottest fire." Trials in our life refine us and make us stronger. I may have been hurting at the time, but every trial in my life has served to make me a better man.

Coach

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I won't discuss the details, but the last two weeks have been psychologically the best I've been for over 10 years (since early 1997). And it was the result of a sort of a "trial" that I was mostly responsible for getting myself into. It's been a real blessing.

Upvote 0
S

simpletrust

Joy comes from observation. Everything around us, the lives that come in and out of our own.

The weave of life in which God has created. :D

..That's where my joy comes from. Experiencing life around me.

I know what you mean. Do you ever feel joy just by walking down the street and noticing how many people there are just living their own lives in one big web? That's something that for some reason makes me feel very peaceful.

Upvote 0