Joshua 24:15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy

Jesus, You're all this heart is living for.
Jul 16, 2003
✟30,502.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Snowy said:
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Hi there!

:wave:

Certainly, God created each person with free will, and this passage identifies that effect.

choose you this day whom ye will serve;

The Israelites had a history of serving Jehovah God while secretly serving other gods. This is evidenced in the many Canaanite and Israelite pillared houses that have been excavated. The pillared house is exclusive to Israel's people and many have been found with secret altars within the private quarters including the altar and the idols to the foreign gods. For some reason, God chose a people to be His "pick" that had a background for idolterous relationship with foreign gods. This remained a problem for the Jewish nation until the Babylonian captivity, when, never again would the Jew worship another god.

as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Again, we have free choice, and it is a choice to serve the Lord.

~malaka~

Upvote 0

seangoh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
It is not the plan of God to compel men to yield their wicked unbelief. Before them are light and darkness, truth and error. It is for them to decide which to accept. The human mind is endowed with power to discriminate between right and wrong. God designs that men shall not decide from impulse, but from weight of evidence, carefully comparing scripture with scripture.
God now calls upon all who choose to serve Him, to stand on the platform of eternal truth. Let those who have brought about the present state of things, by making the division that exists, stop to consider seriously before going any farther. Change your course of action. "Choose you this day whom ye will serve." "If the Lord be God, -284- follow Him: but if Baal, then follow him" (Joshua 24:15; 1 Kings 18:21).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.